Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-14-2019
Unregistered

Default Different rules?

When I watch kids games I see there are a crazy amount of late hits after the ball has gone and referees seem to ignore it. I understand the advantage rule but some of these incidents are reckless and someone will get injured. When I see pro soccer on TV it seems refs are hot on this and give out cards for this type of contact off the ball. Why is it a different rule when kids play?
Old 04-14-2019
Unregistered

15-yard penalty
Old 04-14-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When I watch kids games I see there are a crazy amount of late hits after the ball has gone and referees seem to ignore it. I understand the advantage rule but some of these incidents are reckless and someone will get injured. When I see pro soccer on TV it seems refs are hot on this and give out cards for this type of contact off the ball. Why is it a different rule when kids play?
Contact after the ball is released is often ignored simply because the referee didn't see it. The ref's eyes are going to follow the ball, not stay on the player who just made the pass. In the pro's the AR's will then make the call if they see it but at the youth level the AR's barely call off-side properly, forget about them making foul calls.

But even when they do see it, the younger the kids are the more likely the contact will be ignored because the assumption is that it was more the result of the kid just not being in control of his body than it was a purposeful foul.
Old 04-14-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Contact after the ball is released is often ignored simply because the referee didn't see it. The ref's eyes are going to follow the ball, not stay on the player who just made the pass. In the pro's the AR's will then make the call if they see it but at the youth level the AR's barely call off-side properly, forget about them making foul calls.

But even when they do see it, the younger the kids are the more likely the contact will be ignored because the assumption is that it was more the result of the kid just not being in control of his body than it was a purposeful foul.
A referee told our coach today that getting hit after the ball has been played is not a foul as itís not near the play.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
A referee told our coach today that getting hit after the ball has been played is not a foul as itís not near the play.
Lol, that's a new one.

One of our teams had an equally baffling call this past weekend. Had a goal on a free kick nullified because an offensive player "blocked the vision" of the goalkeeper.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol, that's a new one.

One of our teams had an equally baffling call this past weekend. Had a goal on a free kick nullified because an offensive player "blocked the vision" of the goalkeeper.
If he was an off-side position and he affected the goalie's vision, he would be deemed part of the play and therefore that's the correct call.

If he wasn't in an off-side position, then that's a stupid call.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
If he was an off-side position and he affected the goalie's vision, he would be deemed part of the play and therefore that's the correct call.

If he wasn't in an off-side position, then that's a stupid call.
If they called off-side, I'm fine with that. But the explanation was that our player blocked the vision of the goalkeeper, not that the player was off-side.
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Default Different rules?

Quote:
stupidest thing i ever heard!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Default Different rules?

Quote:

there are no ARs in youth soccer (U12 and younger).
Old 04-15-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
there are no ARs in youth soccer (U12 and younger).
Well, NYPL U12 uses AR's.

And anything U19 and under is youth soccer.