Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC Coaches

I just saw a post the CFC has 31, yes, 31 active college coaches on their roster from TOP D1, D2 and D3 colleges in the Northeast. But their website tells a different story...sketchy tryout tactics??

http://connecticutfootballclub.com/P...OTBALLCLUB.COM

#fakenews

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I just saw a post the CFC has 31, yes, 31 active college coaches on their roster from TOP D1, D2 and D3 colleges in the Northeast. But their website tells a different story...sketchy tryout tactics??

Their coach bio section on their website is garbage and hasn’t been updated in years (except when they rapidly removed Rudy recently). They definitely have a ton of college coaches (some head, some assistants). I’m not going to spend the time counting, because I really don’t care, but I’m positive that the number would be that high.

Comment

Their coach bio section on their website is garbage and hasn’t been updated in years (except when they rapidly removed Rudy recently). They definitely have a ton of college coaches (some head, some assistants). I’m not going to spend the time counting, because I really don’t care, but I’m positive that the number would be that high.
        I would guess closer to 15-20. Still quite a few.

Comment

Will someone update their bloody website?

Comment

In both boys and girls ?

Comment

There are 5 CFC coaches alone at UB the D2 national champs.

Comment

Did your kid not make the ECNL team?

CFC pitch at tryouts is pretty simple. If you can make the ECNL team and survive the big rosters, they’ll help you get recruited to play college soccer. All bets are off when it comes to other teams in the club.

Comment

I would guess closer to 15-20. Still quite a few.
                  my kids play for CFC. Don't believe the hype. They still talk about SD like he still coaches for CFC. Con-Artists.

Comment

CFC pitch at tryouts is pretty simple. If you can make the ECNL team and survive the big rosters, they’ll help you get recruited to play college soccer. All bets are off when it comes to other teams in the club.
                    If you are on NPL or a branch team it’s like every other club in the state. State level stuff. Treat it as such.

Comment

my kids play for CFC. Don't believe the hype. They still talk about SD like he still coaches for CFC. Con-Artists.
                      And yet he was at Arsenal tryouts the other day.

Comment

this is true in that all bets are off when it comes to other teams in the club

but it's false that they'll help you get recruited to play college soccer if you are on ECNL

if you are top 5 on the ecnl team they'll help you, b/c it's easy for them. the rest of the roster is left to fend for itself. trust me, my kid had to scrap and hustle to get looks and the coaches were not helpful at all. not harmful, but not helpful. so don't buy into the fact that they tell you they're going to get your kid recruited. ultimately worked out and, frankly, i'm cynical enough that we weren't surprised and didn't expect much, but buyer beware if they're telling you they'll take care of you.

Comment

this is true in that all bets are off when it comes to other teams in the club

but it's false that they'll help you get recruited to play college soccer if you are on ECNL

if you are top 5 on the ecnl team they'll help you, b/c it's easy for them. the rest of the roster is left to fend for itself. trust me, my kid had to scrap and hustle to get looks and the coaches were not helpful at all. not harmful, but not helpful. so don't buy into the fact that they tell you they're going to get your kid recruited. ultimately worked out and, frankly, i'm cynical enough that we weren't surprised and didn't expect much, but buyer beware if they're telling you they'll take care of you.
                          Virtually no club "takes care of you." the bulk of recruiting is up to the player and their family. Most times what club coaches do is offer guidance and possibly make a few phone calls. That guidance should be all about what types of programs you should be targeting. If they do that well and you follow their advice that makes recruiting go a whole lot more smoothly. If they don't guide you effectively or you chose to ignore their advice (both happen often enough) then recruiting will be more of a struggle filled with disappointments.

Comment

He's not even listed as a coach. Any parent that thinks a college coach who lives and works soccer in NJ will be heavily involved is a fool. Common sense.

http://connecticutfootballclub.com/P...otballclub.com

Comment

He's not even listed as a coach. Any parent that thinks a college coach who lives and works soccer in NJ will be heavily involved is a fool. Common sense.

http://connecticutfootballclub.com/P...otballclub.com
                              you share a link that lists two college coaches. OP was that they said they had 31 college coaches. So probably fair to say, the hype is real and they're throwing around names left and right...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X