Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-15-2016
lastplanet lastplanet is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 50
Default LastPlanet PNW girls U11-U18 ranks up

May 15, 2016

Tables updated with games up to May 5th.

G04-G97: http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.co...rls-index.html

Tables updated with spring leagues games (RCL, OYS, PSPL, NPSL, PSPL-Inland and Idaho D3) and cups (WYS cups, WA Cup, and OYS cups). A few tournaments added. FWRL NW, Desert and CAN added.

Match Predictor is hooked up to the girls model: Select PNW Girls in the drop-down to the right of the header.
http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.co...predictor.html

If you have a G01, click the West Coast G01 tab. That covers the whole west.

If you see errors, let me know and I'll fix them! lastplanetranking -at- gmail

LP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-15-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

will you start a DA list when they get going in August?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplanet View Post
May 15, 2016

Tables updated with games up to May 5th.

G04-G97: http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.co...rls-index.html

Tables updated with spring leagues games (RCL, OYS, PSPL, NPSL, PSPL-Inland and Idaho D3) and cups (WYS cups, WA Cup, and OYS cups). A few tournaments added. FWRL NW, Desert and CAN added.

Match Predictor is hooked up to the girls model: Select PNW Girls in the drop-down to the right of the header.
http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.co...predictor.html

If you have a G01, click the West Coast G01 tab. That covers the whole west.

If you see errors, let me know and I'll fix them! lastplanetranking -at- gmail

LP
Winner!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastplanet View Post
May 15, 2016

Tables updated with games up to May 5th.

G04-G97: http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.co...rls-index.html

Tables updated with spring leagues games (RCL, OYS, PSPL, NPSL, PSPL-Inland and Idaho D3) and cups (WYS cups, WA Cup, and OYS cups). A few tournaments added. FWRL NW, Desert and CAN added.

Match Predictor is hooked up to the girls model: Select PNW Girls in the drop-down to the right of the header.
http://lastplanetranking.blogspot.co...predictor.html

If you have a G01, click the West Coast G01 tab. That covers the whole west.

If you see errors, let me know and I'll fix them! lastplanetranking -at- gmail

LP
Thanks for expanding it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lastplanet, you know would be interesting is if you could use your age effect model to guess at the impact of changing to birth year. For example, combining last year's U13 along with U14 and U12 to calculate 2002, 2003 strength ratings.

Does this make sense?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

LP rankings are no longer relevant. Too many changes with birth year changes, player/club (u12 DA, new Seattle ECNL, mergers) movement. It's going to be a complete reset.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LP rankings are no longer relevant. Too many changes with birth year changes, player/club (u12 DA, new Seattle ECNL, mergers) movement. It's going to be a complete reset.
Currently not relevant. Midway into next season it will be good as gold.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2016
All for One All for One is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lastplanet, you know would be interesting is if you could use your age effect model to guess at the impact of changing to birth year. For example, combining last year's U13 along with U14 and U12 to calculate 2002, 2003 strength ratings.

Does this make sense?
For the most part, the top teams will remain the top teams. There is very little movement from year to year despite all the roster changes that were already happening each year. For example, Crossfire Premier ECNL G01 has been #1 or #2 in WA since U11 but they currently have only one player remaining from that U11 year. What typically happens is that teams fold, drop out of the ratings, and all the teams below them move up a spot.

Even with the birth year changes, the top teams will likely remain the top teams, at least at big clubs with multiple teams per age group where all they do is shuffle the deck and add a few new players. At smaller clubs all bets are off as whole age groups could disappear or teams could be forced to play up against older competition.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-07-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Do showcases like this last weekend count in the ratings?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-07-2016
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by All for One View Post
For the most part, the top teams will remain the top teams. There is very little movement from year to year despite all the roster changes that were already happening each year. For example, Crossfire Premier ECNL G01 has been #1 or #2 in WA since U11 but they currently have only one player remaining from that U11 year. What typically happens is that teams fold, drop out of the ratings, and all the teams below them move up a spot.

Even with the birth year changes, the top teams will likely remain the top teams, at least at big clubs with multiple teams per age group where all they do is shuffle the deck and add a few new players. At smaller clubs all bets are off as whole age groups could disappear or teams could be forced to play up against older competition.
Do you think any teams staying together & playing up will be able to be competitive? Say a team lwith 5 2001s and the rest 2002s playing up in 2001 (& not an Academy team).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.