Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams are traveling to the ECNL Houston showcase in a few weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which teams are traveling to the ECNL Houston showcase in a few weeks?

2022s have essentially lost their recruiting year. I thought the ECNL did an adequate job streaming the last showcase albeit no D1 coaches in attendance. Without being able to play games here locally out of state is the only option. So which clubs are going?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    2022s have essentially lost their recruiting year. I thought the ECNL did an adequate job streaming the last showcase albeit no D1 coaches in attendance. Without being able to play games here locally out of state is the only option. So which clubs are going?
    I think all of the Oregon teams are in.

Comment

The teams are posted on the ECNL website. I am sure a team or two could pull out but time is running out.

The real question is how one plays ECNL and HS at the same time.

Comment

Looks like seattle united and xfire are the only clubs not playing out of state now. Xfire has lost a bunch of players that have now moved out of state so they can play soccer. Crazy to think families have picked up and left everything behind so their kid can play in states that are open.

Comment

Looks like seattle united and xfire are the only clubs not playing out of state now. Xfire has lost a bunch of players that have now moved out of state so they can play soccer. Crazy to think families have picked up and left everything behind so their kid can play in states that are open.
          Xfire does not lose players, they just reload.

Comment

Is it the girls or boys teams that are losing players?

Is it at the ecnl level?

I don’t seem to see a lot of changes on the ecnl rosters.

Comment

The teams are posted on the ECNL website. I am sure a team or two could pull out but time is running out.

The real question is how one plays ECNL and HS at the same time.
              ENCL games were supposed to get started before Christmas to loosen up the schedule a bit when high school starts but the kids in Washington are still being blamed for the spread of covid and not allowed to play.

Comment

ENCL games were supposed to get started before Christmas to loosen up the schedule a bit when high school starts but the kids in Washington are still being blamed for the spread of covid and not allowed to play.
                Aren’t they also banned from going out of state to play games because then they could bring the virus back in? Makes sense but don’t see how ecnl plays games out of state, especially in Texas.

Comment

Aren’t they also banned from going out of state to play games because then they could bring the virus back in? Makes sense but don’t see how ecnl plays games out of state, especially in Texas.
                  I don't believe Washington has a travel ban. Can't lawfully prevent people from leaving the state.

Comment

Both PacNW and WPFC went to the ECNL South Florida event last month without problem. Shouldn’t parents have a say whether to send their kids? Let the kids play and give them the option to go.

Comment

The sooner everyone gets this the sooner we can get back to normal life. I had it. Just a couple flu-like days and a cough for three weeks. Took about a month to be able to smell my morning coffee which was the worst part for me. I tele-commute so I didn't miss any work.

Comment

The sooner everyone gets this the sooner we can get back to normal life. I had it. Just a couple flu-like days and a cough for three weeks. Took about a month to be able to smell my morning coffee which was the worst part for me. I tele-commute so I didn't miss any work.
                        Since no one can figure out how to give the vaccine, that's probaby what needs to happen.

Comment

Nothing “bans” teams from playing out of state outside of specific clubs deciding to ban out of state travel.

Only aware of the RCL coming out in writing positively allowing out of state travel. Not aware of any ban by US Club or ECNL.

So far it's just a club to club issue.

From RCL:

“The RCS voted this week to allow RCL teams to play out of state, and there will be no consequences from the RCS.
                          RCS recommend that clubs should still make sure their county does not have a problem when they return.
                          Please note that this ONLY applies to RCL clubs. “

https://washingtonyouthsoccer.org/wa...-5fa56e14-5cb8

Comment

none

Both PacNW and WPFC went to the ECNL South Florida event last month without problem. Shouldn’t parents have a say whether to send their kids? Let the kids play and give them the option to go.
                            Pretty sure they went to Phoenix showcase, not Florida which just took place - FWIW.

Comment

I'm glad you recovered and could continue to work through your illness. But you understand that not everyone has such an easy time of it, right? Your experience is not predictive of how anyone else will fare. I know people who've been in ICU and recovered after weeks in hospital, folks who are "long haulers" who can't shake the symptoms after months, and people who had a completely asymtopmatic case. To say people should just get it is like encouraging people to not wear a seatbelt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X