Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    To all the Girls Beachside parents, don’t be fooled again by this nonsense.
    A few years ago this debacle had a similar situation where as the girls program teamed up with GirlsCan Football Club that supposedly or in partnership was run by GS of Beachside....the program ended up being a complete failure after a year or two and Beschside scrambled to recover.
    Beachside now faced with complete humiliation as given FZ the helm.
    The planning of this has been ongoing for months on just how Beachside would exit a program they has failed for far too long....having No interested buyers for the program and no real talent left, FZ is the fall guy for the complete collapse that has been looming for a decade.

My advice and suggestion is to find another club......
    For the top half of Fairfield CTY -CFC,Yankee all have tryouts soon, so go somewhere its been working for years.

FZ is part of the problem not the solution.
    Girls can and beachside never teamed up or had a partnership. Part of one beachside team left the club and joined girls can.

Comment

BS girls program was composed of girls that should be playing town soccer. It wasn't premier so MK wanted to keep the brand pure.
      If he is pure some board members kids will soon be cut?

Comment

Girls can and beachside never teamed up or had a partnership. Part of one beachside team left the club and joined girls can.
        Partly correct- OP was correct.
        GS was overlooking BSC girls in an agreement with BSC & GirlsCan.

You have no idea of the back dooring deal they made. Unfortunately nothing was on paper.
        GirlsCan then pulled the rug from GS & BSC once they had commitments from the group they were poaching.

Comment

How does this impact move to Waterbury?
          That was another reason why they're dumping the girls - not enough room up there and they knew plenty of families won't schlepp up there anyway. They'll do it for DA boys, but not mediocre girls training.

Comment

Why didn't they apply for GDA with just a few younger teams? I call bullsheet.
            The quote said they applied for ECNL, not GDA. I believe the ECNL applications were awhile ago before GDA even existed. No way they'd get GDA either, for many reasons - they just don't have enough girls teams to run a robust program (they only have one HS age team this year), the teams they have aren't consistently good or compete at a higher level, the only DA club in the state is struggling as it is, plus BS is in hot water with USSF over the field fundraising thing.

Comment

Aren't the boys premier teams relegated to play in second or third tier leagues? Are they also being eliminated?
              Not when there's money to be made. Problem is if they move to Waterbury there might not be enough room and probably some Fairfield county parents won't want to make the drive when their non DA kids can play elsewhere closer to home.

Comment

Not when there's money to be made. Problem is if they move to Waterbury there might not be enough room and probably some Fairfield county parents won't want to make the drive when their non DA kids can play elsewhere closer to home.
                Ironic. The death of bs might breathe life into Yankee. I’m sure flyers are already in the mail and calls are being made by Wayne . Yankee plays in the same garbage league, only they have the st joes field, and a pipeline for the unicorns to screaming jack at st joes, so they are a good parking place for those left behind with limited skills and the desire to play low level d3 for a year in college.

Beachside died a long time ago. While I feel for the girls, I blame lazy, ill informed parents for continuing to put gyros on mickeys table while he milked the last few dollars out of them.

Comment

Ironic. The death of bs might breathe life into Yankee. I’m sure flyers are already in the mail and calls are being made by Wayne . Yankee plays in the same garbage league, only they have the st joes field, and a pipeline for the unicorns to screaming jack at st joes, so they are a good parking place for those left behind with limited skills and the desire to play low level d3 for a year in college.

Beachside died a long time ago. While I feel for the girls, I blame lazy, ill informed parents for continuing to put gyros on mickeys table while he milked the last few dollars out of them.
                  It's too bad EA lost FC and the girls program there has slipped yet again. They also could have cleaned up attracting BS players. But there's also different CFC branches, Revolution, AC CT. Plenty of options in the area. Tough on the girls breaking up the teams but they'll be fine. Most of the teams are younger and parents don't realize that teams rarely stay together as kids get older any way.

Comment

Sorry but YU don’t need the BSC Girls ....the level and quality is a maybe at Shoreline or Rush.

Comment

Beachside very desperate - how desperate?

Taking credit for a RedBulls 2 signing of a kid that left the program 8 years ago when he was 11 or 12 years old.
                      Gotta be careful with the Greek- seems if you shake his hand or make eye contact in a brief encounter he’ll take it as a credit to post on the website with your lottery win.

Comment

You have no idea of the back dooring deal they made. Unfortunately nothing was on paper.
                        GirlsCan then pulled the rug from GS & BSC once they had commitments from the group they were poaching.
                        Who is GS?

Comment

To all the Girls Beachside parents, don’t be fooled again by this nonsense.
                          A few years ago this debacle had a similar situation where as the girls program teamed up with GirlsCan Football Club that supposedly or in partnership was run by GS of Beachside....the program ended up being a complete failure after a year or two and Beschside scrambled to recover.
                          Beachside now faced with complete humiliation as given FZ the helm.
                          The planning of this has been ongoing for months on just how Beachside would exit a program they has failed for far too long....having No interested buyers for the program and no real talent left, FZ is the fall guy for the complete collapse that has been looming for a decade.

My advice and suggestion is to find another club......
                          For the top half of Fairfield CTY -CFC,Yankee all have tryouts soon, so go somewhere its been working for years.

FZ is part of the problem not the solution.
                          If your advice is Yankee your no help. To clarify the buyer is for boys program, trim the dead weight to make it more attractive purchase. The boys program still has brand value. This separation makes sense to attract buyers for the boys.

BSC is a nonprofit but there are ways to navigate control to another group.

Comment

You make it sound like girls can took the players away from BSC against their wills. From what I heard they were not happy at BSC and left because they wanted to. And then when BSC found out they were leaving they didn't allow the girls to go to regionals. Seems a little different than your version.

Comment

How does the WSA board feel about this? Or just the same old back scratching going on?

Comment

Why is no one mentioning the most important piece of information here?

FZ is starting a club yet he is potentially one of the worst coaches in the state. Those of you still left at BS should take heed what it means when MK doesn’t even show up at the closing of the girls program. That is MK style through and through.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X