Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm contemplating numerous academies for my son. I went down to where SUSA trains at the Baymen Soccer Fields in Sayville (before the snow). For one, all the money that goes for registration and there is no lights! With older players and after school activities, how can they run an academy off of those fields? Secondly, I saw of group of players (20 or more), with only 1 Trainer. That is a horrible ratio. I even asked a parent if that was an academy team and they advised "yes". Maybe when they open this new complex it will be better. Until than I will move on!
    They will bring portable lights at Baymen also they will be training in Commack at Jewish Y will have lights.

Comment

They will bring portable lights at Baymen also they will be training in Commack at Jewish Y will have lights.
      Jewish Y? OMG that is worse than an elementary school.

Comment

Wait to you see where Barca is practicing. Turf conditions that can cause havoc on players legs.

Comment

What about Barca? I think everyone knows where Barca is training due to the latest comic strip. lol!

Comment

Wait to you see where Barca is practicing. Turf conditions that can cause havoc on players legs.
            It's funny how that was a great facility while it was a BOTN sponsor ...

Comment

It's funny how that was a great facility while it was a BOTN sponsor ...
              Have you ever played in the back yard? It’s comparable to Eisenhower dirt fields.

Comment

Have you ever played in the back yard? It’s comparable to Eisenhower dirt fields.
                I don't particularly like the place. I just find it funny that it goes from bad to awesome to bad based on whether LM is cashing checks from them or not.

Comment

It is only for training. Did they start work on the complex yet?????

Comment

No. And when it is done it will be a fraction of what it is suppose to be. Same will go for Barca complex. Politicians have been and will become more involved and ruin the final product, as always happens.

Comment

No. And when it is done it will be a fraction of what it is suppose to be. Same will go for Barca complex. Politicians have been and will become more involved and ruin the final product, as always happens.
                      Don’t blame the pols, blame a crappy business with unpredictable revenue streams. How do you match a multi-decade liability with that? Bad investment period.

Comment

Don’t blame the pols, blame a crappy business with unpredictable revenue streams. How do you match a multi-decade liability with that? Bad investment period.
                        It is definitely a high risk project. With the volatility in youth sports and things change so much from year to year, this is definitely risky.

Comment

Trust me, it was a smart investment and holding...

Comment

Trust me, it was a smart investment and holding...
                            Actually no and the new tax law curtailed the use of private activity bonds which I am sure he was counting on. As I have said for a while this will be massively scaled back and developed very slowly if ever.

It’s dead money unless those with a stake have become philanthropists.

Comment

Drove by last week and not an ounce of dirt has been moved. Still baseball backstops and weeds up to your knees.

Comment

Drove by yesterday. Still not an ounce of dirt moved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X