Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    reading all of these many, many posts about a U-14 game by 8:40am is a little disturbing(especially ref dad) but it does seem that south shore select parents are just a little too happy with a tie.
    So to all select parents who are bragging about last night's tie, it was a friggen tie. South shore select did not win the game. I was always taught that the goal of competitive soccer is to win?!?!
    and there it is...the problem with much of TS...the goal of competitive soccer at this level for these girls is not to win...it's to get better...if you win in the process that's great...the focus on W/L on this site is misguided and always has been.

Comment

and there it is...the problem with much of TS...the goal of competitive soccer at this level for these girls is not to win...it's to get better...if you win in the process that's great...the focus on W/L on this site is misguided and always has been.
      Hopefully most people understand this

Comment

Hopefully most people understand this
        You certainly wouldn't come to that conclusion reading this thread. A huge chunk of this thread is devoted to "the list" and has been since the kids were embarrassingly young.

Comment

I think the point of that post was to highlight that SSS had already lost to Seacoast, Oakwood and Liverpool so a tie against NEFC felt like a win for them.
          I seriously doubt any 07 team lost to Oakwood. Please support this 'fact' for everyone if it is true

Comment

I seriously doubt any 07 team lost to Oakwood. Please support this 'fact' for everyone if it is true
            Oakwood has one tie on the GAL schedule and it was against Seacoast 2-2

Oakwood has not won a league game

Select beat Oakwood 2-1 and 5-1

https://system.gotsport.com/org_even...les?group=7225

Comment

College football poll time! NEFC has to drop and SSS has probably made it back to #5.

Stars Blue
              Scorpions
              NEFC
              Stars White
              Select

Comment

College football poll time! NEFC has to drop and SSS has probably made it back to #5.

Stars Blue
                Scorpions
                NEFC
                Stars White
                Select
                I'd like to call for the list to be abolished but I know you won't agree so can we at least suspend the list until post-spring when there is actually (hopefully) some real basis for comparison. At the moment if virtually any two of these teams played the most likely result is a tie.

Comment

What are you even talking about? If anyone feels the need to make a list there are more than enough points of comparison.

Comment

Hell no!

My FB page mentions my daughter as being on the TS #1 ranked team in the state!! I need that justification to remain

Comment

What are you even talking about? If anyone feels the need to make a list there are more than enough points of comparison.
                      Hardly. They all missed spring. Practices were crap for 1/2 the summer. Some teams have barely played in the fall - and many of them with pretend MA rules. Others are integrating new players. The ones that have played have had games canceled. NEFC and SSS haven't played any of the ECNL teams. The ECNL teams have barely played each other and every game was close. The whole NE ECNL has been unpredictable - not a surprise. Just give it a rest. Why are you so insistent on ranking 13 year old girls soccer teams in the first place?

Comment

I’m not ranking anyone. But you sound like someone who doesn’t like what the results are showing. On the ecnl side there have been plenty of games and tournaments. Stars v. Stars v. Scorpions have had all played each other. Blue v. White. Blue v. Scorpions. Scorpions v. White twice. Unlike that disaster of a GA league.

Comment

I’m not ranking anyone. But you sound like someone who doesn’t like what the results are showing. On the ecnl side there have been plenty of games and tournaments. Stars v. Stars v. Scorpions have had all played each other. Blue v. White. Blue v. Scorpions. Scorpions v. White twice. Unlike that disaster of a GA league.
                          Are u saying Seacoast and Oakwood 07 GA teams arent that good? If you are, you would be exactly right on! And to think SSS lost to both of these teams this fall. Good grief!

Comment

For a very average soccer club, SSS certainly gets alot of attention on ts. When you think of elite soccer clubs in Massachusetts SSS doesnt come to mind for me. I will say they definitely have a cult like following from their cocky parents though so maybe they rub people the wrong way because soccer wise SSS 07 shouldnt be getting this much attention for an average team.

Comment

Stars Blue
                              Scorpions
                              NEFC
                              Stars White
                              Select
                              This fall we had:

Blue 2 White 0
                              Scorpions 1 Blue 0
                              Scorpions 1 White 0
                              Scorpions 0 White 0
                              NEFC 2 SSS 2

Things look pretty tight, no?

Comment

For a very average soccer club, SSS certainly gets alot of attention on ts. When you think of elite soccer clubs in Massachusetts SSS doesnt come to mind for me. I will say they definitely have a cult like following from their cocky parents though so maybe they rub people the wrong way because soccer wise SSS 07 shouldnt be getting this much attention for an average team.

Agreed, yet there can't be a thread that doesn't have someone mention them in a negative light. Very odd.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X