Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ? so is mine. you don't seem to understand that working for free is illegal in the US as far as labor laws. So, the comparison about unpaid internship has little value. Wait a minute, I guess my grad degree is worth more than your GED (good enough degree). Sorry.
    More like an extra curricular activity compared to a part time job. D1/D2 kids on scholarship get their educations substantially paid for by playing soccer. With D3 parents have to pay the fteight while their kids distract themselves. It’s not real serious soccer at that level. What does the average coach of a top D3 program get paid? Is it even a full time job? At D1/D2 it sure is.

Comment

Why do people think you are playing tuition? You could have a very nice academic package (maybe even better then their soccer players received). The tunnel vision on this forum is scary.
      Apples to oranges. Merit isn’t tied to soccer and basically could be gotten without it at some other school.

Comment

Typical face saving statement. Could have but chose not to. Really, who buys that crap these days?
        I don't understand your statement. My kid IS playing; DI; multiple offers and very good packages $$$, including P5, ivy, etc. Are you high? It is MASS and legal now.

Comment

You continue to miss the point. Of course financial aid is widely available. For many people, the key financial analysis is based on the net cost of college.

Agreed, my niece did not have top 20 team coaches chasing her. But, not, she did not just walk on. She used her soccer playing ability to get onto the coach's list. There were several Ivy coaches interested in her. Although a strong student, her guidance counselor said she was not a lock, but the soccer made a difference.

My sister feels like she won the brass ring. Daughter at an Ivy school for very short dollars. Sounds pretty good to me. But, to each his or her own.
          BS. Anyone who knows anything about how the Ivies operate knows that this is a lie.

Comment

Apples to oranges. Merit isn’t tied to soccer and basically could be gotten without it at some other school.
            Why? It's money. And the reason the merit/academic money was as generous was because the soccer coaches wanted. You do understand that happens, right? Debt or lack there is the same.

Comment

More like an extra curricular activity compared to a part time job. D1/D2 kids on scholarship get their educations substantially paid for by playing soccer. With D3 parents have to pay the fteight while their kids distract themselves. It’s not real serious soccer at that level. What does the average coach of a top D3 program get paid? Is it even a full time job? At D1/D2 it sure is.
              Who let the dogs out? I love it when people make broad statements that really have no clue about the subject they are preaching. Are you a politician? You sound like it. #braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Keep telling yourself that. Even the best D3 programs would be hard pressed to put more than a kid or two on anything more than the bench in a low level D1 program. After the freshman year there is no shot of even that. Scholarship money and way better soccer makes it a no brainer decision in most households.
                Every D3 player, touting its advantages, went to D1 camps and got no traction. There are kids starting on D3 teams that didn’t make their club’s top teams or were cut.

Comment

Every D3 player, touting its advantages, went to D1 camps and got no traction. There are kids starting on D3 teams that didn’t make their club’s top teams or were cut.
                  The word every is an absolute. My kid had D1 offers as well and knew she would not be able to juggle the demands.

Comment

The bitterness really shows up when former club teammates/opponents are having success and their teams are being talked about while their D3 kid is farting away in obscurity. Sux to sum.
                    Or posers that moved from D3, make these and other vile posts still and while in club. These and others have all your watermarks calling out other players. And still under the illusion that their kid can play. Yes, we have been posting too and not in obscurity. Cheers.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite. Realistically, how many Mass men and women are getting significant dollars (one half scholarship or more) each year to play? A dozen men and 3 dozen women? If that?

For most, the athletic scholarship is a fools errand, a search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

But if your kid is the winner, congrats.
                      ok, so why do 1000s spend fortunes travellinng the country vs playing locally and putting the money saved in a 529 ?

Comment

ok, so why do 1000s spend fortunes travellinng the country vs playing locally and putting the money saved in a 529 ?
                        Because that is what you have to do. What a racquet. And we, the parents, allow it to occur.

Comment

Boom!! Mic drop!

Comment

Or posers that moved from D3, make these and other vile posts still and while in club. These and others have all your watermarks calling out other players. And still under the illusion that their kid can play. Yes, we have been posting too and not in obscurity. Cheers.
                            Does this make any sense? Talk about the effects of inbreeding.

Comment

The word every is an absolute. My kid had D1 offers as well and knew she would not be able to juggle the demands.
                              Depending on the major, it can be nearly impossible to juggle the course requirements, travel, labs, and getting in work outs, film study, etc. Not all conferences bring in kids early to be able to take min required classes in season.
                              It is a lot.

Comment

So why exactly are you posting in a D1 thread and therefore derailing the discussion?

there are countless threads on this board repeating this exact argument. You have a plethora of choices.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X