Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 10-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks like BarÁa did pretty well in some of the local tournaments over the weekend, especially considering that they've only been playing together for a month. A positive sign IMO.
They are the best! Playing NPCH, Brooklyn and 20th division edp. Look out world.
Old 10-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
They are the best! Playing NPCH, Brooklyn and 20th division edp. Look out world.
Ahhh. The hate is strong in this one!
Old 10-09-2017
Unregistered

I get the Pro BarÁa sentiment but there is a faction within the club thatís looking elsewhere. Donít treat it like thatís not the case. There are a bunch of players dual carded in the club and parents who are not happy with playing time and what position their kids are playing.
Old 10-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I get the Pro BarÁa sentiment but there is a faction within the club thatís looking elsewhere. Donít treat it like thatís not the case. There are a bunch of players dual carded in the club and parents who are not happy with playing time and what position their kids are playing.

Oh stop! Just like every other club; there are people that are always looking. Stop spreading false rumors. There will always be a faction in any club that is not happy. We expect some players to leave, but the way it looks now- more players will be coming over than leaving.

In fact, I know many people from other clubs that have inquired to us parents in the last week or two on when they can come down to tryout for Barca teams over the winter. AND that is NO joke.

It's going to grow and grow my friends. You can say what you want about the fields not being done and how people are only here because of the Barcelona name-
BUT
The facility will be done when it gets done, none of us are worried about that. And Yes, the Barcelona name carries weight. The training is phenomenal and is 100% worth it.
Old 10-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
lol that happens anytime at any club. Parents who think their kids are better than they are. Admittedly all clubs including Barca won't always get it right in player selection either. But again, it's normal.

BTW kids shouldn't be pigeonholed into positions at any early age. The more you play the field the stronger a player you become. Good coaches know that, and they know better than the parents where a player is needed and better suited.
Old 10-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What position they are playing, LOL ... that's hilarious.

Kids should learn to play all positions. Kids should earn their positions by playing hard and impressing the coaches.

Go back to Travel and be the number 10. Your kid will be the best of the lot and will plateau in two years.

Position, cmon man
Old 10-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What position they are playing, LOL ... that's hilarious.

Kids should learn to play all positions. Kids should earn their positions by playing hard and impressing the coaches.

Go back to Travel and be the number 10. Your kid will be the best of the lot and will plateau in two years.

Position, cmon man
I agree with you in terms of making a well rounded player. Many donít.
Old 10-10-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh stop! Just like every other club; there are people that are always looking. Stop spreading false rumors. There will always be a faction in any club that is not happy. We expect some players to leave, but the way it looks now- more players will be coming over than leaving.

In fact, I know many people from other clubs that have inquired to us parents in the last week or two on when they can come down to tryout for Barca teams over the winter. AND that is NO joke.

It's going to grow and grow my friends. You can say what you want about the fields not being done and how people are only here because of the Barcelona name-
BUT
The facility will be done when it gets done, none of us are worried about that. And Yes, the Barcelona name carries weight. The training is phenomenal and is 100% worth it.

You don't even give me a chance to get more lures.... could probably put nothing on the hook with you.
Old 10-11-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
You don't even give me a chance to get more lures.... could probably put nothing on the hook with you.
All you need is a bare hook with these idiots.
Old 10-11-2017
Unregistered

Quote:

And yet you chomped at the hook that simply has "FC Barcelona" in the title.