Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may be right, I don't know. A lot of kids are D2/D3 talent though and a liberal arts school may not be the choice they are looking for. Considering about 2% go on to play college soccer, the number may be higher than you realize. Not always talent that makes that a choice. Desire also plays into it a lot as does their major.
    Maybe the B average students who will never have 1300 SATs have the easier time choosing to play at D2 schools.

Comment

UM - 53 nationally - Kudos to the U
      Stetson - not ranked nationally
      Rollins - not ranked nationally

That being said, nothing wrong getting pharmacy, PT, teaching degree or such locally it that is your goal. Lets just not get too carried away calling Stetson/Rollins "really good".
      https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...tDirection=asc

Comment

Maybe the B average students who will never have 1300 SATs have the easier time choosing to play at D2 schools.
        You would be surprised how many kids put playing in college ahead of their academics. Even those with very good grades and scores.

Comment

They don't come anywhere near U Miami.
          Problem is getting caught in the hype. Plenty of very successful alums from these institutions...talking about the smaller ones. Rankings are overrated. At the big state universities you are a number...class of 500 taught by a grad assistant...what is so great about that?

Comment

Seriously? Best Regional Colleges? That is your argument?

Comment

Problem is getting caught in the hype. Plenty of very successful alums from these institutions...talking about the smaller ones. Rankings are overrated. At the big state universities you are a number...class of 500 taught by a grad assistant...what is so great about that?
              Better schools offer more opportunities and higher salaries upon graduation and better chances getting into good grad school programs. To argue anything else is pointless unless you advocating you or your kid not getting into a better school.

Comment

Seriously? Best Regional Colleges? That is your argument?
                Seriously, Best national? Why not best in the world?

Comment

Better schools offer more opportunities and higher salaries upon graduation and better chances getting into good grad school programs. To argue anything else is pointless unless you advocating you or your kid not getting into a better school.
                  Look up Embry Riddle’s graduate salaries. Big names are not always better.

Comment

Embry Riddle is a STEM school. That is expected. It also private and cost $75K to go there without scholarship support. My son was accepted there and they offered $45K which was nice but still not realistic without loans.

Embry and FIT aside. The highest salaries in Florida are still UF, UM, FSU which to point have the highest number of STEM degrees available after Embry and FIT which are primarily STEM.

Comment

You would be surprised how many kids put playing in college ahead of their academics. Even those with very good grades and scores.
                      Yes but many aren’t FSU or UF bound and making the decision to play D2 is easier for them.

Comment

I believe the key term was "better" not "bigger". Embry is a nationally recognized and top 25 school for Aerospace. Sucks as business school but for rockets, jet propulsion and turbines, pretty much guaranteed a great job coming out. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Rolls Royce and Gulfsteam recruit very heavily there.

Comment

Seriously, Best national? Why not best in the world?
                          Oh gees, lets see. I can go to UF, FSU, UCF or Rollins. I'll go to Rollins.....said no one ever.
                          You go to Rollins because you can't get in anywhere else or perhaps play anywhere else if that is your priority.

Comment

Oh gees, lets see. I can go to UF, FSU, UCF or Rollins. I'll go to Rollins.....said no one ever.
                            You go to Rollins because you can't get in anywhere else or perhaps play anywhere else if that is your priority.
                            What a dolt...Rollins is a GREAT school, UCF is and always has been a joke. FSU is best known for football and being a circus college!

Comment

These posts sound like excuses. All my kids and their friends (even the smart idiots I thought would bomb once the got into college) got accepted and are flourishing. Engineers - various programs, Bio-chem for pre med, law and some landing internships. Must be who your kids run with because all I see is success for kids who prepared. Arrogant professors or not.

This year, my daughter along with her friends have all been accepted with UF being a safe school for a few of them if their stretches don't come through or are too expensive if accepted. There is no reason a college should not be accepting the brightest kids they can.
                              Lots of B student frat boy transfers waiting for those freshman girls. UF will provide an education.

Comment

Yes but many aren’t FSU or UF bound and making the decision to play D2 is easier for them.
                                There are also schools outside of Florida. My personal opinion is that too many parents let their kids slide through high school, and pretend that fun stuff like soccer is somehow going to get a kid into a better college, or pay for a college. Its not. At the end of high school they come onto this board and pretend that their kid getting into a second tier school is just as good. Its not. Focus on academics first and foremost, and if necessary to the extent of everything else. Every kid who works at it can be an "A" student.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X