Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Two kinda surprising results this week...

Portsmouth beats Mt Hope
    Burrillville beats CW
    Definitely Portsmouth....Is cw supposed to be any good? Were they expected to make playoff field?

Comment

and the fact they play together year round really has them in sync.
      You know this is completely untrue - these SK players are scattered around Liverpool, Bayside, GPS and Rams.

Comment

Definitely Portsmouth....Is cw supposed to be any good? Were they expected to make playoff field?
        Not really, but they usually play good teams tough. They gave both Barrington & Smithfield tough games, and Barrington easily beat Burrillville. Would have thought CW would have beat Burrillville too. That coach does not know what to do with the talent he has.

Comment

Not really, but they usually play good teams tough. They gave both Barrington & Smithfield tough games, and Barrington easily beat Burrillville. Would have thought CW would have beat Burrillville too. That coach does not know what to do with the talent he has.
          CW coach is not al that bad. Maybe all their losses are against teams close in ability to one another, since they were all one goal. Barrington easily beat Burrillville, but that was the latter's first ever game in D1, so after their rude welcome maybe they are adjusting? I still think CW will win a few close ones against middle teams.

Comment

You know this is completely untrue - these SK players are scattered around Liverpool, Bayside, GPS and Rams.
            that is true. about how many girls from that team play premier? Of those, how many play at the NPL level or above?

Comment

CW coach is not al that bad. Maybe all their losses are against teams close in ability to one another, since they were all one goal. Barrington easily beat Burrillville, but that was the latter's first ever game in D1, so after their rude welcome maybe they are adjusting? I still think CW will win a few close ones against middle teams.
              Burrillville got smoked in their first two games, and then all of a sudden figured it out. No, I think CW has a good young team that somehow cannot win close games. That’s a function of coaching.

Comment

Burrillville got smoked in their first two games, and then all of a sudden figured it out. No, I think CW has a good young team that somehow cannot win close games. That’s a function of coaching.
                How good can they be if they can't win close games against below average teams, including as you say, teams that aren't able to "figure it out". You are what your record says you are.

Comment

How good can they be if they can't win close games against below average teams, including as you say, teams that aren't able to "figure it out". You are what your record says you are.
                  Your are right, I phrased it wrong. The team is not good, but they have some pretty good individual talent. The fact that the team can’t win these games with their talent is why I think it has to be a coaching issue.

Comment

Your are right, I phrased it wrong. The team is not good, but they have some pretty good individual talent. The fact that the team can’t win these games with their talent is why I think it has to be a coaching issue.
                    This blog is such a "parent page" LOL. Isn't it always a coaching issue? It wouldn't be the fact that the players really aren't that good? Would it? Or maybe they are young and need time. CW does not have a load of talent and they have 2 middle schools feeding them.

If the coach can't work miracles it must be him then? Too funny.

CW coach is a great guy, first of all, and a good coach!

Comment

This blog is such a "parent page" LOL. Isn't it always a coaching issue? It wouldn't be the fact that the players really aren't that good? Would it? Or maybe they are young and need time. CW does not have a load of talent and they have 2 middle schools feeding them.

If the coach can't work miracles it must be him then? Too funny.

CW coach is a great guy, first of all, and a good coach!
                      I agree. But with that said, and with the team as it is, who do you think they will finish in front of this year? Don't know why RIIL dropped three teams and only brought up two, which will make it a lot tougher on the lower teams to have a chance a couple of wins.

Comment

I agree. But with that said, and with the team as it is, who do you think they will finish in front of this year? Don't know why RIIL dropped three teams and only brought up two, which will make it a lot tougher on the lower teams to have a chance a couple of wins.
                        Should have dropped the three, if not more, and brought no one up. RIIL and some of the Principals are not in tune with what's gong on. It's about $$$

Comment

They will finish in front of a few.. it's still early.

Comment

They will finish in front of a few.. it's still early.
                            only BV

Comment

Should have dropped the three, if not more, and brought no one up. RIIL and some of the Principals are not in tune with what's gong on. It's about $$$
                              Some? Only thing worse in the soccer area is the mindset of the PCOA at the middle school to group schools by geo region despite huge differentials; seriously, the extra few dollars to organize by skill (and frankly the schools know pretty much the top vs the others) is minimal compared to the poor benefit of having half the games be blowouts.

The PCOA is dominated disproportionately by privates (20%) - you have one member from a public school that only has 5 teams total so 1 of the 12 principal spots goes to a school that barely competes. You do not have geographic fairness. ADs get only 1 spot, Supt 1 and School boards none. It basically was a way to force districts to fund the principals association since you HAVE to pay dues to the PCOA to be in RIIL. I understand RIIL needs some money to operate, but there is no balance (like in the Mass Association where the non-principals have far greater representation) to bring up these student fairness issues that perhaps take away $.

Also, there is no balanced rotation - hence you get some entrenched principals.

Recently someone tried to challenge the secrecy of RIIL (just about everything is done in closed session) and the AG ruled basically athletics are independent of the oversight of both RIDE and local school boards. Typical RI insider system.

Comment

CW ties SK 0-0... I guess CW really does play to its competition.
                                MH routs Prout 6-0

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X