Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Bribery at top institutions nationwide

College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court.

The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability.

Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools.

Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t.

Authorities say the consulting company also bribed administrators of college entrance exams to allow a Florida man to take the tests on behalf of students or replace their answers with his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/u...g-scandal.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
College coaches and others have been charged in a sweeping admissions bribery case unsealed in federal court.

The racketeering conspiracy charges unveiled Tuesday were brought against the coaches at schools including Wake Forest University, Georgetown and the University of Southern California.

Authorities say the coaches accepted bribes in exchange for admitting students as athletes, regardless of their ability.

Prosecutors say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through February 2019 to bribe coaches and administrators to label their children as recruited athletes to boost their chances of getting into schools.

Prosecutors allege that fake athletic profiles were also made to make students look like strong high school athletes when they actually weren’t.

Authorities say the consulting company also bribed administrators of college entrance exams to allow a Florida man to take the tests on behalf of students or replace their answers with his.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b174bc32322

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/u...g-scandal.html

$400k bribe for 1 kid to get into Yale. Yikes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$400k bribe for 1 kid to get into Yale. Yikes
Apparently that's just what the coach got. Supposedly there was something like $1.2M paid by the family for things ranging from creating a fake athletic profile to having someone take the SAT for the student to paying off SAT test administrators, etc.

Imagine if they spent that $1.2M instead on SAT prep classes and soccer coaching!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Apparently that's just what the coach got. Supposedly there was something like $1.2M paid by the family for things ranging from creating a fake athletic profile to having someone take the SAT for the student to paying off SAT test administrators, etc.

Imagine if they spent that $1.2M instead on SAT prep classes and soccer coaching!
kid would have better off using for toilet paper at this point. What a mess.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Apparently that's just what the coach got. Supposedly there was something like $1.2M paid by the family for things ranging from creating a fake athletic profile to having someone take the SAT for the student to paying off SAT test administrators, etc.

Imagine if they spent that $1.2M instead on SAT prep classes and soccer coaching!
No amount of test prep can turn an average student into an Ivy student
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No amount of test prep can turn an average student into an Ivy student
Lesson : Don"t do the crime unless your willing to do the time
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No amount of test prep can turn an average student into an Ivy student
No but having someone else take the test for your kid can
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You all act like there aren't parents doing this on the youth club level. Ever wonder why little missy who can't run, can't shoot on goal and team members work around like a training cone get so much playing time? Wonder no more. Open your eyes...money makes the world go round.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You all act like there aren't parents doing this on the youth club level. Ever wonder why little missy who can't run, can't shoot on goal and team members work around like a training cone get so much playing time? Wonder no more. Open your eyes...money makes the world go round.
Either that or the mom sleeps with the coach, which did actually happen on a U10 team I know years ago. We always wondered if it was with the dad's blessing because it wasn't a well kept secret.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Bribery at top institutions nationwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Either that or the mom sleeps with the coach, which did actually happen on a U10 team I know years ago. We always wondered if it was with the dad's blessing because it wasn't a well kept secret.
Well...we all remember when Mrs Gump "knocked boots" with the school principle so young Forest can go to school with Jenny!!!!!!

God Bless all mothers doing what has to be done!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.