Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That makes sense -- so, it can't be that the practices are challenging for this team. I agree with you.
    Whatever you do dont buy into the brand BS. Buy the coach and the enviroment

Comment

Another agreement

Whatever you do dont buy into the brand BS. Buy the coach and the enviroment
      Another agreement - don't do 2008 PreAcademy - because their record of development clearly suggests otherwise. I hope more people respond so I can decide - especially people who have had the coach or are there now.

Comment

- Pre-academy is a marketing term and nothing more. Consider the team as any other, no title
        - Past records are not an indicator of future success
        - W/L records do not speak to whether a coach can DEVELOP players
        - W/L records for ulittles are meaningless and should be abolished
        - Talk to PARENTS who have had the coach and get their feedback on whether or not the coach is good or not. Did their kids progress? Did the team progress and improve over the year? Is he attentive to players, helping each as individuals, gives feedback?

Comment

yes, but

- Pre-academy is a marketing term and nothing more. Consider the team as any other, no title
          - Past records are not an indicator of future success
          - W/L records do not speak to whether a coach can DEVELOP players
          - W/L records for ulittles are meaningless and should be abolished
          - Talk to PARENTS who have had the coach and get their feedback on whether or not the coach is good or not. Did their kids progress? Did the team progress and improve over the year? Is he attentive to players, helping each as individuals, gives feedback?
          Can a team's performance at the end of the season be a measurement of development when that team played the same teams they did at the beginning of the season? In this case, this coach's teams have all lost to the very teams it beat easily at the beginning of the season.. so, I think I read your response to mean, yes - it suggests this coach has a history of not developing his players properly - and that they rely on outside talent to beef up the roster each year.

Comment

True

Can a team's performance at the end of the season be a measurement of development when that team played the same teams they did at the beginning of the season? In this case, this coach's teams have all lost to the very teams it beat easily at the beginning of the season.. so, I think I read your response to mean, yes - it suggests this coach has a history of not developing his players properly - and that they rely on outside talent to beef up the roster each year.
            That is correct -- but I think you know the answers.

Comment

Maybe the “real” soccer players improved & maybe soccer caught up to the “athletes” that so much depended on size, speed, & strength? Too many high expectations placed on players & coaches at such a young age. Why? Those of you that have experience in this know in a few years time, half of these players will quit playing soccer anyway...

Comment

I would agree but

Maybe the “real” soccer players improved & maybe soccer caught up to the “athletes” that so much depended on size, speed, & strength? Too many high expectations placed on players & coaches at such a young age. Why? Those of you that have experience in this know in a few years time, half of these players will quit playing soccer anyway...
                this coach had 2 teams - 2007 and 2008. They both had the same issues and apparent regression. It leads me to believe, the sentiment of which is shared by others who have responded so far, that the issues is not with the kids but is with the coaching and system.

Comment

Now that I did not know...

Comment

this coach had 2 teams - 2007 and 2008. They both had the same issues and apparent regression. It leads me to believe, the sentiment of which is shared by others who have responded so far, that the issues is not with the kids but is with the coaching and system.
                    This is completely accurate, both teams have a lot of talents, unfortunately the coach like many other Weston coaches are there just for the paycheck.
                    I saw multiple players on both team decreased and lost confidence. 👎🏻

Comment

This is completely accurate, both teams have a lot of talents, unfortunately the coach like many other Weston coaches are there just for the paycheck.
                      I saw multiple players on both team decreased and lost confidence. 👎🏻
                      Thanks -- sounds like you have first hand knowledge. So, seems like the consensus is to wait and not play for the current 2008 Weston PreAcademy coach. I have tried to find his background as a player but cannot. Maybe he didn't play?

Any others agree (or disagree)?

Comment

Thanks -- sounds like you have first hand knowledge. So, seems like the consensus is to wait and not play for the current 2008 Weston PreAcademy coach. I have tried to find his background as a player but cannot. Maybe he didn't play?

Any others agree (or disagree)?
                        looks like played youth soccer for Kendall,am I wrong?

Comment

Youth Soccer?

looks like played youth soccer for Kendall,am I wrong?
                          Really? Lots of people play youth soccer - that would explain a lot.

Comment

Doing worse against the same competition is not a good sign. They still might be developing some, but the competition is probably developing more. I didn't used to believe players could actually regress until I saw it with my own eyes with one team - we left as fast as we could. It takes a real imbecile to pull that off though, like epically bad.

Comment

Name?

What is the coach's name?

Comment

DO you BELIEVE the EPIC REDNECK$hop flashed SMOKING CAMELot$WINGrumps SIGNape?!

DO you BELIEVE WILD GOATS are smoking with RAM HORNSlip into PASTURE COWink?!

DO you think or BELIEVE the BIG BULL$parking WILDash BISONear BUFFALO$wing ASHE?!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X