X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can't be any worse than what's on the rosters this year at OCDA
    Selling point! Only the location will be new.

Comment

agree - sad that our parents are such a miserable group

Not sad and not miserable... just tired of being kept in the dark, being told lies and having this dumped on us 1/2 way thru season. Again could have been handled so much better, we as parents shouldn’t have to go to forums to get info...

Comment

not a requirement but you still have to maintain a 2.5 GPA. This will be interesting to say the least
        2.5?? That's pretty low actually.

Comment

2.5?? That's pretty low actually.
          That opens the door for a lot of out-of-country kids!

Comment

That opens the door for a lot of out-of-country kids!
            Keep being blind . Unfortunetly education outside USA rates better.

Comment

funny...reading all of the comments from parents on this thread is exactly what they spoke about last night as being a major problem - all negative and nothing good to say. All I see here is complaining and nonsense...exactly what will be cleaned up with this move to Mv. BRAVO OC for taking this step. Those of you who have nothing good to say I'm sure will find yourselves somewhere else as you obviously do not understand what this means and it will only hurt your kid. I love this change
              YES Bravo OC for selling out your players for breaking promises and killing off the dream of local players playing for DA and eventually the Pro club. You recall the Pyramid that factual Phil and the rest of the snake oil salesman were selling.

OC sells out players and you say BRAVO. This is hog wash at the very least

Comment

We never drank the OC kool aid and my kids don't play DA.

In the end this will be better for the pro team. If you are honest, OCYS had a massive opportunity to build an amazing DA. They however failed miserably. Sure many kids were on DA and many more were on teams with cool names such as " pre USMNT" Pre "usl .all star" Pre DA and Pre ECNL. Those teams sounded a lot better than the previous Purple 1 and Purple 2

I would imagine there are a lot of families that will struggle getting kids to a complete other side of town by 5:30. I would not be surprised if many families bought houses in the Sylvan/Seminole area to be close to their training. I feel sorry for those families for which the travel will be terrible. If my kids club shifted training to a location more than an hour from the current location I would certainly be pissed.

SIMA has some amazing kids playing soccer for them. I would be surprised if there are more than 6 current OCYS players on each DA team next year. That does not mean the other kids are not super talented it just means that the kids on scholarship at Mont Verde are much much hungrier. While ECNL will be viewed as a step down from the DA if the rest of the kids joined ECNL OCYS will probably have the strongest ECNL team in the southeast. ECNL has long been a way for college scholarships.

Again if my kid were on the team i would be furious that they shift training an hour away. I would also probably feel betrayed that what felt like a home grown talent pool is going to be replaced by an academy that has arguably the most successful soccer program inhouse with more than 80 intl players on scholarship. I would also be bummed that the days of my kid being on DA might be at an end.

From a business standpoint I can't argue with it...

Comment

We never drank the OC kool aid and my kids don't play DA.

In the end this will be better for the pro team. If you are honest, OCYS had a massive opportunity to build an amazing DA. They however failed miserably. Sure many kids were on DA and many more were on teams with cool names such as " pre USMNT" Pre "usl .all star" Pre DA and Pre ECNL. Those teams sounded a lot better than the previous Purple 1 and Purple 2

I would imagine there are a lot of families that will struggle getting kids to a complete other side of town by 5:30. I would not be surprised if many families bought houses in the Sylvan/Seminole area to be close to their training. I feel sorry for those families for which the travel will be terrible. If my kids club shifted training to a location more than an hour from the current location I would certainly be pissed.

SIMA has some amazing kids playing soccer for them. I would be surprised if there are more than 6 current OCYS players on each DA team next year. That does not mean the other kids are not super talented it just means that the kids on scholarship at Mont Verde are much much hungrier. While ECNL will be viewed as a step down from the DA if the rest of the kids joined ECNL OCYS will probably have the strongest ECNL team in the southeast. ECNL has long been a way for college scholarships.

Again if my kid were on the team i would be furious that they shift training an hour away. I would also probably feel betrayed that what felt like a home grown talent pool is going to be replaced by an academy that has arguably the most successful soccer program inhouse with more than 80 intl players on scholarship. I would also be bummed that the days of my kid being on DA might be at an end.

From a business standpoint I can't argue with it...
                  Easy come easy go. They say when you earn something you take care of it you cherish it.

OC ownership group did not earn the following

1- Boys DA
                  2- A youth club
                  3-Girls ECNL

OC was given these items by another club that earned those very leagues with years of work and development of players. So easy come easy go. OC ownership does NOT care. Here you go MVA. It’s the best choice for us now. We needed these things like a club, and DA for MLS but now that we have it we don’t care since we didn’t earn it. Now you say, hey kids just stay at OC and Play ECNL. The same rats that could not care less about us and sold us out that could not develop us. You must be either stupid or uniformed

Comment

Easy come easy go. They say when you earn something you take care of it you cherish it.

1- Boys DA
                    2- A youth club
                    3-Girls ECNL

OC was given these items by another club that earned those very leagues with years of work and development of players. So easy come easy go. OC ownership does NOT care. Here you go MVA. It’s the best choice for us now. We needed these things like a club, and DA for MLS but now that we have it we don’t care since we didn’t earn it. Now you say, hey kids just stay at OC and Play ECNL. The same rats that could not care less about us and sold us out that could not develop us. You must be either stupid or uniformed

Well said! And the truth will set you FREE

Comment

Well said! And the truth will set you FREE
                      The ocys parents until this week would swear ocys was the only pace to play.

These clubs don’t care about the kids it is all about the monwy

Comment

1- Boys DA
                        2- A youth club
                        3-Girls ECNL

OC didn’t steal the leagues. They bought clubs and merged them. The clubs didn’t have to sell out.

Comment

Oc doesn’t value what would make their club great. How do you get rid of USL? It should be the base of the pro team. The academy move to Monteverde could be a good thing. They have the facilities but use African players to win their league. Now the club will have only foreigners and no Americans. It isn’t what I thought development academy would be. Also I would guess the paying school players will get the pick over kids not at school. Will see how that sits with the talking soccer crowd.

Comment

Oc doesn’t value what would make their club great. How do you get rid of USL? It should be the base of the pro team. The academy move to Monteverde could be a good thing. They have the facilities but use African players to win their league. Now the club will have only foreigners and no Americans. It isn’t what I thought development academy would be. Also I would guess the paying school players will get the pick over kids not at school. Will see how that sits with the talking soccer crowd.
                            People: Go read the rules on clearance of international players to play DA. You cannot simply stock a roster with a bunch of African kids and be done with it. The chances those kids could get clearance to play DA is very, very small.

Comment

People: Go read the rules on clearance of international players to play DA. You cannot simply stock a roster with a bunch of African kids and be done with it. The chances those kids could get clearance to play DA is very, very small.
                              exactly right. see here. International kids who came to MV to play soccer and go to school don't qualify for no. 1. See all of the American and none EU passport kids who have been kicked out of European academies (i.e., Ben Lederman):

Minors International Clearance Process
                              Any player under the age of 18 who is not eligible for the Prior to 10 clearance method will be required to go through the FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) in order to obtain their international transfer clearance.

FIFA's Regulations state that international transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18. However, there are three exceptions to the rule:

The player's parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons not linked to soccer.

The transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union.

The player lives outside the country, but no further than 50km from a national border. In addition, the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the neighboring association is also within 50km of that border.

U.S. Soccer can use exceptions No. 1 and No. 3, as the second exception deals only with players in Europe. The documentation listed below is required in order to prove a minor player qualifies for this process.

Comment

To the point earlier, the u19 will now be all African at Monteverde. They have a complete team waiting. Then as many as are there in student visas, will easily get clearance and now the us national teams development academy is now an overseas development academy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X