Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juventus Academy Boston coach

A Juventus Academy Boston coach reached out to my teenage daughter via direct message on Instagram, trying to recruit her.

I don't find this to be appropriate.

I don't know if this is how this club recruits players or if it's just this one coach, but any parent who has a teenager playing for this club should check the club's procedures.

Your kid must not be a BALR because every coach in the state comments on my kid’s insta account. She’s 12.

Comment

Commenting on an insta posts seems different than a direct message, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Commenting on an insta posts seems different than a direct message, eh?
        To them, yes.
        You, not so much...

Welcome to the Machine

Comment

A Juventus Academy Boston coach reached out to my teenage daughter via direct message on Instagram, trying to recruit her.

I don't find this to be appropriate.

I don't know if this is how this club recruits players or if it's just this one coach, but any parent who has a teenager playing for this club should check the club's procedures.
          Come on AP no need to call out others for using your technique. Only difference is you message the married moms

Comment

I just found out today... my daughter showed it to me. What's worse is that after she told him that she already plays for another club, he insisted that she come to tryout. But that's not what worries me. I just can't believe that a coach uses Instagram to Direct Message a 13 year old girl who he has no personal connection with and who he has never met in any way. Unbelievable.

Comment

That’s creepy and intrusive. Coach should be fired for that.

As a parent I would be sending in a complaint to the club straight away

No coach should be commenting on any kids insta profiles.
              What in gods names is he smoking?

Comment

When do you sign for them?

Comment

That’s creepy and intrusive. Coach should be fired for that.

As a parent I would be sending in a complaint to the club straight away

No coach should be commenting on any kids insta profiles.
                  What in gods names is he smoking?
                  OK Karen. How about you don’t have your kid posting on social media or make the account provate if you don’t want people seeing or communicating.

Not for nothing Karen, but you do know that college coaches will be emailing and texting/calling after their sophomore year and that parents take a back seat. Not much different...

Comment

D Licensed coach here, finished my license in Lancaster a year ago.
                    This sort of thing was brought up during the course... absolutely 100% out of line. A coach should never direct message a 13 year old in any platform.

Comment

This kind of tactic has been going on for years. Plenty of creepy club coaches around. As a previous poster stated, if you were so concerned why don’t you either email the club, message the coach directly or restrict your daughters profile.

Seems like someone is looking for a reason to bash a club.

Comment

You should be embarrassed a club like Juventus thought your kid was a realistic signing. If she’s not getting recruited by the ECNL clubs she should take up lacrosse.

Comment

What kind of idiot messages a teenage girl over social media.

Comment

OK Karen. How about you don’t have your kid posting on social media or make the account provate if you don’t want people seeing or communicating.

Not for nothing Karen, but you do know that college coaches will be emailing and texting/calling after their sophomore year and that parents take a back seat. Not much different...
                            Ok, it's different by several years and if you can't see this is a problem you are definitely in the tiny minority on this one. At our club the rules prevent the coaches from directly messaging THEIR OWN players at this age. Frankly, it's in the best interest of the club and the coach not to be doing this.

Now - all that being said - it's entirely possible that the original post here was more about pointing out that the OP's twelve year old was being "recruited" by another club than anything else. Personally, I would have gone with a NT team coach calling my 12 year old directly for more impact.

Comment

Slander!!!! This didn’t happen. Every coach takes Safe Sport. Let’s bash Juve cuz they’re crushing it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X