Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because they aren’t going anywhere. Sorry if facts hurt.
    Now we’re all starting to think you were abandoned as a child which would explain your prepubescent maniacal paranoia. And for this I am sorry.

No need to respond again with I know you are but what am I. It’s ok. Everything is going to be ok. We all just want you to be ok.

wow.

Comment

Because they aren’t going anywhere. Sorry if facts hurt.
      Agreed.

Comment

May.
        I being honest. No one is leaving regardless of amount of wins/loses in spring.
        Perhaps some are leaving because . . . You know tryouts - some might get cut!! Oh wait. Nevermind.

Comment

Oh clearly it’s the patch. Loyalty to BB and RF are only as strong as the power they hold. You really think anyone genuinely cares for these two? Zero impact is my vote.
          I’m trying to understand how the patch at Bucks means anything? I get it at a club like PDA where the college commitments are plentiful and D1, but at Bucks the D1 college commitments are few and far between - even fewer if you take out St.Joes. The training and development at Bucks is not good at all, I know there is the exposure offered at the showcases but that exposure at least at Bucks is not translating to D1.

So do people just value the level of competition in the league - and it is good competition, is the ECNL competition the reason people want the patch and so put up with bucks? Does anyone have any insight as to why ECNL at bucks is so desirable?

Comment

I’m trying to understand how the patch at Bucks means anything? I get it at a club like PDA where the college commitments are plentiful and D1, but at Bucks the D1 college commitments are few and far between - even fewer if you take out St.Joes. The training and development at Bucks is not good at all, I know there is the exposure offered at the showcases but that exposure at least at Bucks is not translating to D1.

So do people just value the level of competition in the league - and it is good competition, is the ECNL competition the reason people want the patch and so put up with bucks? Does anyone have any insight as to why ECNL at bucks is so desirable?
            Because an ECNL and GDA patch are the best. FC Bucks just needs to make some changes and they will be back to where they were five or so years ago.

Comment

Because an ECNL and GDA patch are the best. FC Bucks just needs to make some changes and they will be back to where they were five or so years ago.
              Do you see any signs that things are changing? My kid is not on this team but on another bucks team and we are trying to decide if the patch at bucks is worth it? I am on this thread bc it seems to be the one with the most people reading and responding. I thought the survey was a good sign that they are at least looking for feedback, but I am trying to do research before tryouts so I can be informed. If things don’t change is the patch at bucks worth it?

Comment

Do you see any signs that things are changing? My kid is not on this team but on another bucks team and we are trying to decide if the patch at bucks is worth it? I am on this thread bc it seems to be the one with the most people reading and responding. I thought the survey was a good sign that they are at least looking for feedback, but I am trying to do research before tryouts so I can be informed. If things don’t change is the patch at bucks worth it?
                The patch is worth it. If you can play at PDA, SJEB, Penn Fusion, Cedar Stars or PA Classics move on to those clubs, but if not, there isn't an option any better in the area, it's all bad. I know that isn't saying much because FC Bucks are in a really bad place right now, but so are all the other clubs in the area.

Comment

The patch is worth it. If you can play at PDA, SJEB, Penn Fusion, Cedar Stars or PA Classics move on to those clubs, but if not, there isn't an option any better in the area, it's all bad. I know that isn't saying much because FC Bucks are in a really bad place right now, but so are all the other clubs in the area.
                  Match Fit are a better option than FC Bucks.

Comment

I get it so basically best of the worst in this area. Why exactly is the patch worth it - is it because the competition is so strong and for the exposure? Are there any other reasons besides those two? My kid still on the younger end was wondering if it would be better to try an edp club that offers a good coach, training and development then if things improve at bucks come back at some point.

Comment

I get it so basically best of the worst in this area. Why exactly is the patch worth it - is it because the competition is so strong and for the exposure? Are there any other reasons besides those two? My kid still on the younger end was wondering if it would be better to try an edp club that offers a good coach, training and development then if things improve at bucks come back at some point.
                      Bucks is the best in the area because of ecnl. Ecnl allows you to play the best teams on a daily basis. So yes great competition and exposure.

There are other good clubs (MF, pda, PF) but you will have to drive hours to which makes those clubs not worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Bucks is the best in the area because of ecnl. Ecnl allows you to play the best teams on a daily basis. So yes great competition and exposure.

There are other good clubs (MF, pda, PF) but you will have to drive hours to which makes those clubs not worth it in my opinion.
                        Yes not up for a long drive .

So basically I have to weigh whether the competition and exposure, travel and cost of ECNL at bucks out weighs possibly better training and development but with less travel and money at a non ECNL club. Tough decisions. Thanks!

Comment

Yes not up for a long drive .

So basically I have to weigh whether the competition and exposure, travel and cost of ECNL at bucks out weighs possibly better training and development but with less travel and money at a non ECNL club. Tough decisions. Thanks!
                          if they are at the age when exposure matters it might be worth it. If not, go with the better training and development. It's been proven that playing for Bucks doesn't result in div 1, so why spend time and money on that, when you could end up at the same college or level having played EDP for example

Comment

if they are at the age when exposure matters it might be worth it. If not, go with the better training and development. It's been proven that playing for Bucks doesn't result in div 1, so why spend time and money on that, when you could end up at the same college or level having played EDP for example
                            That’s what I can’t wrap my head around. Looking at the recent college commitments Bucks really doesn’t seem to be any better than a really good EDP team. I see some of the other ECNL clubs commitments (PDA, FC Stars, World Class) and I get why you would have your kid play ecnl for those. I guess people must think their kid will beat the odds at bucks and get the D1 commitment. I will have to honestly evaluate my kids potential and go from there. Does the club ever provide any insight into where they see your kid being able to play and is the club honest?

I can see why the club has trouble fielding teams at the top age groups bc if your kid isn’t playing D1 there is no reason to keep playing ECNL, and no incentive if you are on the team to keep traveling and paying money if you aren’t playing in college.

Comment

That’s what I can’t wrap my head around. Looking at the recent college commitments Bucks really doesn’t seem to be any better than a really good EDP team. I see some of the other ECNL clubs commitments (PDA, FC Stars, World Class) and I get why you would have your kid play ecnl for those. I guess people must think their kid will beat the odds at bucks and get the D1 commitment. I will have to honestly evaluate my kids potential and go from there. Does the club ever provide any insight into where they see your kid being able to play and is the club honest?

I can see why the club has trouble fielding teams at the top age groups bc if your kid isn’t playing D1 there is no reason to keep playing ECNL, and no incentive if you are on the team to keep traveling and paying money if you aren’t playing in college.
                              The past doesn’t always dictate the future. Plenty of bucks kids will play D1.

Comment

the competition is better, and no doubt the exposure is great. another poster was right in saying that FC Bucks could be good clubs again if they made some changes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X