Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good god. Kids playing outside is as close to zero risk as any activity we have in these times. Lighten up.

Plenty of clubs are scrimmaging.
    This is why we can’t have nice things if coaches, clubs and facilities have a culture of non-compliance. Calling people Karens because they are rule followers is childish. There are very clear rules in MA that there are no scrimmages allowed. You all are the first ones to complain that Baker isn’t allowing soccer games and then your actions confirm that you can’t follow the rules. This will be why there will be no soccer games in the Fall 20 in MA.

Comment

This is why we can’t have nice things if coaches, clubs and facilities have a culture of non-compliance. Calling people Karens because they are rule followers is childish. There are very clear rules in MA that there are no scrimmages allowed. You all are the first ones to complain that Baker isn’t allowing soccer games and then your actions confirm that you can’t follow the rules. This will be why there will be no soccer games in the Fall 20 in MA.
      Please detail which of Bakers over the top guidelines were violated at the town practice. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Comment

Playing 2 v 2

Coaches not wearing masks

No COVID 19 signs

That’s a start.

Comment

What makes you think I’m a Karen? I’m a dad and I’m reporting this town. The stupidity in the responses show me many people in Mass are just irresponsible and don’t care. I wanted my kid to play soccer for the town but this is sheer stupidity so we will pass they will lose a good player and we will stick with our club since clubs seem to be professional about Covid. This is why our state is failing. Our neighboring states have a better handle on everything.

Comment

Playing 2 v 2

Coaches not wearing masks

No COVID 19 signs

That’s a start.
            I don’t think any of those are required.

Comment

What makes you think I’m a Karen? I’m a dad and I’m reporting this town. The stupidity in the responses show me many people in Mass are just irresponsible and don’t care. I wanted my kid to play soccer for the town but this is sheer stupidity so we will pass they will lose a good player and we will stick with our club since clubs seem to be professional about Covid. This is why our state is failing. Our neighboring states have a better handle on everything.
              NH, CT, RI all allow scrimmages at this point. NJ is actually hosting games/tournaments.

Comment

Town team subject to Mass Youth Soccer. Non compliance means no insurance coverage.

https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/assets..._-_july_10.pdf

Comment

For clubs in MA you are limited to the following

Level 1: Individual or socially distanced group activities (no-contact workouts, aerobic conditioning, individual skill work, and drills)

Comment

I don’t think any of those are required.
                    The fact that this idiot is demanding covid signage takes the cake.

Comment

Kids can play 2v2 if no contact.

Coaches don't have to wear masks if socially distanced.

Can have more than 25 kids on an athletic field as long as they are divided in groups and the groups are distanced from each other.

No Covid signs or temp checks are required.

Your town is doing nothing wrong so far as I can see.

Comment

So I went to my kid's first town soccer practice since the shut down here in MA. I want to shout out the name of the town so badly because I am pissed, but I won't. So, no parents in masks, no coaches in masks, no temp checks, not even one sign about COVID symptoms, screening form nothing. About 40 kids practicing as a few teams were combined. Although they didn't scrimmage they played 2 v2 etc. I won't be going back. Other towns are following rules and my kids club is doing a stellar job on the COVIS screening and telling parents to spread out... it sucks when a town throws caution to the wind. I'm so done.
                        Heres a novel idea..... if you are mad..... just dont send your kid. Problem solved. Just dont be a dink and report the town as you probably have already.

Comment

....because the crazy people want to make the decisions for all of us..... and shame us if we don't.

Comment

Kids can play 2v2 if no contact.

Coaches don't have to wear masks if socially distanced.

Can have more than 25 kids on an athletic field as long as they are divided in groups and the groups are distanced from each other.

No Covid signs or temp checks are required.

Your town is doing nothing wrong so far as I can see.
                            2 vs 2 with no contact act lol... are they playing FIFA ?

If the town is not following the MYS guidelines they have made it clear that MYS insurance isnt covering any injuries. I wonder if the board knows they have self insured these practices.

Comment

If the town is not following the MYS guidelines they have made it clear that MYS insurance isnt covering any injuries. I wonder if the board knows they have self insured these practices.
                              Sorry your kid doesn’t know how to pass the ball.

Comment

I don’t understand how 2 vs. 2 MUST have contact according to you.
                                Do they play football and run into each other? Sounds like great soccer skills!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X