•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hingham Girls Soccer

Any idea?:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soc...ch/ar-BB15jmOG

He was mean to players, commented on weight. Years of good players quitting because of him.

Comment

Hingham parents/spoiled kids mad they don’t get playing time/captain and complain. Great standard to set

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hingham parents/spoiled kids mad they don’t get playing time/captain and complain. Great standard to set
        What you say here happens in every town & every program.

But what the 2nd commenter said about the yelling & hardo routine of this guy is spot on! My kids played & still do in the same league & I've seen him plenty. And might I say the fruit doesnt fall far underneath him either as far as JV & Freshmen.

I'm older & old school when it comes to coaching sports because of how I was coached in youth & hs sports in the 70's into early/mid 80's. But this guy's a tool & it's easy to see why girls would quit and/or hated playing for him.

Comment

How hard can it be to win in Hingham with the facilities and player pool that they have? Every kid on the team is a high level club player.

Comment

How hard can it be to win in Hingham with the facilities and player pool that they have? Every kid on the team is a high level club player.
            Facilities?? Hingham has crap facilities. One turf field in the entire town.

Turn that all play club. And this guy has been known to say if you don’t play club don’t bother trying out for HS.

Comment

Facilities?? Hingham has crap facilities. One turf field in the entire town.

Turn that all play club. And this guy has been known to say if you don’t play club don’t bother trying out for HS.
              So? My kid plays for a D3 school with a strong program and 90% of the players on varsity are club players. All the starters are club players. If it's a deep program, this would be normal.

Comment

He proved that anyone can win state titles with the players he had. They would have won without a coach, probably even more so

Comment

Let me rephrase.

How hard can it be to win in Hingham with the amount of financial support the Town of Hingham provides to its athletic programs and the player pool that they have? Every kid on the high school soccer team is a high level club player.

Virtually every sport in town is successful. Hockey, wrestling, soccer. You name it.

Comment

Let me rephrase.

How hard can it be to win in Hingham with the amount of financial support the Town of Hingham provides to its athletic programs and the player pool that they have? Every kid on the high school soccer team is a high level club player.

Virtually every sport in town is successful. Hockey, wrestling, soccer. You name it.
                    Could be true but also remember a good amount of players probably go to private schools. Their high school program was good now most of the players go to prep schools. Just because it’s a rich town doesn’t mean the players are good.
                    Ask Whitman Hanson how hard it is to win with talent.

Comment

Should be a lot of applicants for this job. Some top local club coaches should be interested in getting this territory. LL, PT, FI...

Comment

Should be a lot of applicants for this job. Some top local club coaches should be interested in getting this territory. LL, PT, FI...
                        PT?? As in FCUSA?

Comment

PT?? As in FCUSA?
                          Is that the PT that coaches at Marshfield?

Comment

Is that the PT that coaches at Marshfield?
                            Yes, so I’m not sure if the original comment was referring to him. I think he’s quite busy these days

Comment

Leave the guy alone...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X