Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't get this at all. We have played Washington twice....summer and October. Both times, their sideline has been just fine. They understand etiquette and stay on their side. Never heard anything. Negative, or disparaging towards our kids or parents. Seriously, I believe all of the "Vantucky" comments, and hatred towards W*T*F*C is coming from that Westside Dad who keeps blasting the team manager for them. Let it go Westside. For all of us....

-Xfire parent
    Westside parent who once blasted WashT's team manager--wasn't me. I try to avoid saying "Vantucky", and I've been staying out of this week's FC/WashT flamewar.

Though it amuses me to see a few FC honks here playing the "we used our bench in the second half and got flattened" card, when y'all ridiculed us for playing the same card last weekend.

It's DA. Sometimes that happens. Don't worry so much about the results. There's no State Cup at stake; just enjoy the games.

Comment

Westside parent who once blasted WashT's team manager--wasn't me. I try to avoid saying "Vantucky", and I've been staying out of this week's FC/WashT flamewar.

Though it amuses me to see a few FC honks here playing the "we used our bench in the second half and got flattened" card, when y'all ridiculed us for playing the same card last weekend.

It's DA. Sometimes that happens. Don't worry so much about the results. There's no State Cup at stake; just enjoy the games.
      And I have no problems with WT FC, for what it's worth. It's a fine club and one I respect tremendously.

Comment

4H 2, ETFC 2. Eugene fails in bid to win fall league, will do no better than 2nd.

Comment

I don't get this at all. We have played Washington twice....summer and October. Both times, their sideline has been just fine. They understand etiquette and stay on their side. Never heard anything. Negative, or disparaging towards our kids or parents. Seriously, I believe all of the "Vantucky" comments, and hatred towards W*T*F*C is coming from that Westside Dad who keeps blasting the team manager for them. Let it go Westside. For all of us....

-Xfire parent
          I am not WT, but also think the Washington Timbers parents need a lesson on good sportsmanship. Just look at some of the past posts on this forum. They have consistently been rude and demeaning. I have not been too impressed with their sideline over celebrating and puffing their chests, like their kid is playing in the World cup. Their coach seems to be solid.

Comment

I am not WT, but also think the Washington Timbers parents need a lesson on good sportsmanship. Just look at some of the past posts on this forum. They have consistently been rude and demeaning. I have not been too impressed with their sideline over celebrating and puffing their chests, like their kid is playing in the World cup. Their coach seems to be solid.
            Okay, so the kids are puffing out their chests and celebrating. I saw that as well. Where did they learn this from? Watching soccer. I hope you also noticed that they celebrate as a team while they are puffing out their chests. I am just saying, they are on top and I can't think of anything bad to say about them other than we tied them. They can be beat, but they make it very difficult to do so. They have great energy, effort and most importantly chemistry. That is why I do believe they would win 6 out of 10 from the TA. And before TA parent starts protesting and attempting to argue that TA has "7-8 of the top kids" from the Portland metro, I would like to say...says who? Those kids did good on their old teams, where they had some chemistry. The problem now IS NOT that TA has no bench and that they are giving up all the goals. The problem IS NOT that the starters are "too tired." The problem IS simply that TA mostly has a roster of individuals. They are not a team, and who knows at this point if they ever will be. Sometimes the best player on the team has to be selfless, and not always selfish....You get a couple of high character kids who play the right way and they can change the culture. In my opinion, Washington Timbers have several of those kids, and that is why they have been so successful.

Comment

Okay, so the kids are puffing out their chests and celebrating. I saw that as well. Where did they learn this from? Watching soccer. I hope you also noticed that they celebrate as a team while they are puffing out their chests. I am just saying, they are on top and I can't think of anything bad to say about them other than we tied them. They can be beat, but they make it very difficult to do so. They have great energy, effort and most importantly chemistry. That is why I do believe they would win 6 out of 10 from the TA. And before TA parent starts protesting and attempting to argue that TA has "7-8 of the top kids" from the Portland metro, I would like to say...says who? Those kids did good on their old teams, where they had some chemistry. The problem now IS NOT that TA has no bench and that they are giving up all the goals. The problem IS NOT that the starters are "too tired." The problem IS simply that TA mostly has a roster of individuals. They are not a team, and who knows at this point if they ever will be. Sometimes the best player on the team has to be selfless, and not always selfish....You get a couple of high character kids who play the right way and they can change the culture. In my opinion, Washington Timbers have several of those kids, and that is why they have been so successful.
              OP wasn't complaining about kids puffing out their chests. He/she was complaining about PARENTS doing so.

Comment

Copa 1, Red2 1
                ADF 4, HSC 3
                FC 4, GPS 1

Still waiting Cuervos/FCSC score

Comment

I attended this game. I thought that the best thing that I saw was that after the game (even including some great goals and saves by both teams)is that both teams exchanged high-fives and there didn't seem to be any negativity. The coaches behaved and even the FC parents weren't abrasive. I certainly didn't feel like the WaT parents were puffing and with each additional goal the cheering was lower key. This forum is full of childish comments that serve no purpose. Some of the parents in here are worse than any kids playing. Get a grip. This is 12 year old soccer and although I love to see our team succeed, in a blowout I tend to come away with a little sympathy for the opposing teams kids. After reading the comments from some parents, I feel more sympathy for what they must face at home. Xfire parent, I appreciate your compliments. The feeling is mutual. FC parents are mostly good with a few bad apples that can ruin a reputation. With that, screw this forum. It is poison.

Comment

Cuervos 2, Salmon Creek 2.

Like Eugene, the Crows blow their chance to catch idle Bend on the final weekend.

Congrats to Bend FC Timbers, your 2017 05B Premier Fall League champions!

Comment

It's Monday morning!

DA:

WashT 3, FC 2. Washington still hasn't lost yet in league play; and FC's defense is still a bit suspect. Assuming that the ex-WT player reported at FC's practice will not be available.
                      WashT 6, FC 1. Dang, all these coaches who put in their deep bench in the second half only to get blown out, don't make my job easier. What is this anyway, a development academy? Result: Off the post, and out.

Crossfire 2, BSC 1. Crossfire gets revenge for last month's upset.
                      Crossfire 1, BSC 0. Even better, as it's the exact same score as last time, but reversed. BSC seems to have figured out Crossfire's attack, even if they can't stop anyone else not named Eastside. Result. Into the upper 90.

WT 4, ET 0. Game moved from Adventist to Mountain View.
                      WT 5, ET 0. Eastside is continuing to show improvement. Result. Into the upper 90.

OYSA:

Cuervos 4, FCSC 1. Crows pull even with Bend, and win the tiebreaker. (They tied head-to-head, and if Crows win this, they will finish with a higher goal differential).
                      Actual: 2-2. Crows blow it, finish third. Result: Three yards wide of the net.

Red2 1, Copa 1. The two Timbers B teams who entered OYSA premier get to share the booby prize. Though if rumors on this forum are to be believed, Copa has once again been looted of a player by Westside's DA team.
                      Actual: 1-1. This would have been a great President's Cup final. (Instead, Corvallis SC 05B are your Pres Cup champions). Result: Chipped the keeper from 40 yards, back of the net.

ETFC 3, 4H 2. Eugene manages to win it all on the last day, dropping Bend into 3rd place and 4H into 5th.
                      Actual: 2-2. Eugene also slips on a banana peel on the last weekend, blowing a chance to win Fall League, and drop to 2nd. Result: Off the post, and out.

ADF 4, HSC 2. Coupled with the Farmers losing, ADF sneaks back into 4th place by knocking off Hillsboro.
                      Actual: ADF 4-3. ADF gets it done. Unfortunately, so did 4H, so the Farmers are in fourth and the F-bombs are in fifth. Result: Into the upper 90.

GPS 5, Navy 2. GPS tries to move back into the top half of the table by beating Navy.
                      Actual: FC 4-1. FC seems to have a skill for knocking off the occasional higher seed. Result: Over the crossbar, into the stands, clobbers a beer vendor.

I won't give any scores, but...

Spurs beat Aresnal. Wegner is burned in effigy outside the stadium afterwards.
                      Burnley beats Swansea City, who remain firmly stuck in the red zone.
                      City beats City. :) (If you have to ask which one...)
                      Chelsea clobbers West Brom.
                      Bournemouth beats Huddersfield Town to move away from the red zone.
                      In an upset, Crystal Palace manages to knock off Everton.
                      Liverpool manages to outlast Southampton, though it is closer than it should be.
                      United beats United. You knew THAT was coming...
                      WaTFord beats West Ham.
                      Brighton beats Stoke.

And no, I'm NOT doing the Championship.
                      Arsenal stun Tottenham. (Miss).
                      Burnley beat Swansea (Make).
                      Man City beat Leicester. (Make)
                      Chelsea indeed clobber West brom (Make).
                      Bournemouth thrash H-Town. (Make)
                      Crystal and Everton tie. (Off the post).
                      Liverpool whip Southhamption. (Make).
                      Man U beat Newcastle. (Make)
                      Watford beat West Ham (Make).

Brighton/Stoke is this afternoon.

You're welcome.

Comment

Here, I'll simplify it: If your county has a DA team, you get counted:
                        Clark County, Washington/Population
                        459,495 (2015)

Capital FC:
                        Marion County, Oregon/Population
                        330,700 (2015)

Eastside:
                        Multnomah County, Oregon/Population
                        790,294 (2015)

Xfire
                        Clackamas County, Oregon/Population
                        401,515 (2015)

BSC/Westside/FC
                        Washington County, Oregon/Population
                        574,326 (2015)

OYSA:
                        2 Vancouver clubs (splitting less than .5 mil pop):
                        3 clubs out of the counties above RVT/Eugene/Bend
                        7 clubs within the counties above (splitting 2+ mil)

Fuzzy math doesn't win you a poor argument/excuse to begin with. If i am reading between the lines I am hearing "we are at a disadvantage because we live in a major metropolitan area and cannot find enough kids to fill out a quality roster"? Nonsense.
                        Oregon 2 mil and change. Clark less than half a mil. Seems level to me.
                        This is all fine and good if all the players from each club were truly from the county The club is located in, however, this is not the case. Just looking at FCPDX DA roster, nine of the players are not from Washington County! 7 are from Portland, One says that he is from McMinnville? And yet another one from Molalla (yeah, I had to look that place up too)! My point is, just because the club is located in a certain county does not by any means indicate that all players are from the same county.

Comment

Your final fall season polls of one voter. The poll will, along with outdoor youth soccer, now take a long nap for the winter. (I'm not doing winter futsal, etc.)

1) WashT (7-0-1). Bye week. Finishes up fall with a visit to Charlie's Carpet.
                          2) FC (7-2-0). Def. WT 6-2. Hosts WashT.
                          3) Crossfire (5-2-2). Ties CFC 2-2. Hosts BSC.
                          4T) Westside (3-4-1). Lost to FC 6-2. Visits Eastside this weekend.
                          4T) CFC (3-4-1). Tied Crossfire, is off this weekend.
                          6) BSC (3-5-1). Beat Eastside. Travels to West Linn to face Crossfire.
                          7) Eastside (0-8-0). Lost to BSC. Host Westside this weekend.

1. WashT (8-0-1). Thrash FC 6-1. Dominated the fall season, suffering no losses and only one tie.
                          2. FC (7-3-0). Lose to WashT 6-1. Reportedly empty bench after a competitive first half, get run over.
                          3. Crossfire (6-2-2). Beat BSC 1-0 to avenge an earlier loss.
                          4. Westside (4-4-1). Clobber Eastside 5-0. This is a completely different team than the 05 Copa team that lost in the State semis. Only three starters from that team remain, two are now playing different positions, and the third has been out the past month with an injury.
                          5. CFC (3-4-1). Idle.
                          6. BSC (3-6-1). A dangerous team, but an inconsistent one.
                          7. Eastside (0-9-0). Obviously the weakest of the Oregon DA teams by far, but considering where they started from, have shown considerable improvement over the fall.

1) Bend. (8-1-3). Getting nervous; will be rooting for 4H and Salmon Creek this weekend.
                          2) ETFC. (8-2-1). Beat WashT, visit 4H this weekend. If they win, OYSA Fall League is theirs. Otherwise it is either Bend or Cuervos.
                          3) Cuervos(7-1-3). Can tie Bend with a victory against Salmon Creek. Still haven't worked out the tiebreaker.
                          4) 4H (7-4-0). Defeated RVT, control their own destiny for a top-4 spot.
                          5) ADF (6-4-1). Defeated Copa. Final game against HSC this weekend.
                          6) RVT (6-4-2). Beat IFC, lost to 4H. Are now finished and will be watching other teams this weekend.
                          7) HSC (6-4-1). Beat Salmon Creek. Host ADF; winner gets fifth place. If they tie, we could have a four-team tie instead.
                          8) GPS (5-4-2). Gave up golden opportunity, was beaten by RVT. Now playing for a second seed. Visit FC Portland.
                          9) FCSC (3-6-1). Lost to Hillsboro. Finish up with a visit to the Crows, who will will be playing for a shot at the leauge championship.
                          10) FC (3-8-1). Defeated by the Crows, but have cemented their spot as the Best B Team. Host GPS.
                          12T) Red2 (0-11-0) and Copa (0-11-0). Playing each other this weekend at Harmony. Someone's gotta get a point out of this matchup.
                          [/QUOTE]

1. Bend (8-1-3). Your OYSA fall league champs.
                          2. Eugene (8-2-2). Had a disappointing final weekend, but remote Alliance teams dominate the top two spots in OYSA Premier.
                          3. Crows (7-1-4). Also are disappointed on the final weekend, but only two points separate the top three teams. A lot better than the embarassing outfit that bombed out of State Cup last year.
                          4. 4H (7-4-1). Would be fun to watch these guys play CFC.
                          5. ADF (7-4-1). Lose to 4H on the tiebreaker. Dynamic offense, but sometimes done in by suspect defense.
                          6. RVT (6-4-2). Difficult team to face at home.
                          7. HSC (6-5-1). Finish strongly, after a slow start to the season.
                          8. GPS (5-5-2). Stumbled at the end of the season to fall out of the top half of the table, finish .500
                          9. FCSC(3-6-2). Pulled off a major upset to deny Cuervos the top spot.
                          10. Navy(4-8-1). Win the title of Best B Team decisively.
                          11. Copa (0-11-1). Edge out Red2 by a nose.
                          12. Red2 (0-11-1). Been a long season. But that's how it is when you're the B team.

And just for fun, here's a combined Oregon U13 poll of all leagues. Y'all can't prove me wrong.

1) Timbers Academy. Would love to see them face WashT.
                          2) WashT DA.
                          3) FC DA
                          4) Crossfire DA
                          5) Westside DA
                          6) Bend
                          7) CFC DA.
                          8) Eugene
                          9) Crows
                          10) BSD DA.
                          11) 4H
                          12) ADF
                          13) RVT
                          14) HSC
                          15) GPS
                          16) Eastside DA
                          17) FCSC
                          18) Navy
                          19) Copa
                          20) Red2.

(And Corvallis SC, the President's Cup champs, come in at #21--the seeding committee did a good job at drawing the cut line. None of the Div 1 teams would have fared any better in Premier than Red2 or Copa).

Comment

Don’t listen to that poster. They are blowing smoke. FCPDX did hit the crossbar and could of had two more goals but Vantucky could’ve had 5-6 more goals easily.

10-0 is a pipe dream
                            Not really!
                            Did you happen to notice how easy it was to shut down the two leading goal scorers in DA???
                            #91 didn't even get a shot on goal - Can you say OVER RATED!!!
                            The MMA boy was trying to play offsides the whole game to see if he could catch the AR napping once and notch a goal (which he did).
                            I think it is fair to say that Washington Timbers flexed their muscle and showed their dominance!

Comment

Not really!
                              Did you happen to notice how easy it was to shut down the two leading goal scorers in DA???
                              The MMA boy was trying to play offsides the whole game to see if he could catch the AR napping once and notch a goal (which he did).
                              I think it is fair to say that Washington Timbers flexed their muscle and showed their dominance!
                              This unloading the bench story for FC is hilarious!
                              WT FC also unloads its bench every half of every gane. One kid didn’t play much as he was injured and did not practice last week. Other than that they unloaded the bench. You guys are hilarious!

Comment

Not really!
                                Now you crazies have all winter long to argue about this...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X