Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And in many cases it is not. Some of the most costly youth soccer options out there are located right here on LI and play in the GDA.
    That's true with Fury and Albertson Fury. $4300 + stipends = $5000 + travel

LISC.....$3000 + travel. No stipends. Comparable with ECNL

That's the three LI GDA teams.

Comment

Buy and use the technology then but this is a luxury product and I dont want to fiance it for public schools. As a taxpayer, that is so far down the list of educational priorities to pay for that i would strongly object. And school sports are one of the few youth sporting opportunities left that are available in theory to all the kids in the district, not just the well-off ones and we should fight to keep it that way.
      im not suggesting you do. I saying that you have no real idea how an aggressive practice to game ratio impacts a players health until its too late

Comment

im not suggesting you do. I saying that you have no real idea how an aggressive practice to game ratio impacts a players health until its too late
        HS sports offer health benefits. I have multiple kids and I wish they were all as healthy as my HS athlete. A plus from the MD. No offense but I will take that medical opinion over an anonymous soccer forum poster..

Comment

I'm glad you feel "a year in GDA [did] not seem to have hurt [players]", lol. Is that where the bar is set for GDA these days? Lmao

To be specific, I was talking about Long Island (because this is the LISC thread), where the GDA options are dismal and weaker than most HS teams. In the NE, NEFC and NYCFC are doing a pretty good job, but those clubs aren't an option for my kid.
          i phrased it that way to head off the inevitable " but they were only in GDA one year BS" . Unless i am mistaken, you play teams off the Island. None of these kids allowed the badge to stop them getting into College and making an impact. People like you seem to want the league to fix your issues.

Its up to your kid and you too do that. No one else. Stop making excuses and make it happen. If i added one great player to a LI GDA team it would make a difference. may attract one more and so on and so forth. Instead its usually the mid level players "complaining" about why the GDA (or ECNL) is bad becaue they cannot make a difference.

Comment

HS sports offer health benefits. I have multiple kids and I wish they were all as healthy as my HS athlete. A plus from the MD. No offense but I will take that medical opinion over an anonymous soccer forum poster..

so you go to your MD after every practice ? Im not giving you any medical advice, Im pointing out that you have no idea what the impact is. until your kid complains about being hurt.

What part dont you understand ??

Comment

so you go to your MD after every practice ? Im not giving you any medical advice, Im pointing out that you have no idea what the impact is. until your kid complains about being hurt.

I've been impressed by the training staff so far (another state posting again). Licensed Trainer (and part of a local hospital/rehab facility) is around the facilities every practice. Injuries are treated right in there; no cost and immediate attention. Player gets hurt in a home game? Trainer meets with them and they are in there next practice to check progress.

Away game? Player sent to trainer before practice even starts. They don't get released to play until trainer signs off on it

Comment

I am pointing at that i do have an idea what the impact is like any other parent paying attention. The sports activity is contributing to my athlete's health based on multiple data points, personal education and experience, and medical consultations over the years. This is contrasted with the data points and medical advice receive about my non HS athlete children. Plus common sense parenting coupled with information readily available about sports and injury prevention.

Anyway, this argument is going no where. IMO, HS sports have been beneficial to me, my athlete and lots of other kids and will continue to be even in the absence of digital monitoring. Let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

That statement is completely false. On Long Island I will guaranteed LISC, and Fury are better than any HS team out there. The GDA has some problems, but lets not go off the deep end. Like someone else said, you have to determine what is most important for you and your daughter...
                  LISC is the club that is getting better. Fury not so much. Let’s see how many more players they lose. Cost less, better training and a female trainer.

Comment

That's true with Fury and Albertson Fury. $4300 + stipends = $5000 + travel

LISC.....$3000 + travel. No stipends. Comparable with ECNL

That's the three LI GDA teams.
                    $4300. What a joke.

Comment

There is no need to try to tie the current conversation back into club bashing. Whether you like LISC or Fury....lets cut the negativity at the pass. Complaining about either club doesn't benefit anyone. It only leads back to the childish trolling and name calling.

Let's accept at this point families have made their choices. There's still so much soccer left to be had.

Good luck to all.

Comment

$4300. What a joke.
                        OK, let's play a game...would you guys assume 8 months of DA training with an average of 4 practices a week? (yes it's a 10 month program, but let's be realistic). That's 128 training session, divided into $4,300 is $34 a session. That's not bad considering there's facility costs involved.
                        Of course, remember this is a business. So the guy charging $4,300 is going to be more profitable than the guy charging $3,000. In fact, with so few teams, I'm not sure how or if LISC is making any money.
                        And stipends are always on top, I mean if I'm traveling on business your damn straight my company is paying for my gas and hotel.

Comment

OK, let's play a game...would you guys assume 8 months of DA training with an average of 4 practices a week? (yes it's a 10 month program, but let's be realistic). That's 128 training session, divided into $4,300 is $34 a session. That's not bad considering there's facility costs involved.
                          Of course, remember this is a business. So the guy charging $4,300 is going to be more profitable than the guy charging $3,000. In fact, with so few teams, I'm not sure how or if LISC is making any money.
                          And stipends are always on top, I mean if I'm traveling on business your damn straight my company is paying for my gas and hotel.
                          Understanding the costs does not require game playing. For families that can provided 128 training session a year for their players at $34 a pop plus all the additional expenses, that is great. Very fortunate kids. That is a large budget for a youth activity but if you have it, enjoy.

Comment

Yes, he is more profitable charging more, but only if he can keep a full roster. But really, I don't give a damn if he is more profitable. I care that the training is good, they are in a good environment, and they care about the girls. The opinion of a lot of people is that it's not worth the money.

As far as the stipends go, the trainers probably do get stipends for travel and hotel, the difference is with LISC the parents don't have to pay it.

Comment

That statement is completely false. On Long Island I will guaranteed LISC, and Fury are better than any HS team out there. The GDA has some problems, but lets not go off the deep end. Like someone else said, you have to determine what is most important for you and your daughter...
                              You're delusional...many kids currently playing GDA on LI, particularly at LISC, wouldn't make their Varsity team at the younger ages and the older ones wouldn't be starting. Remember a lot of these kids were playing in other leagues 15 minutes ago...our memories aren't that short.

Comment

There is no need to try to tie the current conversation back into club bashing. Whether you like LISC or Fury....lets cut the negativity at the pass. Complaining about either club doesn't benefit anyone. It only leads back to the childish trolling and name calling.

Let's accept at this point families have made their choices. There's still so much soccer left to be had.

Good luck to all.
                                There is no need to bash blindly, but discussions about the level of coaching, club organization, cost structure, etc. are all useful. Most people who have been involved with Alby/Fury have not been happy with the coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X