Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get it, tongue-in-cheek, but stop it. No one has ever claimed SSS didn't develop strong players, and many of those players play for proud HS programs on the south shore (public and private).

Nobody? Take a gander through the threads. Lots of hate there.

Lots of hate for anyone not in ECNL. So, based on what we read, if you are anything you are already there.

I personally even posed the question what would happen if DA went away, and the resulting commentary was "not much".

Comment

Ecnl parents should be happy DA exists because if it goes away at minimum 30% of the bottom Roster for ECNL would get switched out for new kids, if not starting 11 be careful what you wish for - harsh reality of pay to play is play to win to keep the checks coming

Comment

?

Ecnl parents should be happy DA exists because if it goes away at minimum 30% of the bottom Roster for ECNL would get switched out for new kids, if not starting 11 be careful what you wish for - harsh reality of pay to play is play to win to keep the checks coming
        I get what you're saying, but if you play ECNL or DA, aren't you really ending up in positive financial column after 4 years of D1/2 college with 14-10 full scholorships? This is rough math, but 3K -8k for club(depending on level/travel), over 10 years. Then factor in 95% of those teams go to D1/2, for whatever reason, and get at least 50% of athletic scholarship or Academic, aren't these players/students coming out of college in a better financial position than the average human going to university?

Comment

Changes little if they choose to do so.Who cares.

Comment

I don't understand your comment. Please elaborate?

Comment

Follow up? I'm assuming above was in response to previous post, if wrong sorry, but makes me think. You think it doesn't matter? I would disagree! Playing NPL or NEP in the Northeast(as an elite player, who could play ECNL OR DA) will not promote player or put player in front of as many coaches/schools as DA or ECNL, or allow players to show themselves at their best, IMO, as a college coach who goes to all these events as a coach from the Northeast. Would I recruit an NPL/NEP player? Yes I would!!!! But, they better be heads and shoulders above who she plays with/against, because the players, as a whole, are a lot better in every aspect than the vast majority not in the ECNL/DA. As always, IMO!!!

Comment

Great players will always be found. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find them.

Comment

Great players will always be found. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find them.
                  Or if you choose to not go ECNL or DA route, to work a little harder have them be found. Was worth it for us.

Comment

You're living in a different age if you believe that(not a slight). Will good players be found? Yes, but not all. Not even close. Most percieved 2nd tier players will not get the maximum they could receive, or be exposed to every coach/school as possible, in order to MAXIMIZE THEIR OPTIONS!!! IMO that's the bigger issue. A good player can get money from a bad team/school/coach, but will they survive a couple 3-15 seasons, will they survive a new coach, is the school really the right one, if you have minimal offers(with $), are you really being found?? It's about options for me. 99% percent go on to the real world after University, so IMO how does the Soccer part set you up for the rest of your life. How do you maximize the options, so that you can control/enjoy/improve your situation and eventually your future after University/Soccer. If you think that a NPL/NEP team/club will give you best path to that, all the best, but my experience you have minimalized the options down the road, and set up road blocks/speed bumps for the next 10-20 yrs of life, when you didn't have to.

Comment

Ummm....wot??

Comment

Or if you choose to not go ECNL or DA route, to work a little harder have them be found. Was worth it for us.
                        And that is great!!! Really mean that, and I'm assuming that's what worked for you after you made some hard choices, and lots of family/spouse discussions. My point isn't that it can't work the way you did it, it can work with a lot of due diligence and sweat equity. my point is if you want to maximize your child's options then DA/ECNL is the way to go. Never mind the coaches/schools who will only recruit from DA/ECNL/national teams, and yes, they do exist.
                        PS- I'm glad it worked out for you and family. Please share your experiences, and formula for success. Think it could be informative for the TS masses. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ummm....wot??
                          Seriously!! What does this even mean. You got question, then ask. You got opinion, then make it!

Comment

Seriously!! What does this even mean. You got question, then ask. You got opinion, then make it!
                            Sure...my question said another way, is "WTAF does that mean?"

Better?

Comment

"...if you want to maximize your child's options then DA/ECNL is the way to go."

Really only one option left. Girls DA has already struck the iceberg. Enjoy the music and pastries while the rest of us scramble for the lifeboats.

Comment

And that is great!!! Really mean that, and I'm assuming that's what worked for you after you made some hard choices, and lots of family/spouse discussions. My point isn't that it can't work the way you did it, it can work with a lot of due diligence and sweat equity. my point is if you want to maximize your child's options then DA/ECNL is the way to go. Never mind the coaches/schools who will only recruit from DA/ECNL/national teams, and yes, they do exist.
                                PS- I'm glad it worked out for you and family. Please share your experiences, and formula for success. Think it could be informative for the TS masses. Thanks for sharing!
                                Quick summary...

Family could not afford time and money commitment of DA or. ECNL leagues, although our child was invited multiple times to play on those teams. In addition, our child also did not want to give up HS (so no DA) and ECNL club was too far from our home. Also a multi sport athlete. Left us with high NPL as our best option.

Attended NPL all showcases offered (including Disney, Jeff Cup, and Nationals), Regional 1 ODP, and attended ID Camps of specific targeted colleges. Constant contact with targeted coaches, built relationships and accepted D1 offer with some athletic money. No one player is the same, and all have different pathways. Ours worked for us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X