•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL - Competitive platform
    GDA - Developmet platform

The fact that US parents thing games > development is fine, but thats the issue. Not "better" league.

Majority of parents dont understand development, could not tell if their kids is actually getting better or not. They judge everything based on the result of the game.

GDA will struggle on LI especially becasue that community has no patience at all. ECNL probably better suited to LI for that reason
    And add a huge roster with one game a weekend! These kids will never play a game. Isn't it suppose to be fun?

Comment

And add a huge roster with one game a weekend! These kids will never play a game. Isn't it suppose to be fun?
      GDA is not about fun, it's about properly preparing you to play at the next level. Most athletes, in just about any sport, that end up playing at world class levels missed out on their childhoods.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want that as a goal.

Comment

GDA is not about fun, it's about properly preparing you to play at the next level. Most athletes, in just about any sport, that end up playing at world class levels missed out on their childhoods.

Agree. At least with boys, they have the potential for the pro level. Girls pro is not an option with the money they make.

Comment

But how do you foster greater development in GDA if you don't have the strongest players as your teammates? You can only develop so far if the depth is not there. It will take time for this to sort out.
          This is a common question posed in the US. Its simple, you develop what you have. Depth ? Not sure I see what relevance that is. I add any player i like to training to make the level better. Games are what they are.

I have never bought the better teammates argument much becasue its a double edged sword.

Comment

It a wonderful thing that people have differing ambitions is it not? The people who have never seen the benefits of being truly elite at a sport are often the ones who dont see it.
            They never will

Comment

Agree. At least with boys, they have the potential for the pro level. Girls pro is not an option with the money they make.
              Really? so making 100k per year with no student debt is bad ?

Comment

There are much better options for girls in this country and they will provide for a much longer career.

Comment

NWSL salaries are capped at around $37k. Where did you get 100k from?

Comment

NWSL salaries are capped at around $37k. Where did you get 100k from?
                    Did anyone attend tryouts last night for LISC? Attended wel? Any info? Fury is tomorrow, although weather looks terrible.

Comment

Did anyone attend tryouts last night for LISC? Attended wel? Any info? Fury is tomorrow, although weather looks terrible.

Fury was last night. LISC is Tuesday night.

Comment

There are much better options for girls in this country and they will provide for a much longer career.
                        and they are guaranteed eh ? Im constantly amazed at how everyone wants to live everyones life for them. How they know whats best for everyone and yet ....

Comment

Wow. Hearing both LI GDA programs had kids accept then turn down GDA for ECNL in the last week. Anyone have any news around this? I know they both just had trials in the last few days. Sounds like real rough going.

Comment

Wow. Hearing both LI GDA programs had kids accept then turn down GDA for ECNL in the last week. Anyone have any news around this? I know they both just had trials in the last few days. Sounds like real rough going.
                            Depends on the age group, but yes this has occurred.

Comment

Real rough going might be little overly dramatic. The situation with all these leagues is confusing with plenty of time and money at stake. Hope all the players have success next year wherever they play.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised - current HS players aren't likely to move since they're already recruited or getting there. GDA is unproven and certainly the club situation in this case is very murky. If GDA becomes #1 it won't happen over night

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X