Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ahole altert! Ahole Alert! Its kid's soccer. Why would you even care that some child is playing a game of soccer? People like you are why the U.S. will never improve at the game. To you its all about rules, winning, and "making it to the top" and not about proper tactics, form, and HAVING FUN!!!!
    Fun? you should stay away from the DA this is a job and a stepping stone to where you want to be. If you don't work hard someone will take your spot. Practice to be on top and play like you never know who is watching second place is the first loser.

Comment

Parttime players can only come from clubs affiliated to Weston or Boca and must meet certain training criteria

Weston - sunrise only
      Boca - boynton , Rush only

Period
      Capiche?
      They can add affiliate clubs at any time during the season, happens all the time at the larger DA’s across the country. Capiche?

Comment

Fun? you should stay away from the DA this is a job and a stepping stone to where you want to be. If you don't work hard someone will take your spot. Practice to be on top and play like you never know who is watching second place is the first loser.
        And there you have it. The problem with U.S. soccer in a nutshell. Parents who never played the game but think that their kids should work to achieve the parent's dream. Soccer has no inherent value - it is only the fun of play that makes it worthwhile. I feel sorry for your kids.

Comment

Fc Prime

For those of you guessing,perhaps show up one time to watch one of the Fc Prime games. This league has more speed and ability than anything else around.
          The teams are successful because the coaching is really good,and the girls are really good. I believe there have been at least 4 verbal commitments(please do not explain to me your analysis of this) on the 03 team already. In the South Carolina showcase, between 25-35 college coaches showed up to each of the 04 teams' games.
          They have been so successful that the Weston DA girls(not boys) are having problems with kids wanting to switch clubs.
          Now sunrise bashes them saying they are not doing well? Probably because they do not have a similar program and the top girls will flock to these teams and coaches.
          They are so unsuccessful that a so called new league between sunrise,west pines and a number of clubs(with Weston) is being formed?
          Nobody is leaving this club unless thy do not make it,or their child does not play which is tough when it happens,but on the positive,some girls will be challenged and rise to the occasion. If they do not play much,they can still play high school(unlike DA). They may also leave because the parents are insane(see many threads above)or,last, they have to play DA because they will be on a national team program. If they do play DA in that situation,i believe that if they stayed in florida,probably playing up a few years would be better for them based on the quality of players that Fc Prime is getting.

Comment

For those of you guessing,perhaps show up one time to watch one of the Fc Prime games. This league has more speed and ability than anything else around.
            The teams are successful because the coaching is really good,and the girls are really good. I believe there have been at least 4 verbal commitments(please do not explain to me your analysis of this) on the 03 team already. In the South Carolina showcase, between 25-35 college coaches showed up to each of the 04 teams' games.
            They have been so successful that the Weston DA girls(not boys) are having problems with kids wanting to switch clubs.
            Now sunrise bashes them saying they are not doing well? Probably because they do not have a similar program and the top girls will flock to these teams and coaches.
            They are so unsuccessful that a so called new league between sunrise,west pines and a number of clubs(with Weston) is being formed?
            Nobody is leaving this club unless thy do not make it,or their child does not play which is tough when it happens,but on the positive,some girls will be challenged and rise to the occasion. If they do not play much,they can still play high school(unlike DA). They may also leave because the parents are insane(see many threads above)or,last, they have to play DA because they will be on a national team program. If they do play DA in that situation,i believe that if they stayed in florida,probably playing up a few years would be better for them based on the quality of players that Fc Prime is getting.

Where are you guys playing next year?

Comment

Where are you guys playing next year?
              If she makes the team, FC Prime. If she does not,and she wants to play soccer without regards to friends,the Weston or Boca Da. If not can pick any of the local 4 as long as some friends are on the team.

Have to go to work now.

Comment

The ECNL prime group looks to be doing ok and is decently competitive within their league so you have to give them credit. But the fact remains that most players want to be a Discovery player and not be committed to all the ridiculous travel and cost to play in a league that has one local club and everyone else a travel that costs big $ and that’s a fact! Being committed to only play with Prime ECNL and attend all league and showcase events is a nightmare and several players are confirmed to be leaving if they are not given Discovery player status. My daughters best friend and classmate is one of them. On the other hand if the DA’s in Weston and Boca get smart and partner and make some other affiliate clubs other than Sunrise I think you will see tons of kids choosing to be part time DA and also staying with their current or club or even go back to their former one. There are a lot of top players on stronger teams in certain age groups who would definitely rather stay with their club team and also play part time in the DA just like Discovery players do with ECNL. It really just comes down to whether those particular clubs with stronger teams end up actually affiliating with Weston or SFFA DA. That’s the million dollar question since it’s my understanding that you can’t just go and play part time in the DA and that your club has to be approved by US Soccer as an actual “affiliate” club to a DA club and sign a formal agreement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X