Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that you mention it I did see an employee of Lucius Malfoy standing between the two sidelines
    Did you trick Lucius into giving poor Dobby a sock?

Comment

Did you trick Lucius into giving poor Dobby a sock?
      I don't speak nerd...

Comment

I don't speak nerd...
        It's in the same book/movie in which Lucius bribes Draco onto the Slytherin quidditch team. You should learn to speak some nerd, it pays well.

Comment

It's in the same book/movie in which Lucius bribes Draco onto the Slytherin quidditch team. You should learn to speak some nerd, it pays well.
          Okay buddy, keep telling yourself that. You are still on an anonymous site, talking not only about kids soccer, but children's books. Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better.

Comment

Okay buddy, keep telling yourself that. You are still on an anonymous site, talking not only about kids soccer, but children's books. Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better.
            Don't forget the showtune parodies!

Because I am on an anonymous site, I can get away with it. Not that there's anything wrong with any of it. And when I drop references to _Game of Thrones_, nobody seems to get them.

Comment

Adidas Beaverton Cup

There are three old Oregon DA teams in this. It will be interesting to see how the mix in with the team from Hawaii and the Cuervos

Comment

There are three old Oregon DA teams in this. It will be interesting to see how the mix in with the team from Hawaii and the Cuervos
                I'm anxious to see who shows up for FC. If it resembles last year's DA team, they are a threat to win. If it resembles the team that struggled to the podium at PCU last weekend, they will have a rough time.

Comment

I'm anxious to see who shows up for FC. If it resembles last year's DA team, they are a threat to win. If it resembles the team that struggled to the podium at PCU last weekend, they will have a rough time.
                  It also depends on whether or not Westside has ML & RF like they did at the Clash a couple of weekends ago.

Comment

It also depends on whether or not Westside has ML & RF like they did at the Clash a couple of weekends ago.
                    RF?

is that the other guest player that westside dad was referring to? That's like Dennis Rodman going to the Bulls.

Comment

RF?

is that the other guest player that westside dad was referring to? That's like Dennis Rodman going to the Bulls.
                      Yes!
                      The guest players were ML(formerly Westside) and RF(formerly FCP)!

Comment

RF left Fc Portland, went to Timbers Academy, and it now is playing at Westside?

Comment

RF left Fc Portland, went to Timbers Academy, and it now is playing at Westside?
                          Just guest-playing in summer tournaments. Still on TA. Apparently has a good relationship with SE, who coached at FC for a year. (And one of Steven's assistants is this year McMinnville legend Frankie Lopez, who I guess goes way back with RF).

And at Clash, RF was being RF, both good and bad. Got into a little feud with the Cuervos sideline, many of whom were taunting him--incorrectly--about getting cut from the Timbers. Since Cuervos is playing in Beaverton Cup, should be interesting.

But, kid can ball. Easily one of the cleverest 05s around, and talented as hell.

Comment

Got into a little feud with the Cuervos sideline, many of whom were taunting him--incorrectly--about getting cut from the Timbers. Since Cuervos is playing in Beaverton Cup, should be interesting.
                            Cuervos shouldn't be taunting anyone. They haven't been relevant for a while now. Our OYSA team saw them as a gimme win when they were on our schedule. A lot of noise, but not much else.

Also, if ML & RF were guesting for Westside at Clash, how in the world did they not score a single goal against Salmon Creek? 0-0 draw? Interesting....

Comment

Cuervos shouldn't be taunting anyone. They haven't been relevant for a while now. Our OYSA team saw them as a gimme win when they were on our schedule. A lot of noise, but not much else.

Also, if ML & RF were guesting for Westside at Clash, how in the world did they not score a single goal against Salmon Creek? 0-0 draw? Interesting....
                              ML wasn't at that game--and I suspect there was some energy conversation going on. WT only needed a tie, and got it. Evidently it worked, as they hoisted the Laser Engraved Log Slice™ the next day.

More generally, WT seems to have issues with big fast keepers. AK at FC Portland gives them fits (he used to play for Westside, so I'm sure he enjoys facing us), and Salmon Creek's keeper is just as big and nearly as skilled. (Why he isn't playing for WashT is an interesting question, if I might toss an M80 into the pond...)

Comment

More generally, WT seems to have issues with big fast keepers. AK at FC Portland gives them fits (he used to play for Westside, so I'm sure he enjoys facing us), and Salmon Creek's keeper is just as big and nearly as skilled. (Why he isn't playing for WashT is an interesting question, if I might toss an M80 into the pond...)
                                Boom! Poor guy will be languishing in the PSPL. But, hey, his GAA should be pretty good. Our OYSA team has played against him multiple times and he is the reason they stay close in their games. He'd often stop the 15-20 shots we'd get off on him. Usually, our boys have to work hard to get our 1 or 2 goals, if that.

Smart money says he moves to Harmony next year. They'll certainly have way more exposure to offer him. Assuming he'd be able to replace the current keeper at WaTimbers...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X