Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Pickup Soccer

Any youth pick-up soccer in Hartford or Middlesex counties?

Originally posted by Unregistered123456 View Post
    Country club road has lots of pick up. Bring your mud flaps and 2600 bucks. Your kid can play all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Country club road has lots of pick up. Bring your mud flaps and 2600 bucks. Your kid can play all the time
      country club road will also have a brand new turf field next month beyotch.

Comment

I want to second that emotion of pick up. Watched 4 v4 with my kids and friends for a few hrs tonight. So fun

Comment

I want to second that emotion of pick up. Watched 4 v4 with my kids and friends for a few hrs tonight. So fun
          If kids still played in the neighborhood half these crappy clubs would be done

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered123456 View Post
            11 executive drive in Farmington.....best playground in the state, wish we could say the same about th3 coaching and talent

Comment

If kids still played in the neighborhood half these crappy clubs would be done
              Thier parents won’t let them because of predators like you

Comment

Thier parents won’t let them because of predators like you
                Parental paranoia is only a part of it. Kids are overscheduled and don't have much free time. When they do they're more likely to stay inside and play video games, stream Friends re runs or chat on social media. In CT where homes are on massive lots, the closest park my be a few miles away and kids are less likely to wander around looking for someone to hang out with. Summer is a better time for pickup games but even then it may involve some parental involvement either organizing, supervising or providing transportation

Comment

Parental paranoia is only a part of it. Kids are overscheduled and don't have much free time. When they do they're more likely to stay inside and play video games, stream Friends re runs or chat on social media. In CT where homes are on massive lots, the closest park my be a few miles away and kids are less likely to wander around looking for someone to hang out with. Summer is a better time for pickup games but even then it may involve some parental involvement either organizing, supervising or providing transportation
                  I agree about the summer part being way easier. It’s easy enough to get a group text going with the other soccer kids in town. My kid has one going with his friends from town that play (some club, some just HS/travel, and a few lax kids that used to play soccer and are just good athletes). There’s about 15 kids on the list and 10 that typically show up on any given time. They bike to the HS field or one of the other fields in town and play pick up several times a week in the summer. A few need to get rides based on distance, but most can bike it.

Comment

I agree about the summer part being way easier. It’s easy enough to get a group text going with the other soccer kids in town. My kid has one going with his friends from town that play (some club, some just HS/travel, and a few lax kids that used to play soccer and are just good athletes). There’s about 15 kids on the list and 10 that typically show up on any given time. They bike to the HS field or one of the other fields in town and play pick up several times a week in the summer. A few need to get rides based on distance, but most can bike it.
                    my kid aint biking anywhere. Too dangerous. People looking down at their phones, doing opioids. F dat

Comment

There is no one left in town during the summer.

Comment

There is no one left in town during the summer.
                        Yes the westport hand bag mafia invades nantucket and makes all the natives crazy for 3 mths. The brats your kids would have played with are picking out lily pulitzer dresses while mom buys espadrilles. In our town kids are still around.

Comment

my kid aint biking anywhere. Too dangerous. People looking down at their phones, doing opioids. F dat
                          Cool, maybe you can put your kid in a bubble for the rest of their life or you can “helicopter” them to the field?

Comment

Yes the westport hand bag mafia invades nantucket and makes all the natives crazy for 3 mths. The brats your kids would have played with are picking out lily pulitzer dresses while mom buys espadrilles. In our town kids are still around.
                            omg this made me laugh

Comment

Best thing I've read on here in ages and all true. Westport people suck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X