Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not perfect but not bad for a prediction made with very little thought given back on 8/19.
    Not bad. Just take out Tualatin and add Clackamas and Moutainside

Comment

Not bad. Just take out Tualatin and add Clackamas and Moutainside
      I have seen Clackamas play (they are a very senior laden team)---lots of years playing together. They play physical and there are a couple of bigger girls on that team too. That bodes well for this year but maybe rebuilding next year.
      Same for Mountainside (very young, sophomore laden team) but that is due to the fact that the school is only 2 years old.

So, you have a LOT of experience and playoff soccer with Clackamas' roster and a young/hungry team with Mountainside---maybe too naïve to know what they don't know.

Sometimes playoff soccer is about getting hot at the right time, gaining some confidence and of course 1-2 lucky bounces or breaks in a game.

If I was picking a final 4 right now:

Jesuit
      West Linn
      Clackamas

4th team will be a sleeper/surprise team like a Glencoe/Tualatin/Summit/maybe Sherwood or someone that comes through and catches a couple of teams by surprise. I don't think it will be Mountainside and I do not think it will be Sunset either....

Comment

I have seen Clackamas play (they are a very senior laden team)---lots of years playing together. They play physical and there are a couple of bigger girls on that team too. That bodes well for this year but maybe rebuilding next year.
        Same for Mountainside (very young, sophomore laden team) but that is due to the fact that the school is only 2 years old.

So, you have a LOT of experience and playoff soccer with Clackamas' roster and a young/hungry team with Mountainside---maybe too naïve to know what they don't know.

Sometimes playoff soccer is about getting hot at the right time, gaining some confidence and of course 1-2 lucky bounces or breaks in a game.

If I was picking a final 4 right now:

Jesuit
        West Linn
        Clackamas

4th team will be a sleeper/surprise team like a Glencoe/Tualatin/Summit/maybe Sherwood or someone that comes through and catches a couple of teams by surprise. I don't think it will be Mountainside and I do not think it will be Sunset either....
        What do you mean by lots of playoff experience with Clackamas?

They typically lose early and 5 of their players played DA last year.

Jesuit does not have a ton of experience either. With the exception of a few players, most were not impact players last year.

Comment

So I just set up some scenarios to run through probabilities using strength of schedule and wins/losses and analyzed projected game match ups for the entire playoff bracket.

My most likely final four:

West Linn
          Clackamas
          Jesuit
          Glencoe

Glencoe is the only wild card. Based on my guess of who they match up with I think they pull a quarterfinal upset and advance.

West Linn v Jesuit should be the final game. West Linn probably has the best chance of holding off Jesuit of any team in the state. Prediction for the final: Jesuit 2-0 West Linn.

Comment

So I just set up some scenarios to run through probabilities using strength of schedule and wins/losses and analyzed projected game match ups for the entire playoff bracket.

My most likely final four:

West Linn
            Clackamas
            Jesuit
            Glencoe

Glencoe is the only wild card. Based on my guess of who they match up with I think they pull a quarterfinal upset and advance.

West Linn v Jesuit should be the final game. West Linn probably has the best chance of holding off Jesuit of any team in the state. Prediction for the final: Jesuit 2-0 West Linn.
            Glencoe will be in the finals. They have one of the best offensive players in the system and a strong defense.

West Linn or Clackamas will lose early.

Comment

Glencoe will be in the finals. They have one of the best offensive players in the system and a strong defense.

That settles it ladies and gentlemen, Glencoe mom thinks they will be in the finals, which means they will likely beat Jesuit in the semis. Place your bets now.

Comment

That settles it ladies and gentlemen, Glencoe mom thinks they will be in the finals, which means they will likely beat Jesuit in the semis. Place your bets now.
                Why would you think Glencoe will be on Jesuit's side of the bracket?

If they end up on the West Linn or Clackamas side, they will be in the Finals.

Glencoe is better than both West Linn and Clackamas in a tournament environment. How Clackamas done in the tournament the last 3 years.

Comment

Why would you think Glencoe will be on Jesuit's side of the bracket?

If they end up on the West Linn or Clackamas side, they will be in the Finals.

Glencoe is better than both West Linn and Clackamas in a tournament environment. How Clackamas done in the tournament the last 3 years.
                  Thanks Mom!

Comment

Thanks Mom!
                    From Clackamas Dad

Comment

From Clackamas Dad

It's getting warm in here.

Comment

It's getting warm in here.
                        I see it as only 3 teams have any chance of winning this year.
                        Jesuit
                        West Linn
                        Clackamas
                        These teams have the best mix of depth, experience, talent, size and speed.
                        Obviously probably Jesuit has the best chance, but I wouldn't count out the other 2.

Comment

Looks like you think this is still 2017. It's 2018

Comment

There are some good individual defenders that can pull a damper on the best offensive players, so hopefully you have some depth and other options if you want to win five games into the playoffs.

Comment

Looks like you think this is still 2017. It's 2018
                              2017, 2016, 2015

Lots of playoff experience losing in the 1st round.

Comment

There are some good individual defenders that can pull a damper on the best offensive players, so hopefully you have some depth and other options if you want to win five games into the playoffs.
                                Is that what happened to Clackamas when they lost to Tualatin the last two years and Forest Grove the year before that?

Why are you even counting 5 games when you can't get past 1?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X