Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or players just skip the events they don't want to attend.
    Unless you're not going to play in college - in which case why are playing in an overpriced travel league? - you go to showcases at this age. This is when you get on coach's radars, especially the U16s (mostly sophomores). The good news for the players who did go is more PT for them.

Comment

Why stay if you're not getting anything out of it. or the situation is intolerable? This isn't quibbling over a bit of PT.
      The only thing intolerable is you. Next stop Canada 🇨🇦

Comment

Why stay if you're not getting anything out of it. or the situation is intolerable? This isn't quibbling over a bit of PT.
        But why impose your toxicity on another team now? Face it, no one wants you.

Comment

No we all know, the little princess DEMANDS the full 90 minutes...this is about her not getting her arse kissed to the level you deem sufficient!
          4 different clubs in 5 years? YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Comment

Or others just leave the team altogether when they feel like it.
            Look, if you’re not going to play, why would you stay?

Comment

But why impose your toxicity on another team now? Face it, no one wants you.
              I was speaking in generalities, not about any specific player. If your kid isn't getting enough PT that's one thing. Tell them to work harder and self advocate with the coach. Stick it out and think about making a change for the next year. But if a team or club situation is just down right bad, why stay? Even more so if it's killing your player's love of the game? LISC and GDA on LI in general is just bad. Problem is families don't have many other options, especially mid season

Comment

Look, if you’re not going to play, why would you stay?
                Maybe move to FL? Bring the drama elsewhere.

Comment

No we all know, the little princess DEMANDS the full 90 minutes...this is about her not getting her arse kissed to the level you deem sufficient!
                  4 different clubs in 5 years? YOU ARE THE PROBLEM
                  Not the dad. Totally agree that many clubs in that short a time period is a huge red flag, and it's not just because there's been a lot of soccer landscape changes. In the long run it does the player more harm than good. They get burned out on all the changes and they don't learn to fight for themselves. Just run away to the next best thing...until it isn't

Comment

I was speaking in generalities, not about any specific player. If your kid isn't getting enough PT that's one thing. Tell them to work harder and self advocate with the coach. Stick it out and think about making a change for the next year. But if a team or club situation is just down right bad, why stay? Even more so if it's killing your player's love of the game? LISC and GDA on LI in general is just bad. Problem is families don't have many other options, especially mid season
                    You are not familiar with the situation. This one brings a lot of baggage...

Comment

You are not familiar with the situation. This one brings a lot of baggage...
                      op here - don't know this one but I've seen it before. It doesn't take much - one troublesome player or one family (or the whole package) - to change team dynamics.

Comment

op here - don't know this one but I've seen it before. It doesn't take much - one troublesome player or one family (or the whole package) - to change team dynamics.
                        The mother is a huge part of the problem. Try talking to her for five minutes.
                        The kid is awesome and not the problem. Give her the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

The mother is a huge part of the problem. Try talking to her for five minutes.
                          The kid is awesome and not the problem. Give her the benefit of the doubt.
                          Fool me once, shame on thee; fool me twice, shame on me. Problem in this case is it's already been done to the new team. No one wants the whole situation back, regardless of anything else.

Comment

Fool me once, shame on thee; fool me twice, shame on me. Problem in this case is it's already been done to the new team. No one wants the whole situation back, regardless of anything else.
                            Yup! The kid is just as much the problem as mommy & daddy dearest!!! You'd be a fool to think otherwise

Comment

None of it is possible without the blessing of the coach and club. They say one thing and do another

Comment

Nothing really changes much with these clubs. Whatever was the problem before will just repeat. Any family can't learn to manage their expectations is doomed to go round and round and round and round.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X