X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    sorry your kid didn't but my kid did
    and what school offered your kid a "Soccer Scholarship" to a D3 program?

Comment

I just need to give you credit for saying you believe she will fit into a strong D3 program instead of proclaiming D1 or bust.
      I see it on the field and have been to multiple college games in recent years. It’s a very honest assessment. Credit to the coaches advising her through this process as well. They are knowledgeable, honest and realistic. She is getting very good information and very good support. She has attended some ID camps and understands what is needed. It’s a great combination of doing her due diligence and getting good advice and direction from her coaches. Very happy with our Rush experience in large part because my daughter is happy and loves playing with her teammates and loves her team.

Comment

I am struggling with the fact that many clubs suggest that they are Premier when they are nothing more than a money grab from upper middle class families who are seeking something more for their children. I’ve seen more than my fair share of clubs who don’t offer much and give children and parents a false sense that the developmental coaching provided will lead the player somewhere different than pathways afforded by a competitive town/high school program. Shame on the business model to grab thousands per year....and shame on the parents for subjecting children with average ability in thinking their team is better than others. I’ve seen non-affiliated players with tremendous skills and I’ve seen club players who pay $3000 to belong to a team that would cut them if it truly were based on skill!

Everyone is Premier....and everyone gets a trophy too! Especially the mommy’s driving Rovers and Mercedes with the FSA and CFC magnets on the back!

Comment

What basis are you making the comment about Central? Not questioning it- but wondered what your experience was.
          Fil L. 'nuff said

Comment

Fil L. 'nuff said
            Agreed!

Comment

Fil...mic drop

Comment

CT Rush

Central - FL hasn't coached there for a year, and JS doesn't direct the branch.

Comment

Where does FL coach now?

Comment

Fil got thrown out last year. JS took over and ran the branch. Several teams collapsed and many families left for other clubs. There is only 6-7 teams left and they are not very good. JS has now delegated the branch to one of the coaches. Not sure if this branch will ever rebound.

Comment

Fil got thrown out last year. JS took over and ran the branch. Several teams collapsed and many families left for other clubs. There is only 6-7 teams left and they are not very good. JS has now delegated the branch to one of the coaches. Not sure if this branch will ever rebound.
                      This also coincided with the separation in their relationship with hosting club activities at the Taft school. (FL’s alma mater) Now, the branch struggles to find space for kids to practice, has difficulty retaining coaches and players, and has parents questioning where their money goes. Aside from his personal issues, FL was a good coach and vested in the success of the kids. JS is vested in the interest of his bank account. Parents are not stupid and unwilling to pay more than what they have been for less value.

Right now, Rush is 1200-1500 depending upon age level. Anyone who pays more than 2k a year for youth soccer is crazy. 1200-1500 is pushing it too!

Comment

rush is 1500 BUT program is only for fall and spring. WINTER is 700 extra if you want to do it.

Comment

rush is 1500 BUT program is only for fall and spring. WINTER is 700 extra if you want to do it.
                          My kid plays in shoreline branch. We are happy. Also plays for a good coach branch and regional. Practice is 10 minutes from our house and team is very good. Don't know much about other branches

Comment

Stop writing on here and go on their website and look for what you need. Do the same with other clubs.

https://leagueathletics.com/Default....RUSHSOCCER.ORG

Comment

CT Rush Regional/Elite boys teams are strong. Not sure if it's Elite or Regional.

Boys 04 are probably best team in the state, B05 are solid and Boys 02 are very strong strong as well.

Their Girls 04 and 03 are meant to be very strong as well, but you should do homework if interested.

Comment

I am struggling with the fact that many clubs suggest that they are Premier when they are nothing more than a money grab from upper middle class families who are seeking something more for their children. I’ve seen more than my fair share of clubs who don’t offer much and give children and parents a false sense that the developmental coaching provided will lead the player somewhere different than pathways afforded by a competitive town/high school program. Shame on the business model to grab thousands per year....and shame on the parents for subjecting children with average ability in thinking their team is better than others. I’ve seen non-affiliated players with tremendous skills and I’ve seen club players who pay $3000 to belong to a team that would cut them if it truly were based on skill!

Everyone is Premier....and everyone gets a trophy too! Especially the mommy’s driving Rovers and Mercedes with the FSA and CFC magnets on the back!
                                No truer words have ever been spoken! Cash grab for sure and duping suckers everyday that 9-10 year olds have opportunities to excel at the elite college level. Newsflash- Check rosters at competitive D1 schools.....75-80 percent are international players. DII and DIII rosters are filled with in-town soccer players too!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X