Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean the foul in the first half when "ROFLMAO" pushed' and then tomahawk chopped one defender, before punching the goalie. Oh, and then when the goalie offered ROFLMAO a hand up, ROFLMAO shoved the keeper's hand away. That kid is the only bad thing about FC. The rest of the kids looked and played really well. Love their mid, and glad to see him back playing with the 05's. Their 1st half keeper is top notch as well. The brute fouled 9 out of 11 starters and was never called for it. Shaking my head.
    Ha! FC outplayed a weak Crossfire the whole match. Always excuses for being the lesser team with the whiniest parents.

Comment

Ha! FC outplayed a weak Crossfire the whole match. Always excuses for being the lesser team with the whiniest parents.
      That was clearly not from an FC parent. I am, and I was at the game. There is no way I will ever say Crossfire is weak, and truthfully we were fortunate to get a win. The officiating was very questionable, and while were the beneficiaries of the calls, Crossfire outplayed us in the first half. We scored about a minute into the game, and that was it. Crossfire scored on a hustle pressure play where their "rocket" of a forward made a tremendous hustle play (he is a good kid, my Son played with him). They then had numerous opportunities. Thankfully, they kept the ball on one side of the field and did not connect.

Both teams played hard in miserable conditions, and both deserved to win. I read a nice message on here this morning (that may or may not) have been from a Crossfire parent. They were loud today, but I didn't hear or see anything negative about them. Don't believe all you read on here.

Comment

Better eat those grapes before they get too sour...really had to make it ‘you know who’s’ fault, huh?
        No- can you honestly say that is a yellow and pk? green made himself way too big a part of that game and missed calls all day both ways. To call that on a goalie coming out to meet the ball and getting run over is just inexcusable. That call was the difference am I wrong?

Comment

good news is there will be video and everyone will be able to see the horrible job done by the official. The game was actually very evenly played other than a few plays and calls...

Comment

That was clearly not from an FC parent. I am, and I was at the game. There is no way I will ever say Crossfire is weak, and truthfully we were fortunate to get a win. The officiating was very questionable, and while were the beneficiaries of the calls, Crossfire outplayed us in the first half. We scored about a minute into the game, and that was it. Crossfire scored on a hustle pressure play where their "rocket" of a forward made a tremendous hustle play (he is a good kid, my Son played with him). They then had numerous opportunities. Thankfully, they kept the ball on one side of the field and did not connect.

Both teams played hard in miserable conditions, and both deserved to win. I read a nice message on here this morning (that may or may not) have been from a Crossfire parent. They were loud today, but I didn't hear or see anything negative about them. Don't believe all you read on here.
            Well said fc parent - your kids played hard today and good for them! For all the griping we parents do on here and on the side of the field, it was countered with a nice bit of perspective by the players coming together at the end and shaking each others hands, saying good job, and moving on. We are the only ones obsessing over the score, the players aren't.

Comment

Typical FC response.

Comment

Typical FC response.
                Typical Crossfire comeback

Comment

It’s funny to listen to you two fight over second place

Comment

It’s funny to listen to you two fight over second place
                    Enjoy your 15 min Wash Timbers. Crossfire is coming for you.

Comment

Enjoy your 15 min Wash Timbers. Crossfire is coming for you.
                      Notice who is missing from this evening's turd fight?

Comment

You mean the foul in the first half when "ROFLMAO" pushed' and then tomahawk chopped one defender, before punching the goalie. Oh, and then when the goalie offered ROFLMAO a hand up, ROFLMAO shoved the keeper's hand away. That kid is the only bad thing about FC. The rest of the kids looked and played really well. Love their mid, and glad to see him back playing with the 05's. Their 1st half keeper is top notch as well. The brute fouled 9 out of 11 starters and was never called for it. Shaking my head.
                        It's funny how many people complain about how one player is doing all of these unspeakable things during the soccer game, but yet they seem to get missed by almost ALL referees. My son played with him and I only recall him getting two TOTAL yellow cards out of all the games we played (summer tourneys, fall league, NW Champions league, futsal, Desert Classic, spring league & State Cup)! According to game reports from this year, he does not have any either. Are all referees blind?
                        Are conspiring to make calls in his favor?
                        I think the answer is that most of these plays are leagal and you parents that are complaining just don't realize how physical the sport is!

As for the first half goalkeeper, well from what I was told by a friend at the game, was that he did the same thing that he did the 1st time FC played Crossfire... tried to get a little too cute with footwork instead of clearing the ball away and the Crossfire forward did a good job of pressuring him and taking it right off his feet for a goal. Can you say OVERRATED!

Comment

Very refreshing....

Vantucky 6. - CFC Timbers 1
                          Was this a prediction?
                          Final score was WashT 2, CFC 1

Comment

Was this a prediction?
                            Final score was WashT 2, CFC 1
                            A.L. played down with the 05's- CFC is a completely different team when he plays with them. My only question is did he keep himself in check or did the antics and dirty play come out?

Comment

It's funny how many people complain about how one player is doing all of these unspeakable things during the soccer game, but yet they seem to get missed by almost ALL referees. My son played with him and I only recall him getting two TOTAL yellow cards out of all the games we played (summer tourneys, fall league, NW Champions league, futsal, Desert Classic, spring league & State Cup)! According to game reports from this year, he does not have any either. Are all referees blind?
                              Are conspiring to make calls in his favor?
                              I think the answer is that most of these plays are leagal and you parents that are complaining just don't realize how physical the sport is!

As for the first half goalkeeper, well from what I was told by a friend at the game, was that he did the same thing that he did the 1st time FC played Crossfire... tried to get a little too cute with footwork instead of clearing the ball away and the Crossfire forward did a good job of pressuring him and taking it right off his feet for a goal. Can you say OVERRATED!
                              I was at the game and can speak to the fwd for FC. My son has played against him a lot. Has never really had anything bad to say about him either. Like the poster said, the sport is more physical than I think a lot of parents are willing to acknowledge. And, in most cases the players will play to the level the ref will let them get away with. When it comes to the FC fwd, he is kind of like Zalatan Ibrahimovic. He is bigger and physical, and when frustrated he will throw elbows, or target an individual. I watched him do this yesterday as I have watched him do this for the past year and a half. Watch and listen to his Dad and you will understand why.

As to the goal, it started with the defebder first. The fwd is unbelievably quick and extremely fast. Watch the video and you will understand. The keeper was not being cute, as you phrased it "FC Grandpa."

Comment

I was at the game and can speak to the fwd for FC. My son has played against him a lot. Has never really had anything bad to say about him either. Like the poster said, the sport is more physical than I think a lot of parents are willing to acknowledge. And, in most cases the players will play to the level the ref will let them get away with. When it comes to the FC fwd, he is kind of like Zalatan Ibrahimovic. He is bigger and physical, and when frustrated he will throw elbows, or target an individual. I watched him do this yesterday as I have watched him do this for the past year and a half. Watch and listen to his Dad and you will understand why.

As to the goal, it started with the defebder first. The fwd is unbelievably quick and extremely fast. Watch the video and you will understand. The keeper was not being cute, as you phrased it "FC Grandpa."
                                Have no problem with physical aggressive play if it's within the boundaries of the rules. What I have a problem with is the way in which the official behaved and operated within the game- to both teams. He was inconsistent, rude and talked to the boys in a manner that is not acceptable. He allowed the game to get out of hand and then made a call that changed the game. He made himself a huge part of the game for the 06's as well and a good official never does that. The sad part in all of this is it was well played by both teams bye the way and deserved to end in a draw for both. I can't wait for the video to be posted so all can see the yellow/pk in question so you can make up you own decision since parents of the teams in question have an obvious bias one way or the other. Also, others take head- FC is a different team when they have all their 05's playing on age, TE made a huge difference playing holding mid for them and #17 who was not there last time we played added even more size and speed on the outside.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X