Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know much about FCUSA?

They're starting up Central Westchester teams for next year and I don't know much about them.

Any intel would be appreciated.

UK Elite, which was a summer type program I remember. My team played them in a beach tournament on LI a few years ago.

http://www.thefootballclubny.com/clubteams.aspx

Interestingly there is a boys team in Nassau with that in their name. They may or may not be affiliated with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They're starting up Central Westchester teams for next year and I don't know much about them.

Any intel would be appreciated.
      Not sure how successful they will be with giants Surf and NYSC there...

Comment

Not sure how successful they will be with giants Surf and NYSC there...
        On the boys side in westchester, you have FC Westchester and NYSC as the programs where the best players go for the most part, and you also have FC Eastern where players can have a dependable experience.

NY Surf is only getting leftovers from the town programs ... really pretty poor.

No idea who this new club is targeting but I imagine that MT Vernon and New Rochelle might be open targets.

Website mentions UK Elite as the underlying organization and they were pretty decent until 12 months ago when the government blocked them from bringing in 120 temp visa guys from the UK. That really screwed the town teams who were suddenly left without coaches.

Comment

On the boys side in westchester, you have FC Westchester and NYSC as the programs where the best players go for the most part, and you also have FC Eastern where players can have a dependable experience.

NY Surf is only getting leftovers from the town programs ... really pretty poor.

No idea who this new club is targeting but I imagine that MT Vernon and New Rochelle might be open targets.

Website mentions UK Elite as the underlying organization and they were pretty decent until 12 months ago when the government blocked them from bringing in 120 temp visa guys from the UK. That really screwed the town teams who were suddenly left without coaches.
          Getting a work visa is likely to only get worse with the new administration

Comment

I was looking in to Eastern and it appears that virtually all of their teams finished at or near the bottom of their divisions. Have they had issues?

Comment

I was looking in to Eastern and it appears that virtually all of their teams finished at or near the bottom of their divisions. Have they had issues?
              I don't think there are issues. They've had the same DOC for many years now and they always have teams.

I know some kids in our town who wanted something more than what our town could provide but the kids weren't good enough (skill wise or athletically or 'need to succeed' wise) to make FC Westchester or NY Soccer Club and so they went to FC Eastern where they are guaranteed to always have a team to play on and a set schedule.

They are not going out of business and their low rankings in the standings are due to them being in NPL. If they played NYCSL D1 they would probably rank high in D1.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X