Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CFC Arsenal (Fairfield County) is light years ahead of the others you mention. Can’t even compare them in terms of coaching, facilities and what is offered. Different branch might be a different story.
    So, I guess we'll assume the question was legit b/c it's possible someone would come on here for advice.

If you are in Fairfield County and your kid has aspirations of playing club soccer, then I agree you go to CFC Arsenal. A year of that should give you a good sense of what CFC is all about. You'll be traveling to Boston/Long Island/Jersey on weekends. You'll be traveling down to PA for tournaments. It's a commitment. Also, you'll get the flavor. This isn't town travel where all the parents sit on the sidelines and cheer little Suzy. If your kid is good, the Westport moms will talk ish behind your back and try to undermine your kid with the coach. As you move up the ranks, some kids will get dropped like bad habits if they can't keep up. It's a different level of commitment/mindset and it's not for everyone. But from a soccer perspective, it's better than your alternatives.

Comment

CFC Arsenal (Fairfield County) is light years ahead of the others you mention. Can’t even compare them in terms of coaching, facilities and what is offered. Different branch might be a different story.
      But it also might not be an appropriate fit for a player moving from travel into club. One of the lower clubs may be a better fit/transition. An 11 year old statistically has maybe 50-50 odds of even playing in HS. Baby steps and see where the kid takes.

Comment

surprisingly, this guy is actually getting some good advice. Too bad that can't happen more often. I think the best advice is to jump into a practice. Your kid will get a much closer look than at a tryout. Plus, most coaches are already forming their rosters for next year.

Comment

surprisingly, this guy is actually getting some good advice. Too bad that can't happen more often. I think the best advice is to jump into a practice. Your kid will get a much closer look than at a tryout. Plus, most coaches are already forming their rosters for next year.
          Good timing. CFC Arsenal tryouts next week.

Comment

Friend, I'm going to give you a number. You ask for CT Rush SW. It's what you want. It's what every Fairfield County family wants.
            Thanks Joel.

Comment

Have you considered CFC North Celtic? Check them out.

Comment

Have you considered CFC North Celtic? Check them out.
                Another CFC Branch that will be gone in a year or two

Comment

Thanks Joel.
                  Outstanding work soldier. That was from the deep cuts vault.

Comment

just write a $3700.00 check to CFC, you can’t get into ECNL tryout without the golden ticket or cash. After that you will be placed on branch team and one of our coaches will keep reminding you how close you are to ECNL. Once your u18 you will stop getting tryout info for ECNL and you will also get your evaluation that states your not good enough for college soccer, sorry!

Comment

Outstanding work soldier. That was from the deep cuts vault.
                      I deal in human fulfillment. I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night.

Comment

Any club but FSA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X