Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It doesn’t matter. The costs for clubs on the surface are all about the same. Whether it’s PSA, sta, CSA, pda or MF the entry cost is 3k +- 400 bucks. It’s probably about 1/3 of overall cost.

Then you have to add:
    - uniforms (CSA has cheapest)
    - coach travel
    - extra sessions (most clubs have mandatory extra sessions that will set you back $1200 to pay for coaches BMW)
    - your own travel

Depending on team strength, and ability to showcase (eg for MF you have to be player 1-3 to land on your feet)
    If you are player 1-6 on a good team - it’s a great investment. If you are 7-11, be careful. If you are 11+ and end up in ECNL regional team, or play 10 minutes a game. It’s probably a missed opportunity.
    We left MF and have moved to WCFC. Cost is $2900 for the 19/20 season includes all costs but uniform and our travel. How are clubs getting away with these extra costs?

Comment

How much does Match Fit cost?
      How much would it be for Match Fit if these salaries weren’t outta control ?

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300102/IRS990

Comment

How much would it be for Match Fit if these salaries weren’t outta control ?

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300102/IRS990
        How many jobs does this guy have?

Dominick L
        Bucci
        Edison Township
        $59,756
        $59,756
        Public Employees' Retirement System
        MIDDLESEX COUNTY

Comment

Preach to my better half..

It doesn’t matter. The costs for clubs on the surface are all about the same. Whether it’s PSA, sta, CSA, pda or MF the entry cost is 3k +- 400 bucks. It’s probably about 1/3 of overall cost.

Then you have to add:
          - uniforms (CSA has cheapest)
          - coach travel
          - extra sessions (most clubs have mandatory extra sessions that will set you back $1200 to pay for coaches BMW)
          - your own travel

Depending on team strength, and ability to showcase (eg for MF you have to be player 1-3 to land on your feet)
          If you are player 1-6 on a good team - it’s a great investment. If you are 7-11, be careful. If you are 11+ and end up in ECNL regional team, or play 10 minutes a game. It’s probably a missed opportunity.
          Are you saying if our kid is not a starter on an ECNL or GDA team that we are wasting $? If so, I agree! Now please tell my wife!

Grades are Ivy League worthy, soccer ability D2/3. I will send her to a nunery before I let her give up Princeton for the College of NJ!

Money isn't even an issue it's the time I will never get back!

Comment

Are you saying if our kid is not a starter on an ECNL or GDA team that we are wasting $? If so, I agree! Now please tell my wife!

Grades are Ivy League worthy, soccer ability D2/3. I will send her to a nunery before I let her give up Princeton for the College of NJ!

Most honest soccer dad ever! Kudos for seeing it like it is. Now I need to convince myself to think like you and I will be better off too lol

Comment

Awesome post!!!

Comment

Awesome post!!!
                There are plenty elite academic d3 schools thst your daughter can attend. Soccer/ and her grades can help Open doors that would be harder to open.

Thst said she needs to be on a team Thst she plays.

Being a sub on a team like the pda strikers does nothing for her but to feel good about winning and watching

Why pay for that . I’d rather lose with my daughter on the field than win with her watching from the bench

Comment

There are plenty elite academic d3 schools thst your daughter can attend. Soccer/ and her grades can help Open doors that would be harder to open.

Thst said she needs to be on a team Thst she plays.

Being a sub on a team like the pda strikers does nothing for her but to feel good about winning and watching

Why pay for that . I’d rather lose with my daughter on the field than win with her watching from the bench
                  So it’s actually worse to be a sub who doesn’t play much on really bad Match fit girls teams then is what you are saying!

Comment

So it’s actually worse to be a sub who doesn’t play much on really bad Match fit girls teams then is what you are saying!
                    Yes

You have to play no matter what level team you are on. Unless your kid doesn’t want to be a player and wants to coach instead, you have to play in order to develop.

The game teaches as much or and different things than practice does. Have to have both!!!

You can go to any field and watch other people’s children play for free.

Comment

Yes

You have to play no matter what level team you are on. Unless your kid doesn’t want to be a player and wants to coach instead, you have to play in order to develop.

The game teaches as much or and different things than practice does. Have to have both!!!

You can go to any field and watch other people’s children play for free.
                      Truth!

Comment

Will MF be allowed to play in ECNL next year, or will they be moved to ECNL RL?

Comment

Match Fit should be called Mis Fit ! That’s my review !

Comment

MF not good for player development

I agree...MF from my experience is simply understaffed and lacks the facilities to run the program with the current number of teams. Often times the 2nd teams get limited space and very rarely access to an actual soocer goal (use lacroose net, cones,bags as goals ).

Also no assitant coaches and with a single coach and large rosters simply can't do what's needed to develope players so they then use lure of the ECNL to import them and let the girls go that had potential but in need of some extra time/work which they are unable/unwilling to give them.

If your daughter is a bigger physical player on 1st team then MF is not a bad place mainly to get to play ECNL...but anyone on the 1st team bubble or 2nd team be aware that MF has no loyality or desire to develope you and will concentrate their efforts on what they precieve are the top 8-11 girls at each age group. The mindset being that all the better players will want to play ECNL as they get older so they wilkl always have an available pool of girls to grab at each age.

Comment

Good Luck to all the MF teams playing in the PDA Showcase!

Comment

Hello how are you? Its been quiet on this board...people must be busy putting gas in the generators at MFA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X