Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Sports D-Day

Today The MIAA votes on Fall sports. They already voted to push back the start to September 14th, but today's vote will solidify whether sports, or which sports happen at all. Mindful that The State has final say and jurisdiction.

If you did not write or call anyone on the 18 Member Board, or your state legislator, and Charlie Baker, well, don't be surprised by the outcome.

May still be time to tag on FB/Twitter, but my guess their minds are already made up.

Good luck to all who want our kids participating in something that's HEALTHY, but may suffer at the hand of adults who live their lives in fear. If you're an at-risk person (comorbids), might want to look at yourself in the mirror for getting that way short of genetic defect. Getting C19 is not the end, and with a .003% of an adverse outcome if you're under 70 with no comorbid, and scared, then you're the problem.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Today The MIAA votes on Fall sports. They already voted to push back the start to September 14th, but today's vote will solidify whether sports, or which sports happen at all. Mindful that The State has final say and jurisdiction.

If you did not write or call anyone on the 18 Member Board, or your state legislator, and Charlie Baker, well, don't be surprised by the outcome.

May still be time to tag on FB/Twitter, but my guess their minds are already made up.

Good luck to all who want our kids participating in something that's HEALTHY, but may suffer at the hand of adults who live their lives in fear. If you're an at-risk person (comorbids), might want to look at yourself in the mirror for getting that way short of genetic defect. Getting C19 is not the end, and with a .003% of an adverse outcome if you're under 70 with no comorbid, and scared, then you're the problem.
    May be the best post I have seen on this site.

Comment

Respond to your own posts much?

Comment

There are 6.9MM people in Massachusetts.

78% of the 6.9MM are adults = 5.3MM+ people.

23% of the 5.3MM adults are obese(BMI = 30+) = 1.2MM+ people

There are several other dangerous comorbidities that would tack millions onto the list of people in danger.

Explain it away.

Comment

There are 6.9MM people in Massachusetts.

78% of the 6.9MM are adults = 5.3MM+ people.

23% of the 5.3MM adults are obese(BMI = 30+) = 1.2MM+ people

There are several other dangerous comorbidities that would tack millions onto the list of people in danger.

Explain it away.
          There is a simple solution to your problem: lock yourself in your house until your money runs out.

Comment

cosign

Comment

There is a simple solution to your problem: lock yourself in your house until your money runs out.
              Or until you run out of food and are no longer obese.

Comment

You are wrong. They vote today was for starting sports on September 14th. That vote was approved.

Now it is in the hands of the state, DESE/EEA. They will decided if fall sports happen. It is likely that some sports happen. Football is most likely to be canceled.

Comment

Ball’s

Texas Fall athletics schedule releases. Schools 4A and smaller, no change & can start fball games 8/27. 5A/6A must wait 4 wks to 9/24.

Comment

The State has the final say and jurisdiction. That is the whole ball game right there (no pun intended). It's up to them, not the MIAA. Hopefully MA continues to do well and they allow it to move ahead.

BTW you soundlike a wonderful person. Look at yourself in the mirror? What a d*nk.

Comment

Millions of people? Okay, good luck with teachers, bus drivers, supermarket workers, etc. You seem like the kind of guy that can survive without people catering to you. Or not.

Comment

The State has the final say and jurisdiction. That is the whole ball game right there (no pun intended). It's up to them, not the MIAA. Hopefully MA continues to do well and they allow it to move ahead.

BTW you soundlike a wonderful person. Look at yourself in the mirror? What a d*nk.
                        Or, some of us have the self-discipline to not feast on garbage, take care of myself, and not turn into a fat slob. If you are a fat slob, you're not a victim.

Comment

Ball’s

Texas Fall athletics schedule releases. Schools 4A and smaller, no change & can start fball games 8/27. 5A/6A must wait 4 wks to 9/24.
                          MA isn't TX - in a million ways lol, but especially in leadership + we're not football obsessed. NY is waiting 3 weeks, NJ (for now) says it will be on time.

Comment

Or, some of us have the self-discipline to not feast on garbage, take care of myself, and not turn into a fat slob. If you are a fat slob, you're not a victim.
                            So anyone who is overweight and gets Covid and gets very ill or dies deserves it? Once again sir, you are a d*ck. I hope you don't have any kids.

I'm thin and in very good shape, but I'm not such an a-hole that I'd say these people aren't victims.

Comment

So anyone who is overweight and gets Covid and gets very ill or dies deserves it? Once again sir, you are a d*ck. I hope you don't have any kids.

I'm thin and in very good shape, but I'm not such an a-hole that I'd say these people aren't victims.
                              Anyone can get the glorified commie, er, common cold.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X