Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Connecticut person here. Club just moved our team from EDP 1st division to NYCSL metro. Whole club is Metro now. I'm trying to make sense of this. What will the competition be? Is the metro some kind of springboard to the NPL or just...what?
    CT poster also - what club? There was talk of us moving as well in the spring but nothing ever came of it. We're completely happy with our EDP league and wouldn't want to change unless the competition suddenly dropped in quality. But I don't think that will happen in the top 2 brackets. Then again, things change so fast it's gotten tough to predict anything our further than 2 months

BTW nice job NY posters keeping this board civilized. CT isn't always, not even close

Comment

Original CT poster. Club is Sporting. Happy with the club, but not sure about this move. Just don't see the benefit until unless some vague promise of NPL is lingering.

And also I agree with the comment about CT postings- often just devolves into insults.

Comment

Original CT poster. Club is Sporting. Happy with the club, but not sure about this move. Just don't see the benefit until unless some vague promise of NPL is lingering.

And also I agree with the comment about CT postings- often just devolves into insults.

3 metro clubs from last year are NPL this year, so the pathway is there.

Comment

Which is why Leo Garcia of US Club took over all decisions on new clubs from the local leagues.

Honestly the bar isn't much higher than decent teams in all age groups.

Comment

Did those three clubs even play in Metro league

Comment

The odd part of those announcements is that they were made before the spring season even started. Atletico didn't play in the fall so they hadn't played a single metro game yet they got promoted. Seems to me being "metro" had little to do with it.

Comment

ugh - other CT poster here. I don't envy you now doing exclusively Long Island from your location. At least EDP has some other locations. I'm in mid Fairfield county and doing LI is bad enough from here. Good luck!

Comment

ugh - other CT poster here. I don't envy you now doing exclusively Long Island from your location. At least EDP has some other locations. I'm in mid Fairfield county and doing LI is bad enough from here. Good luck!
                  They aren't doing exclusively LI. They are doing Metro which is Teri state including some CT teams.

Comment

They aren't doing exclusively LI. They are doing Metro which is Teri state including some CT teams.
                    Sorry I thought you were doing LI. yeah metro is fine - still a hike though. I heard last night that we are staying put in EDP. Phew.

Comment

Kind of stinks that NPL level sounds like it is tied to clubs rather than individual teams. I think this is a shortcoming of EDP as well. You have to earn your spot and continue to play well to make 1st division of EDP but you just have to be a big club to get NPL. I know many of the NPL clubs provide quality teams season after season, but the teams that work their way up into 1st division EDP and stay there have proven they are pretty good as well and deserve a chance to move on to post season. Perhaps a playoff between top two teams from NPL and all 1st divisions to go to NPL playoffs each year.

Comment

Kind of stinks that NPL level sounds like it is tied to clubs rather than individual teams. I think this is a shortcoming of EDP as well. You have to earn your spot and continue to play well to make 1st division of EDP but you just have to be a big club to get NPL. I know many of the NPL clubs provide quality teams season after season, but the teams that work their way up into 1st division EDP and stay there have proven they are pretty good as well and deserve a chance to move on to post season. Perhaps a playoff between top two teams from NPL and all 1st divisions to go to NPL playoffs each year.
                        NPL has almost always been club level with very rare exceptions. You are expected to field a full bevy of teams. The theory is that a well managed, established club that cares about development will be consistent in training and have similar quality across all their teams. New or smaller clubs may have a few good teams, but poor teams in other age groups or none at all. EDP is the best place for them to build their reputation and program, or to stick the rare outlier quality team at a club that overall is only mediocre. Do well there then you can leverage that to attract more players at the empty age groups and build your club.

Comment

EDP LI will attempt to have 1, 2, Premier and Champion divisions but it depends on how many teams enter. There may be some uneven divisions the first season.

Comment

EDP LI will attempt to have 1, 2, Premier and Champion divisions but it depends on how many teams enter. There may be some uneven divisions the first season.
                            No parent will tolerate having a player in a lower division any more. We just have lots of leagues now instead of lots of divisions. Everyone is in a top division - Problem solved!

Comment

No parent will tolerate having a player in a lower division any more. We just have lots of leagues now instead of lots of divisions. Everyone is in a top division - Problem solved!
                              With so many leagues that's easy to do - only enough teams for one division. We play in the #1 Division! Yeah!!!!

Comment

With so many leagues that's easy to do - only enough teams for one division. We play in the #1 Division! Yeah!!!!
                                But it stinks to travel and have very unevenly matched teams. Not good for either team. Why does US soccer sanction all these leagues? It is not working well out here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X