X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Exactly. Its good and necessary
    I have no room for.people who focus on why things can't happen.
    Yes, it is good and necessary, and there are lots of people who are committing to find a way to make it happen. I wish them well.

I have no room for people who just hope for the best and criticize those with the critical thinking skills to understand why the odds are against the dream coming true and happen to share those thoughts on TS. Criticism should be directed at those who create unnecessary hurdles or unrealistic and inconsistent policies that may shut down sports prematurely. Save your anger and frustration for them - not the person happens to be good at reading the tea leaves.

Comment

Oh we all want that but don’t the fails at UNC and Notre Dame speaking to you at all?

Notre Dame has a minuscule 0.2% positive when they tested everyone back at school. One week later and it was approaching 10% and heading to 200 cases last I heard. One week later at both schools in person **** down. If you don’t see how this will be more disruptive, I can’t help you.

What we do slowly try shouldn’t be complicated by extra curricular and this is from a soccer parent with a 4 yr college player. The “team” thing adds such another layer .....

Let’s work to get the classrooms open and once that is stable we can add extra curriculars slowly and in a way we can assess what we are doing

Obvious really if you think with the head on your shoulders
      Dumbest post here, and obviously from the mindset that thinks Academics matters. Have you been asleep all spring? Parents and students don't really care about professors and the drivel you spew. You are a hurdle bundled within the campus experience that adds legitimacy to college. Take away the campus experience, and reduce it down to academics only and the world demands refunds.

Soccer is played OUTSIDE by HS kids. Use that head on your shoulders to multiply the ridiculously low case rate among 0-19 year olds by the ridiculously low probability of outdoor transmission. Totally reasonable to continue playing outdoor sports while eliminating indoor in person classes in poorly ventilated classrooms.

Comment

There will be no high school season .Covid is out there.

Comment

Wrong

There will be no high school season .Covid is out there.
          Just heard the opposite

Comment

Ridiculous. Australia didn't even have a flu season this winter due to people wearing masks and social distancing. The US usually uses data from the winter in the southern hemisphere to determine which influenza viruses may be most active each year. Now that they don't have that data, it will be a real shot in the dark may be even less effective than it has in past years with the lowest effectivity rates.
            In case you haven't noticed a lot of folks aren't so good about the mask thing in this country. I get the vax every year regardless. My spouse is at risk so the whole family won't risk her getting sick. It's not always spot on. I haven't had the flu in ten (?) years; sometimes the kids get it but they're barely even sick. Even when it's not a great match it can help lessen symptoms.

They decided on the strain months ago. The vaccine is already available at CVS

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...inked-covid-19

Comment

Sounds like that QB at Georgia state should have stayed home. At least that will never happen To MA soccer kids.

Since parents on this board say it won’t. It won’t.

Comment

Sounds like Cobid may have saved his life. Diagnosis resulted from Covid testing

Comment

Sounds like Cobid may have saved his life. Diagnosis resulted from Covid testing
                    He got the condition FROM covid. Says so right in the first paragraph. A few other athletes have also, as have lots of non athlete Covid patients.

Comment

And they know this how ,was his heart tested by a cardiologist every year beforehand.

Comment

And they know this how ,was his heart tested by a cardiologist every year beforehand.
                        Never previously tested but just take our word for it, it was Covid.

Comment

Yes he had been as many elite high profile athletes are. There have been other athletes dx'd with the same complication as well as other covid patients. Its still very rare. What isn't rare is a fairly large percentage of patients having lingering symptoms for months, with no rhyme or reason why some struggle and others recover no problem.

Comment

What a bunch of bs,unless they had prior reason to be under a cardiologist care .Big pharma and hospitals making lots of money off this let’s keep it going.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X