Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nycfc

Nycfc fielding academy teams at every age bracket this coming fall. Where are many/some/any of the players coming From? From which clubs?

Nycfc

Nycfc fielding academy teams at every age bracket this coming fall. Where are many/some/any of the players coming From? From which clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Will they still be at St. John's? Plus, they are now doing this with the GDA probably forced their hand a bit to go full BDA. They have also had success with their boys teams recently which helps draw.

Comment

Will they still be at St. John's? Plus, they are now doing this with the GDA probably forced their hand a bit to go full BDA. They have also had success with their boys teams recently which helps draw.
        It's a fully funded MLS club. That's the draw. They had this plan all along and USSF is more than happy to give them full status.

Comment

It's a fully funded MLS club. That's the draw. They had this plan all along and USSF is more than happy to give them full status.
          I heard that the NYCFC Youth Affiliate League is suffering some team defections. I guess the affiliate clubs (some of which are also in DA) are tired of getting their top players picked off at U12 and up.

Comment

I heard that the NYCFC Youth Affiliate League is suffering some team defections. I guess the affiliate clubs (some of which are also in DA) are tired of getting their top players picked off at U12 and up.
            That's going to happen whether or not they are affiliates. The problem with the Affiliate League was a complete lack of organization. Frequent missing refs, missing teams, rescheduling, etc.

Comment

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2017/04/15...-cup-champions

Comment

That's going to happen whether or not they are affiliates. The problem with the Affiliate League was a complete lack of organization. Frequent missing refs, missing teams, rescheduling, etc.
                Is the Affiliate League dead for next year? Have any clubs announced that they are dropping out?

Comment

Why would any club play or affiliate with these pro clubs? What do they get in return?

They always are promised a trickle down effect of new registrations but it never materializes.

Total waste of time and resources. Plenty of good competitive leagues for teams to participate in from EDP to NYCSL that those clubs should focus on.

Comment

Why would any club play or affiliate with these pro clubs? What do they get in return?

They always are promised a trickle down effect of new registrations but it never materializes.

Total waste of time and resources. Plenty of good competitive leagues for teams to participate in from EDP to NYCSL that those clubs should focus on.
                    They get the illusion that the club is a direct path to a professional one. That brings in lots of foolish parents to the clubs, plus camps etc. They also got a league with better competition than most would find elsewhere. But it was poorly run. Not sure where some of the younger teams will play next year

As another said non MLS clubs will lose their best players to the MLS teams no matter what they do. to me I think it's better to join them than to try and fight the tide. Some of these non MLS clubs are going to take a hit to boys ECNL, so I think they need whatever they can to make them stronger, not weaker.

Comment

The affiliate league has ran much better this season with clubs and the new administration. I don't think it's going to go anywhere anytime soon...as a referee I would rather officiate matches for this league rather than any other league and I've heard coaches comment that they would rather play here than in edp etc.

Comment

Nycfc boys tryouts

Has anyone heard anything about the NYCFC open tryouts. I know several strong kids that registered but no-one has heard back and BOTN is reporting they cancelled open tryouts?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about the NYCFC open tryouts. I know several strong kids that registered but no-one has heard back and BOTN is reporting they cancelled open tryouts?
                          Where are you seeing anything about cancellations?

Comment

Where are you seeing anything about cancellations?
                            I got the email a few weeks ago for them but my kid isn't that level. I would imagine they did them since they blasted it to their email list.

Comment

That poster is always saying this tryout or that is cancelled. I guess to try to reduce the competition for their player or something.

Don't look to get reliable information from BOTN posts. You need to verify the info that appears on any anonymous forums. (including this one!)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X