Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You get that HS would be canceled? Why? It’s the easiest to manage. Roster 18. Keep subs in bleachers. No Fans. Mask while outta game. What’s so hard about that? I love these f’n clowns who come on here trying to troll everyone by saying it all happy that Season is cancelled. Keep an eye on your wife before I bang her while you watch.
    It’s canceled. My kid’s coach already told them.

Comment

Really? What school has the inside info?

Comment

Pay no mind to the doom and gloomers.

Comment

You get that HS would be canceled? Why? It’s the easiest to manage. Roster 18. Keep subs in bleachers. No Fans. Mask while outta game. What’s so hard about that? I love these f’n clowns who come on here trying to troll everyone by saying it all happy that Season is cancelled. Keep an eye on your wife before I bang her while you watch.
          You are a jerk but I'll respond anyway. I was making a point about club because someone else said club will be cancelled now that HS is about to be cancelled. I don't think high school should be cancelled but I get why it would be and the reasons have nothing to do with whether we could actually run a safe high school program - it's because HS is public with politics, unions and assorted BS. Clubs on the other hand are private and want to be in business and it looks at the moment like the state laws might actually permit them to play by the time September roles around, at least locally.

Comment

Nothing has been cancelled yet. District and state administrators are still grappling with how to return to school. If numbers stay in our favor there's a good chance sports happen. If cases are growing in August? Sports probably will not happen

Comment

You are a jerk but I'll respond anyway. I was making a point about club because someone else said club will be cancelled now that HS is about to be cancelled. I don't think high school should be cancelled but I get why it would be and the reasons have nothing to do with whether we could actually run a safe high school program - it's because HS is public with politics, unions and assorted BS. Clubs on the other hand are private and want to be in business and it looks at the moment like the state laws might actually permit them to play by the time September roles around, at least locally.
              State and/or local permission is the key, but even that has some degree of politics involved. Just look at the controversy over soccer being classified in MA as higher risk than other states. If school sports are cancelled and some - but not all - youth activities are allowed where is the line drawn? There will be lawsuits galore.

Comment

Oh I’m the Jerk? I’m not the sickles POS coming out on this Forum throwing out baseless BS. You sound so happy saying “soccer is cancelled” causing everyone to panic. You should panic if your wife is out watering the Lawn and I walk by shirtless after CrossFit Workout.

Comment

Nothing has been cancelled yet. District and state administrators are still grappling with how to return to school. If numbers stay in our favor there's a good chance sports happen. If cases are growing in August? Sports probably will not happen
                  ^^^I believe this is the most accurate statement. No need for the back and forth. I have heard a rumor that fall sports are going to be cancelled but it is three times removed from someone that might actually know...so it's baseless.

Let's wait and see if there is a surge of cases around the 18th (two weeks after the fourth of July). If not then hopefully MA can progress to a phase that allows for 'high risk' sports to play.

The bigger issue is that MA considers soccer high risk. The poster was spot on that said you put bench players in the bleachers, wear mask on sidelines, no handshakes after, limit one spectator per player (or zero spectators if you can broadcast it over the internet). The biggest issue is what the major league sports are experiencing...what happens when a player or two gets it...do you take that player out of the lineup, shut down the next two weeks of games for that team, etc?

Comment

Oh I’m the Jerk? I’m not the sickles POS coming out on this Forum throwing out baseless BS. You sound so happy saying “soccer is cancelled” causing everyone to panic. You should panic if your wife is out watering the Lawn and I walk by shirtless after CrossFit Workout.
                    Yes, it's abundantly clear you are a jerk. What's your problem? I never said soccer was cancelled and I don't like the negative crowd that's constantly chirping about the season being over. I for one would run both a HS and club season if it were my decision. My kid wants to play. My comment was simply that I can see how HS might be cancelled because of the kind of BS you mentioned but that shouldn't mean that club teams need to be victims of the same crap. Your attack is misdirected and your language is childish.

Comment

Why no fans? Its outside and the fields are over 100 yards long .... pretty sure people can social distance just fine.

Comment

Why no fans? Its outside and the fields are over 100 yards long .... pretty sure people can social distance just fine.
                        Who is policing the stands for people congregating or not wearing masks? It's easier to just let the kids play and keep the lunatic parents away.

Comment

Who is policing the stands for people congregating or not wearing masks? It's easier to just let the kids play and keep the lunatic parents away.
                          How can parents post FB updates on their li'l Johnny that way?

Comment

Any chance they flip flop seasons?
                            Flip flop as in move spring sports to fall and fall sports to spring? That makes no sense, then spring athletes would miss two seasons.

Comment

Nobody needs to "police" anybody and nobody needs to wear a mask outside. The fact that this awful disease is making people crazy is almost worse than the old people dying.

Comment

You should panic if your wife is out watering the Lawn and I walk by shirtless after CrossFit Workout.
                                CrossFit? That’s so 2019. The world found out CrossFit is a racist organization in 2020.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X