Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Something tells me that if OPFC were to tangle with LAFC DA again, it would be closer to 7-0. TA has improved, OPFC (based on summer results) may have regressed.

That said, I suspect LAFC's 05s would beat an 04 all-star team from Oregon. They are a completely different level of competition, and I'm rather certain that at last year's Oceanside showcase they took their foot off the gas against quite a few of the lesser opponents they faced, including all from the Beaver State.
    Something tells me that you could be wrong or you could be right. Who knows? I can and will say this though, TA is just not a good team. Saying nothing about players individually, but as a team. They just aren't a good team. No amount of parent's coming on here and claiming their child is this, or this child is this, will change the facts. They do not function well as a team. Part of that may be coaching. Part of that may be culture. Part of that may be that therr are individuals too concerned with their own individual play. Or....it is just a mixture of all of the above. Whatever it is, it just comes down to them not being a good team. Is it because they are from Oregon? I really don't think so. What about OPFC? Are we to discount their results against California teams? Their record is far more impressive than TA or any other club from this area for that matter. But they are just a local club, right? How can it be that they have arguably played better than the MLS Academy team (I know TA parents will dispute this, and that is their right but they cannot dispute the facts and records)? Because they are a better team. A better fit of individuals. Their games are not always pretty, but they battle teams.

Comment

Something tells me that you could be wrong or you could be right. Who knows? I can and will say this though, TA is just not a good team. Saying nothing about players individually, but as a team. They just aren't a good team. No amount of parent's coming on here and claiming their child is this, or this child is this, will change the facts. They do not function well as a team. Part of that may be coaching. Part of that may be culture. Part of that may be that therr are individuals too concerned with their own individual play. Or....it is just a mixture of all of the above. Whatever it is, it just comes down to them not being a good team. Is it because they are from Oregon? I really don't think so. What about OPFC? Are we to discount their results against California teams? Their record is far more impressive than TA or any other club from this area for that matter. But they are just a local club, right? How can it be that they have arguably played better than the MLS Academy team (I know TA parents will dispute this, and that is their right but they cannot dispute the facts and records)? Because they are a better team. A better fit of individuals. Their games are not always pretty, but they battle teams.
      I don't really know how good of a "team" TA is, or how cohesive they are. My DS isn't there. It's probably a bit more of a "competitive" (in the sense that your teammates are rivals) environment than most clubs, but that's true any any level of professional soccer (and at any academy). And of course, the purpose of the Academy is not to win games but to develop talent (and this is true for LAFC), so there are probably lots of players there with their agendas, trying to outdo their teammates so they have a chair to sit on when the music stops.

As far as OPFC goes--they'are a team that has been together a long time. Overall, they almost certainly have less talent overall than TA (same for any club team), even if they probably have a few players who could or should be on the TA roster. They had a good year last year, but struggled in the summer, losing some 4-0 matches to some of the better WA teams. (Does that mean PacNW and Crossfire Premier are both better than LAFC? I rather doubt it). And they are a team that does depend a bit on physicality and hustle to win games, which works until they get picked apart by teams that can move the ball faster than any player can run. None of the local club competition can consistently play at that level, but LAFC certainly can. And to the extent that their physicality was aided by having lots of early bloomers on the roster, they might be looking at a tougher road to hoe even locally.

Will be interesting to see how OPFC do against ADF or Cuervos when winter league starts. Both play a VERY different game than any of last year's DA squads. There are credible reports that Cuervos is starting to clean up its act (their 05 coach got hit with a lengthy suspension and a sizeable fine apparently, and hasn't been seen on the sideline since); the past two weekends they were on their best behavior in matches against Westside and FC (both victories for the Crows, though both coming against opponents that were at far less than full strength--it's fall league, so results don't matter). OPFC, especially if they have few 8th graders on the roster, isn't missing anything by not doing fall soccer.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with grown men on an anonymous chatroom talking about young boys. Is there?
        It is weird but some people have nothing better to do with their time.

Comment

Chill, no need to be burning down the house!
          how did I get here?

Comment

David respectfully requests you don't use his copyrighted lyrics on some in-bred, anonymous chat room while talking about young boys with a bunch of other men.
            Nothing better than a little man on man convo about a heated topic. It’s hot.

Its it warm in here or is it just me?

Comment

PDXU 04 boys coach.
              He is the only coach in Portland that can develop players.

Comment

David respectfully requests you don't use his copyrighted lyrics on some in-bred, anonymous chat room while talking about young boys with a bunch of other men.
                Nothing wrong with man on man convo about young boys on anonymous chat room.

Comment

PDXU 04 boys coach.
                  Here, fishy fishy!

(He's a slightly more respectable MJ Tate. Give him a decade or so, he'll soon be a travelling carnie as well, looking for a soccer community in which he hasn't worn out his welcome to hawk his wares...)

Comment

Especially if those two men are beefy and take off their shirts.

Comment

Here, fishy fishy!

(He's a slightly more respectable MJ Tate. Give him a decade or so, he'll soon be a travelling carnie as well, looking for a soccer community in which he hasn't worn out his welcome to hawk his wares...)
                      Are we talking about Tim? If so you are crazy...

Comment

You guys need to get a room.

Comment

Alliance Showcase

Which teams from the '05s will be participating in the Alliance Showcase this December? Will this be the first opportunity for us to see these '05 boys play this Fall/Winter?

Comment

Creepy and disgusting.

Comment

PDXU 04 boys coach.
                              Is he the one that headbutted a ref? Can he develop them into MMA fighters?

Comment

Is he the one that headbutted a ref? Can he develop them into MMA fighters?
                                He's an amateur photographer, and an old-school guy that still uses film instead of digital. He takes photos of the kids (get your mind out of the gutter), and has a darkroom in his basement where he develops them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X