Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will Seattle United Figure it out for the girls side

When will SU figure it our for the girls side??? They have had multiple failures with multiple partnerships (Crossfire and Reign). Never seems to work out, maybe a leadership problem with Jimmy????? This has left the club operating with players who are truly B or C team players on the field for the top level teams. The funny thing is that they are quick to bash others but based on our current environment, a couple of quick questions to answer 1) How many posts on their own site supporting girls soccer when there is success very, very minimal if any 2) How many full time staff to they have that are women outside of administrative duties (easy answer is 0 it is an old boys club) 3) When are they going to have faith in there own product besides holding mandatory practices and showing up when the Reign Academy have games (Acting out of fear??????) I love the SU mantra of "oh that club is S&*% they do boot ball. Watching the top ECNL teams this weekend there is nothing different. Tactical formation and maintaining possession is non-existent. Teams operating as individuals, 00/01 with a number of B/C players not knowing how to work as a unit. That may be the individual players or a raw/raw coach who buys into the players who suck up. The 05 team plays within the width of the 18's and don't know how to spread the field.

So how committed to the girls side and helping them to become successful??? I would be willing to challenge any answer. Crossfire has a better history of developing better players and teams. But hey SU Boys ECNL, BOO/01, sounders academy is the way to go.

SU isn't that bad...My kids have been in the club for awhile...I can't believe anyone ever thought Xfire/SU would work. I didn't believe it at the time. That's like India and Pakistan trying to work together on something. In the case of Reign, SU seemed to feel like they were giving $ with no control. SUs best girls' team at that point, the 02/03s, were with Jason Farrell the first year of Reign ECNL & then the rumor was Jason, longtime SU coach, got pushed out...I'm not sure any of us know the whole story, but with EFC pulling out of Reign also, you could draw the conclusion that Reign has a partnership problem as well...

I'm all for more female coaches, more promotion of girls' achievements on their social media etc. Somebody tell Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      SU isn't that bad...My kids have been in the club for awhile...I can't believe anyone ever thought Xfire/SU would work. I didn't believe it at the time. That's like India and Pakistan trying to work together on something. In the case of Reign, SU seemed to feel like they were giving $ with no control. SUs best girls' team at that point, the 02/03s, were with Jason Farrell the first year of Reign ECNL & then the rumor was Jason, longtime SU coach, got pushed out...I'm not sure any of us know the whole story, but with EFC pulling out of Reign also, you could draw the conclusion that Reign has a partnership problem as well...

I'm all for more female coaches, more promotion of girls' achievements on their social media etc. Somebody tell Jimmy.
      Heh. Just turn up Jimmy's hearing aid, since he turns it down when girl's
      soccer is mentioned. I think ZL was the last female coach at SU, until she
      was elevated to the Sisterhood of US Soccer. Personally, the bod should get rid
      of the old school Sounders leftovers and clean house with new blood. JF is landed
      fine at Surf/Sound FC. I wish him luck with the dumpster fire there.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry but the girls side is pretty weak. They do well at the youngest ages and then the better players leave. My daughters lowly rcl team has played the ecnl team once and su's "A" team twice and has a combined 14-1 score this year.

Comment

Not sure exactly the point directed at SU for the lack of gender diversity among their director level when all four clubs (Sound/Surf; Washington Premier, Crossfire, Eastside)have an all male slate as well. PacNW is the only one who has a female director, and I believe that is recent but welcomed.

It is true that the PNW suffers from a lower female coaching and director level than other regions, and clubs are actively trying to solve this and struggle on their own admission to recruit and find female coaches/directors. My son plays for another club and their own survey results were announced, that this was the biggest answer, more female coaches and they asked for help to parents to identify this issue.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X