Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son thought the same thing because his DA coaches told him for years how bad high school soccer was. He smartened up his senior year and played for his school. They won a state championship. He said it was the best thing he ever did.

Our high school team would give any club team in MA a run for their money, including DA.
    I played on a state championship team in HS (a long long time ago). I see what my son gets to do in DA and it doesn’t even compare. He plays all over the country/World, plays with equally committed players, making lots of friends even from other teams while they travel. There are plenty of kids/ friends he played with in club soccer on the HS team that are totally gealous. No regrets at all!

Comment

Your way isn't the only way.

The "homegrown" hasn't exactly worked out thus far. He should have gone to college.

Several of those kids listed aren't MA players. If we opened up GPS non-MA commits the Revs would look even more insignificant.

Every time some dope uses the RC commitment to Princeton as a Revs commit I have to laugh. It reflects the desperation of the program more than just about any other indicator.
      Back this up. He's highly rated and not college material. How is it that super-elites are trying to corner pro markets and college? Some people DONT want to go to college. They WANT to be pros. This kid and Fagundez are prime examples. Also what makes Europe and Brazil so successful.

Comment

A handful didn't bother with due diligence, happens every year. Wait three months for the "*** have we done???" posts.
        Kids who haven't been cut are invested in the REvs training and team mates. They've made their choice. Bolts players are just training to get recruited by Revs. None turn it down.

Those let go come here to gripe. Move on with your lives already.

Comment

Kids who haven't been cut are invested in the REvs training and team mates. They've made their choice. Bolts players are just training to get recruited by Revs. None turn it down.

The Revs 04 team would look totally different if all the Bolts hadn't turned down the Revs. Those Revs 04 parents should thank the Bolts kids for not taking their kids' spots.

Comment

Back this up. He's highly rated and not college material. How is it that super-elites are trying to corner pro markets and college? Some people DONT want to go to college. They WANT to be pros. This kid and Fagundez are prime examples. Also what makes Europe and Brazil so successful.
            He's played 62 minutes since signing his homegrown contract in 2015. Any other questions?

Comment

He's played 62 minutes since signing his homegrown contract in 2015. Any other questions?
              He is playing soccer for a living as a very young man. How do you think that is?
              Sounds good to me.

Comment

My son thought the same thing because his DA coaches told him for years how bad high school soccer was. He smartened up his senior year and played for his school. They won a state championship. He said it was the best thing he ever did.

Our high school team would give any club team in MA a run for their money, including DA.
                Sad. Any HS team in MA would be anihilated by any DA team. Double digits at least.

Comment

Almost NONE turn it down. Truth!

Comment

He is playing soccer for a living as a very young man. How do you think that is?
                    Sounds good to me.
                    The best argument for him turning pro is that he would have gotten cut from a college team and lost his scholarship anyway.

Comment

The best argument for him turning pro is that he would have gotten cut from a college team and lost his scholarship anyway.
                      Someone said that, seriously? That's a very mean spirited argument. I'm sure he's thrilled he passed up a college education so he can ride the bench as a "pro."

Comment

Sounds good to me.
                        I'm sure it seems great to a young kid, but he isn't making MLB/NBA/NFL money. Have you not seen the stories of former players making millions that end up broke?

His base salary is $68,906.25 and he's guaranteed total compensation of $83,906.25 in 2018.

Does the Revolution provide a 401k plan? Health insurance? I have no idea, but that would be very helpful for someone making this type of money.

He doesn't appear to be a phenom, so what's the end game? Even Diego needs to figure out what he's going to do after playing because he's making less than my household income and living in MA is expensive.

I'm all for people living their dreams, but eventually the dream has to end. If you don't plan for that you're in deep trouble.

Most young kids don't plan like that. The difference is that most other young kids have a college degree in hand, or have learned a trade. They have work experience applicable to the real world. Being a professional soccer player doesn't open all that many doors.

Comment

So Kraft and his ownership groping is investing in Sevilla but can't put any money into the Revs or the academy team. That's priceless

Comment

I'm sure it seems great to a young kid, but he isn't making MLB/NBA/NFL money. Have you not seen the stories of former players making millions that end up broke?

His base salary is $68,906.25 and he's guaranteed total compensation of $83,906.25 in 2018.

Does the Revolution provide a 401k plan? Health insurance? I have no idea, but that would be very helpful for someone making this type of money.

He doesn't appear to be a phenom, so what's the end game? Even Diego needs to figure out what he's going to do after playing because he's making less than my household income and living in MA is expensive.

I'm all for people living their dreams, but eventually the dream has to end. If you don't plan for that you're in deep trouble.

Most young kids don't plan like that. The difference is that most other young kids have a college degree in hand, or have learned a trade. They have work experience applicable to the real world. Being a professional soccer player doesn't open all that many doors.
                            Seriously! He can always go back to school when/if it doesn’t work out. With a nice bank account to boot!
                            Doing the 9-5 thing can wait in my opinion. I would jump at the chance to play a game I love for a living. No matter how long it lasts.

Comment

Seriously! He can always go back to school when/if it doesn’t work out. With a nice bank account to boot!
                              Doing the 9-5 thing can wait in my opinion. I would jump at the chance to play a game I love for a living. No matter how long it lasts.
                              Most kids aren't exactly good at saving money.

Most athletes are even worse at it.

How were his grades?

Going back to school isn't as easy as you make it sound.

Going to school when they wanted him to play soccer probably would have gained him entrance to a school beyond what he can expect to attend years from now.

This story probably won't end as well as it could of had he gone to college when he was supposed to.

Comment

Most kids aren't exactly good at saving money.

Most athletes are even worse at it.

How were his grades?

Going back to school isn't as easy as you make it sound.

Going to school when they wanted him to play soccer probably would have gained him entrance to a school beyond what he can expect to attend years from now.

This story probably won't end as well as it could of had he gone to college when he was supposed to.
                                He can go to school at any time. He can chose whatever type of training he wants. So what if he can’t play soccer in college. He can finish in 3 years. Done.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X