X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Supposed to warm up tomorrow, no?
    Supposed to, but the way they've been canceling school and closing fields I think if they see 7 flakes fall tonight they're dumping the schedule :-D

Comment

Supposed to, but the way they've been canceling school and closing fields I think if they see 7 flakes fall tonight they're dumping the schedule :-D
      You may not know this, but Oregon snow is the worst!
      I would be way better snow if the flakes weren’t so spread out over the city.

Comment

*spits coffee on to laptop* :-D

Comment

BSC 6 ET 0
          BSC will have top scoring player by end of season.
          I hope this is a joke.

Comment

Day made. Thank you anonymous poster!

Comment

I thought they were all at Crossfire... 😁

Comment

Well no cancelation notices, time to turn in...ah, who am I kidding, I'm watching the USA go for gold in curling!!! USA USA USA!

Comment

I thought they were all at Crossfire... 😁
                  And FC & Westside

Comment

And FC & Westside
                    And Vantucky, and BSC

Comment

And Vantucky, and BSC
                      See, they are too spread out!

Comment

FCP 2, Westside 0
                        Final from Mt View Champions Park

Comment

FCP 2, Westside 0
                          Final from Mt View Champions Park
                          An entertaining game. FC was missing #91, but everyone else was there for FC; I think one starter was missing for WT as well.

In the first half, Westside came out firing on all cylinders, dominating possession for the first 15 minutes or so, getting several good chances, but not able to convert any. FC tried a few long through balls early, but was caught offside several times, eventually possession started to even off. FC had a good chance to score midway through the first on a breakaway, but a Westside centerback tackled FC's forward in the box. The FC sideline howled for a penalty, but none was called. Eventually FC would break through late in the first half, converting on a cornerkick.

In the second half, both teams started subbing players in, and FC had the better of possession. WT had two good chances to score, one on a breakaway that went wide, and another on a shot that went through the keeper's hands and off the crossbar. Midway through, FC added a second goal after a botched clearance. Late in the second half, FC's big forward got booked for bowling over WT's keeper; that was the only extra-curricular activity of note.

Cony apparently forgot the DA substitution rules, in particular the rule that you only get three substitution opportunities in the game--a fourth substitution attempt was denied by the referee.

On the plus side for Westside--WT used a flat back four rather than a diamond backfield (no sweeper) and it worked well; FC's strikers were kept in check. FC likes to play it over the top, and even without #91 in the roster, their forwards are big, fast, skilled, and physical. On the minus side--finishing is STILL a big problem for this team. FC likes to pack the box on defense and has a big and fast keeper, so being able to get off a good shot quickly is an essential skill. Westside was able to get the ball down in FC's area many times, especially in the first half, but still failed to score.

WT faces CFC tomorrow down in Salem, FC is done for the weekend.

Comment

Farmers 4, F-Bombs 3

Comment

Farmers 4, F-Bombs 3
                              Not familiar with nicknames, who?

Comment

Not familiar with nicknames, who?
                                Farmers = 4H
                                F-bombs = ADF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X