Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the top GPS team cost a family per year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS is full of average and even below average players, just like my kids. No, they weren't the best, but we paid our fees in full and GPS made the experience a truly miserable one. It was a rotating carousel of bad coaches, sometimes 2-3 per year, and each one was worse than the one before. Meanwhile, practices were cancelled or moved last minute. Not enough players would show up for games, guest players from other teams would be used and took all the playing time away from our kids. And we were always hit by crazy tournaments fees and uniform fees, and every other kind of fee you could imagine.

Instead of attacking me for being honest, maybe you GPS people should use your energy to fix you broken soccer club.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your kids weren't good or committed. It happens at all clubs. And if it was so bad why did it take you so long to figure it out? It didn't just go south.

Comment

GPS is full of average and even below average players, just like my kids. No, they weren't the best, but we paid our fees in full and GPS made the experience a truly miserable one. It was a rotating carousel of bad coaches, sometimes 2-3 per year, and each one was worse than the one before. Meanwhile, practices were cancelled or moved last minute. Not enough players would show up for games, guest players from other teams would be used and took all the playing time away from our kids. And we were always hit by crazy tournaments fees and uniform fees, and every other kind of fee you could imagine.

Instead of attacking me for being honest, maybe you GPS people should use your energy to fix you broken soccer club.
      All clubs treat their lowest rung teams like that. Sad, but not unique to GPS

Comment

All clubs treat their lowest rung teams like that. Sad, but not unique to GPS
        I have to respectfully disagree. My family is new to the club soccer scene but this hasn’t been our experience to date. I am very happy with the calibre and consistency of the coaching and the coaches seem to be mindful of playing time and focus on player skill development.

Comment

And yet another GPS thread where a nut job posts over and over, responding to their own posts and making up stuff. Keep it up buddy. At least it keeps you off the streets.

Comment

And yet another GPS thread where a nut job posts over and over, responding to their own posts and making up stuff. Keep it up buddy. At least it keeps you off the streets.
            We aren’t with GPS.

Comment

Exactly why GPS is terrible and only getting worse. You are so defensive and tone deaf to criticism. Keep telling yourself that it is everyone's fault but yours. Good luck with that.

Comment

Exactly why GPS is terrible and only getting worse. You are so defensive and tone deaf to criticism. Keep telling yourself that it is everyone's fault but yours. Good luck with that.
                What are talking about? What is my fault? You have no idea who I am. Are you okay buddy?

Comment

Don’t see the connection between taking issue with GPS and being a nut job. If anything, it’s a sign of intelligence.

Comment

$8,000 for us.

Comment

Is no one willing to tell us the registration fee for a high school age GPS Elite Red team? Are the ancillary costs so high that parents are too embarrassed to break it down. Parents should be able to make an informed decision. Please give some guidance on the breakdown of soccer expenditures for the top GPS team.

Comment

Get back on your meds. Your incessant, manic , gps hate posts are a sign of someone that’s off their rocker.

Comment

Is no one willing to tell us the registration fee for a high school age GPS Elite Red team? Are the ancillary costs so high that parents are too embarrassed to break it down. Parents should be able to make an informed decision. Please give some guidance on the breakdown of soccer expenditures for the top GPS team.
                          $2805 plus a ludicrous amount of additional expenses.

The coach promised the team would get some sort of college scholarship, so worth the investment.

Comment

That ludicrous amount of extras totals how much? I am guessing at least $5-6k, right? So the total bill almost $8-9k per year? Unreal.

$2805 plus a ludicrous amount of additional expenses.

The coach promised the team would get some sort of college scholarship, so worth the investment.

Comment

Bolts Parent here.

Apparently GPS DA program is free? Is this true?
                              GPS does not have DA at all anymore. They only had u12 in the past and that is no longer a part of the DA. It is the RDL now.

Comment

Or....you could pick up the phone, call the GPS and ask someone there, instead of relying on other parents to do your due diligence for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X