Confused on nescac recruiting timeline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We probably have more local kids playing for schools like URI, Sacred Heart, Fairfield and that ilk than we do the NESCACS and yet if you followed threads like this one it would lead you to believe all of their families are abject failures because their kids were successful at winning soccer scholarships. Imagine sending your child to such an undesirable college like one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We probably have more local kids playing for schools like URI, Sacred Heart, Fairfield and that ilk than we do the NESCACS and yet if you followed threads like this one it would lead you to believe all of their families are abject failures because their kids were successful at winning soccer scholarships. Imagine sending your child to such an undesirable college like one of them.
      Ok, so you know this is a NESCAC recruiting thread, right?? Hence the focus on NESCACs. If you want to talk D1 scholarships, this is not the thread for you!

Also not sure that your player count is accurate, but I'm not really interested in spending the time to check. The colleges you list are not undesirable colleges at all, but they would be considered safety schools for most students academically qualified for a NESCAC school. In most cases, it's not a "win" to earn a scholarship to a school that aligned with your goals.

Comment

Ok, so you know this is a NESCAC recruiting thread, right?? Hence the focus on NESCACs. If you want to talk D1 scholarships, this is not the thread for you!

Also not sure that your player count is accurate, but I'm not really interested in spending the time to check. The colleges you list are not undesirable colleges at all, but they would be considered safety schools for most students academically qualified for a NESCAC school. In most cases, it's not a "win" to earn a scholarship to a school that aligned with your goals.

fixing omitted words in above: it's not a win to earn a scholarship to a school that IS NOT aligned with your goals.

Comment

I F'in love BTDT, and the myriad other posters - myself included - that get called BTNT.
          Our own Capt Ahab combs TS in search of his White Whale. I chum the board with mildly dismissive posts about fake NLI signings, and statements like "Your kid won, but you lost" in reference to elite D3s and Pman goes into a frenzy. #AllDayFun

As far as serious posts related to NESCAC recruiting - here's 5 truths:
          1. You need club - NPL or higher to get any "support"
          2. Don't rush. Start Comms/Camps Soph, Pre-read as Junior, get Support July before Sr. Year
          3. Get Grades/SATs - Strong AI with above avg. soccer is better than opposite
          4. Ask Bluntly - Do not be shy. Ask exactly where you stand, and what support means
          5. Have a back-up - Rare, but it happens. Also why club is important. College coach fears Club blackball

Comment

This is truly weird, BTNT. You cry foul if we mention any of these schools as examples of schools that high D3 level kids might be offered and turn down, and indeed you have said such schools would never appear on the lists of said kids. Remember, YOU are the ISL parent. Now you're bringing these very schools up. Nothing wrong with any if the schools... remember, it's about FIT and a fitting BALANCE between academics and athletics.

Comment

I F'in love BTDT, and the myriad other posters - myself included - that get called BTNT.
              Our own Capt Ahab combs TS in search of his White Whale. I chum the board with mildly dismissive posts about fake NLI signings, and statements like "Your kid won, but you lost" in reference to elite D3s and Pman goes into a frenzy. #AllDayFun

As far as serious posts related to NESCAC recruiting - here's 5 truths:
              1. You need club - NPL or higher to get any "support"
              2. Don't rush. Start Comms/Camps Soph, Pre-read as Junior, get Support July before Sr. Year
              3. Get Grades/SATs - Strong AI with above avg. soccer is better than opposite
              4. Ask Bluntly - Do not be shy. Ask exactly where you stand, and what support means
              5. Have a back-up - Rare, but it happens. Also why club is important. College coach fears Club blackball
              LOL. So you know when the Pman posts but not when BTNT posts. As he would say, too funny.

Comment

It is rather interesting reading the same person posting their hatred of btdt and then responding to it as though there is some huge groundswell of emotion directed at the guy when you know it is the same pathetic individual posting non stop back and forth with himself. If you want to focus on mental health issues focus on how long that poor wretched soul has been ranting about btdt, it's been about a decade at this point. That is a picture of bitterness.
                That's the best you got, BTNT? Too, too funny. Please list the posts where you think I responded to myself, and also show me some of the alternate screen characters I've used over the years. And show me some of my wildly distorted, inaccurate posts as compared to your bizarre, grossly distorted and disparaging missives.

Comment

I would venture to say that some unknown international phenom showed up on the campus that they might get a tryout. Coaches at every level want talent on their teams and contrary to what the club soccer industry wants everyone to believe, aren't finicky about where it comes from. The key element is the ability level. If a freshman can prove that they belong, no coach is going to say no simply because their family didn't spend a small fortune on club soccer.
                  Most if not all NESCAC teams have a tryout in August for unrecruited players, several of them bring on players each year this way

Comment

LOL. So you know when the Pman posts but not when BTNT posts. As he would say, too funny.
                    Its easy because A) he calls out “BTNT” b) makes it personal and c) refers to posts from years ago. And the tell tale responses to his own posts. So, yeah, I know. if for some reason that isnt Pman, then lets call the BTNT chaser Ahab

Comment

Any Moby Dick reference is clearly BTDT. Who else does that??!

Appreciate the poster who enumerated the timeline. Thank you.

Comment

Its easy because A) he calls out “BTNT” b) makes it personal and c) refers to posts from years ago. And the tell tale responses to his own posts. So, yeah, I know. if for some reason that isnt Pman, then lets call the BTNT chaser Ahab
                        So you can or you can't identify BTNT's posts? I would be glad to help you out.

Comment

I think BTNT and the guy who keeps going off on BTNT are the same person. Some crazy has-been parent suffering from multiple personality disorder.

FYI, no one cares what either of you has to say.

Comment

PMan and his ilk and BTDT and his ilk are all F’IN NUTS!!! You ALL ruin every freaking thread. Get a life losers.

Comment

Any Moby Dick reference is clearly BTDT. Who else does that??!

Appreciate the poster who enumerated the timeline. Thank you.
                              I am BOTH of those posters.
                              As I said in timeline post, I like BTDT input - can't stand Ahab, tho. Dude's a waste of TS.
                              Would actually be funny if he said "Thar She Blows" instead of his whiny I see BTNT tirades.

Comment

I am BOTH of those posters.
                                As I said in timeline post, I like BTDT input - can't stand Ahab, tho. Dude's a waste of TS.
                                Would actually be funny if he said "Thar She Blows" instead of his whiny I see BTNT tirades.
                                LOL. "You" always show up at this point in the cycle....when the board swings heavily towards everyone figuring out exactly what BTNT is all about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X