Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The NE has the benefits of two experiences 1) their own awful 2+ months and not ever wanting that to be repeated 2) watching what has happened in red states who opened to early and quickly and not wanting to experience that. It seems government and health officials are on top of things, but obviously things can ch

ange so fast. Those inevitable off campus college parties are a source of concern. The impact of schools opening is a big unknown. Walking on pins and needles for awhile.
    I'm skeptical of high school soccer happening. I agree that it's safe but see way too many hurdles; by the time the schools get their act together w/regard to buses and stuff like that, it's going to be November.

I think the clubs will make it work.

Comment

It's all happening, and I mean all. The whispers from those who have the inside scoop are already planning a regular soccer season for youth and club and delayed soccer season for high school starting mid-Sept. Don't listen to the rest of the fools on this.
      Clubs are going to make a nice recovery from the spring. Wonder how many new players they pick up without high school and town programs offering leagues.

Comment

Towns are practicing, holding tryouts and planning for fall games.
        However high school soccer is not confirmed one way or another.
        Club soccer will be great for high school and middle school kids who likely will be without teams unless high school athletic director tors do their job and fight for sports as other states have done.

Comment

You do understand the virus will be much worse in the Fall, right?
          Opinions stated as fact are so 2020.

Comment

I'm skeptical of high school soccer happening. I agree that it's safe but see way too many hurdles; by the time the schools get their act together w/regard to buses and stuff like that, it's going to be November.

I think the clubs will make it work.
            Agreed. The desire might be there but the brains and the balls not so much. My money is on last minute finger pointing as DESE makes the final call that life is just too hard to plan for high school sports so maybe next year.

Comment

Opinions stated as fact are so 2020.
              Bookmark the page.

Comment

RI about to say no to fall soccer.

Comment

RI about to say no to fall soccer.
                  Source?

Comment

Source?
                    who knows, could be TS BS. Here's a list of state actions, but it's changing all the time it seems. CT board said there's a meeting this week about it.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/qiL5GO...d-pandemic.htm

Comment

My son is now in a summer soccer camp. They are doing the best following the guide.
                      We signed him for a club for next season/year, no discount/refund.
                      Go soccer!

Comment

who knows, could be TS BS. Here's a list of state actions, but it's changing all the time it seems. CT board said there's a meeting this week about it.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/qiL5GO...d-pandemic.htm
                        That’s a very outdated list. Read the section about Mass. It still says MIAA has no plans of moving the season start date back. They announced the September start date at least a week ago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X