X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are counting boys and girls.
    The numbers are absolutely correct and your insistence that they are not just shows how absolutely out of touch you are with what is happening these days.

Comment

Travel for DA is clearly worse for mass teams.

DA has Syracuse and a bunch in Maryland and Va. every year.

ECNL will possibly go to Maryland 1 weekend every other year and all other games CT or LI

Comment

Travel for DA is clearly worse for mass teams.

DA has Syracuse and a bunch in Maryland and Va. every year.

ECNL will possibly go to Maryland 1 weekend every other year and all other games CT or LI
        If travel is the deciding factor, and you think ECNL is a little less, then goodbye, enjoy your year.

Comment

High School season is 8 weeks long. Hardly going destroy the skills of a top level player, even if the the team is weaker. Many of these players use HS to play a different position (which should help there overall game), and try to improve on areas that they might be weaker in, in order to build confidence. You are also getting 8 weeks of conditioning and at your foot. I disagree that the potential bad outweighs the good, I just do. Then you add the social aspect of it, and memories made for playing in front of crowds, and peers, and for your school. There are intangibles that I feel should not be sacrificed, in order for 1-2 players in a club get to play for a NT. I just think faulty reasoning and going down the wrong path to improve our national program.
          Agree. Imagine, mp became the youngest player to score a goal for the us womens team in the Olympics and she was also the youngest us national team player to cap. Guess what? She not only played ECNL, but also played high school. I don't know her scholarship particulars, but I am assuming she got a full ride to spend the next 4 years at ucla. That doesn't seem like a broken model to me. Worked for her, her high school and us soccer.

Gda is supposed to be for elite, top 1 percent. system already works for top 1 percent. Gda is becoming an ECNL clone league that has made more concessions from their manta before the first game has been played then stupid tweets from our new president. Money gab by us soccer.

Comment

this state is producing between 50-75 scholarship earning (D1/D2) female players a year????? Really, is this true?
            No. Placements don't always mean scholarships. Nor does it mean substantial amounts of money either. No one knows for certain except the families themselves.

Comment

Agree. Imagine, mp became the youngest player to score a goal for the us womens team in the Olympics and she was also the youngest us national team player to cap. Guess what? She not only played ECNL, but also played high school. I don't know her scholarship particulars, but I am assuming she got a full ride to spend the next 4 years at ucla. That doesn't seem like a broken model to me. Worked for her, her high school and us soccer.

Gda is supposed to be for elite, top 1 percent. system already works for top 1 percent. Gda is becoming an ECNL clone league that has made more concessions from their manta before the first game has been played then stupid tweets from our new president. Money gab by us soccer.
              More about power than money. They want ecnl gone.

Amd while I agree that many top level players are wired differently, I'm not sure there are enough of them to make this league what USSF thinks it will be. A club might get 5 of those players per team and then what?

Comment

You are right, ECNL is awesome, but GDAP will be better because of the year -round development

Comment

You are right, ECNL is awesome, but GDAP will be better because of the year -round development
                  In Connecticut, oakwood is the gda program. They are offering "waivers" to select girls so they can play high school and after the season play gda. Isn't that disingenuous and go against the league and us soccer premise that the best players need less games and more practice under coaches who are more qualified (higher lic)? Doesn't seem like year round development to me. What they are seeing is they are merely getting their own current npl customers to bite. No ECNL players from outside their club signing up. So, what you have is a middle of the pack npl club in the new super league for girl's that is supposed to raise the competition level for your elite player from mass.

Comment

The agenda you are speaking against really doesn't want to commit to that much work. They are happy with the 2 90 minute practices a week because it allows for other priorities and are more than willing to price the cost of participation out of range for middle class families. It has never really been about the soccer at all. Their agenda has been to build prestige for soccer strictly as an extracurricular activity on a college application not to build high level soccer players. The reality is the really good players just get in their way and make it harder to make the teams they want their kids on.
                    Wow, good burn, BTNT. Your critiques of upper middle class American are required reading and no doubt will be in the syllabi of all upper level sociology courses in the Ivies and Nescacs which will help those kids berate themselves. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Anyone who doubts that there are enough kids out there who take their soccer seriously and have it as their number one priority hasn't the first clue what makes a true top level player tick. True top level players are wired differently than even your average college bound prospect. Typically they are not the center of their school's social networks because they are out playing soccer while their classmates are socializing so all of this harping about girls needing to be with their friends is just off the mark. Top level players just march to a different beat altogether and usually they are somewhat aloof from the crowd because they are so focused on their goals. I think you will find that with that type of kid the opportunity to do more of what they love is going to be very attractive to them.
                      Incredible, BTNT. You should allow a documentary crew inside your very, very special world so the rest of us can truly appreciate the huge differences between kids and families that are devoted to true exceptionalism and expose all the wannabes as frauds.

Thanks for 465 and 466 too.

What do these exceptional "and aloof" kids think of their fathers posting on TS? Must suck to be in the gym lifting weights and doing sprints while men's bball is playing at Cameron. But that is the melancholy world of greatness, right? No social life for those that really, really want this and burn for greatness in ways we just cant fathom, right BTNT?

Comment

In Connecticut, oakwood is the gda program. They are offering "waivers" to select girls so they can play high school and after the season play gda. Isn't that disingenuous and go against the league and us soccer premise that the best players need less games and more practice under coaches who are more qualified (higher lic)? Doesn't seem like year round development to me. What they are seeing is they are merely getting their own current npl customers to bite. No ECNL players from outside their club signing up. So, what you have is a middle of the pack npl club in the new super league for girl's that is supposed to raise the competition level for your elite player from mass.
                        I'm sure ow won't be the only one facing those challenges. While some top clubs are doing DA and are putting a concerted effort into it, not all clubs are that great and will simply slap a new badge on an old uniform (same players+same coaches). This is the consequence of having another massive league - you need too many clubs and players to fill slots. Something smaller and more focused for the elite players would have been a better solution but Ussf wants to squash ecnl and control it all

Comment

Totally predictable. Sounds like same thing is happening in Mass.
                          Stars and Breakers are just entering their current teams. No real effort to identify and recruit the top players in the area for this new league.

Comment

Totally predictable. Sounds like same thing is happening in Mass.
                            Stars and Breakers are just entering their current teams. No real effort to identify and recruit the top players in the area for this new league.
                            And you expected anything different?

Comment

DA is the ECNL with weaker teams.

Comment

DA is the ECNL with weaker teams.
                                Ecnl is a great platform for players wishing to play in college. Many of the current national team players at all levels are playing in the league. It may not be the best league to develop national team players. I would say a residential program would be better. Those are few and far in between, think IMG in Florida for girls. However, if us soccer truly created the league to develop better national team players, the league will fail. It is basically the ecnl forced to play during the high school months with less focus on college recruiting. Same players, same coaching, same facilities. Do you really think there will be a focus on development over winning? They are still for profit businesses that need to attract customers. If they are bottom of league of play against ecnl teams and consistently lose, the customers are not going to buy in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X