Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Many would counter that it was BC who got the overrated lucky one, albeit last year.
    Stars jealousy is the best kind. It usually leads to lots of comments and nastiness.

Comment

Stars gets you overrated and exposed as such later on .About it.

Comment

you do realize that media departments JOB is to create hype.
        Of course it is. But if a media department has to hype up an exhibition game, then it has a bigger hill to climb than one would think.

Comment

I can’t wait to see how PL will due at penn state her first season. Such an overrated player, not a great player just Lucky to be on the good side of coaching politics. Just trying to take the heat off of BC, haha!!
          Probably won't see much time especially in any meaningful games. The other former BC starter, SC, will be on the pitch a lot.

Comment

Stars jealousy is the best kind. It usually leads to lots of comments and nastiness.
            And that's just on the sidelines at the BC games with the parents. Horror show.

Comment

I can’t wait to see how PL will due at penn state her first season. Such an overrated player, not a great player just Lucky to be on the good side of coaching politics. Just trying to take the heat off of BC, haha!!
              Never has a player received so much hype for so little production.

Comment

Never has a player received so much hype for so little production.
                My D played with her for years. I'll admit there are times when PL seemed like just another player out there. There were other times when she would do stuff that no one else could do, so the talent is real. Lots of D1 programs want steady production, but the programs that want to play meaningful games in late November know that you need high end talent. She has more of it than the vast majority of players we saw.

I'm sure that your slightly slow, hard working D with the clunky first touch and the NPL level footskills will deliver solid, steady production for her school. Her coach will play her 20 minutes a game against the weaker teams on the schedule and praise her effort and consistency --- all the while wishing that a kid with real talent would arrive on campus.

Go ahead and root for PL to fail. Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

Comment

I asked about the game. From another state far away but dd is interested and has some interest in both BC and Colgate. Is BC really that political? Can someone inthe know give pros and cons of both BC and Colgate? We will have to travel far so trying to narrow down the east coast list.

Comment

I asked about the game. From another state far away but dd is interested and has some interest in both BC and Colgate. Is BC really that political? Can someone inthe know give pros and cons of both BC and Colgate? We will have to travel far so trying to narrow down the east coast list.
                    BC is that political. And Colgate has nothing around it. Don't waste time at either one.

Comment

My D played with her for years. I'll admit there are times when PL seemed like just another player out there. There were other times when she would do stuff that no one else could do, so the talent is real. Lots of D1 programs want steady production, but the programs that want to play meaningful games in late November know that you need high end talent. She has more of it than the vast majority of players we saw.

I'm sure that your slightly slow, hard working D with the clunky first touch and the NPL level footskills will deliver solid, steady production for her school. Her coach will play her 20 minutes a game against the weaker teams on the schedule and praise her effort and consistency --- all the while wishing that a kid with real talent would arrive on campus.

She's a descent player. I don't get the hate either.

Comment

And that's just on the sidelines at the BC games with the parents. Horror show.
                        Saw this on thread about these parents. Had to share. Classic.
                        "They are all the parents of the next greatest player you know. That's what they have been told/sold. And they will all wave at the coaches and AD too; not necessarily with all fingers up. Yep, so proud - The preparation-H section."

Comment

Not rooting for her to fail just realize she is destined to watch from the sidelines until she like most of her stars teammates realize they are way over their head and transfer somewhere where she will see the field.

Comment

BC is that political. And Colgate has nothing around it. Don't waste time at either one.
                            Colgate is a good school and she thinks it’s “pretty”....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Not rooting for her to fail just realize she is destined to watch from the sidelines until she like most of her stars teammates realize they are way over their head and transfer somewhere where she will see the field.
                              I don’t know who PL is, but what kind of person writes sh** like this? Wow. Takes some kind of special.

Comment

I don’t know who PL is, but what kind of person writes sh** like this? Wow. Takes some kind of special.
                                The latest unicorn to cross out of lovely New England into the dark remainder of the USA, in this case PSU. Some on this msg board like to punish such traitors.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X