Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fixed it.

You have your facts wrong my friend.
    If you did just a little research you would find different.
    Well, I fixed your terrible attempt at a quote for you.

Now enlighten us how the poster is wrong.

Comment

Fixed it.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2213137]You have your facts wrong my friend.
      If you did just a little research you would find different.
      [/QUOTE]

Prove him wrong. From what I've seen he's pretty spot on.

Comment

Well, I fixed your terrible attempt at a quote for you.

Now enlighten us how the poster is wrong.
        Here you go.
        Fact 1- with 4 home grown signings that would mean slightly over 3% of players from the academy have made the first team. This doesn’t factor in any kid that moves out of the country or State. Almost 1 every 3rd year on average gets signed.
        Fact 2- the rookie salaries are many times higher than what is listed with Targeted Allocation Money (TAM). Doesn’t count toward their salary cap.
        Fact 3- how bad would it be to play a game you love and get paid for it? I would cut my arm off to do it. Working 9-5 can wait.

Comment

Here you go.
          Fact 1- with 4 home grown signings that would mean slightly over 3% of players from the academy have made the first team. This doesn’t factor in any kid that moves out of the country or State. Almost 1 every 3rd year on average gets signed.
          Fact 2- the rookie salaries are many times higher than what is listed with Targeted Allocation Money (TAM). Doesn’t count toward their salary cap.
          Fact 3- how bad would it be to play a game you love and get paid for it? I would cut my arm off to do it. Working 9-5 can wait.
          Fact 3 is the most important. I would quit my well-paying job right now to play pro (do they take balding, overweight 55 year olds?)

Comment

Here you go.
            I don't play (my son and daughter do), but would also love to play my sport (lacrosse) and be paid- even now!

Comment

Here you go.
              Didn't someone already point out that these guys slid into the Revs Academy for 1 season. That's hardly homegrown. Hopefully you're including ALL the players that were cut after 1 year with the Revs Academy in your calculations if you're using 1 year as the benchmark for "homegrown."

Comment

ZH made $65,625 last year. I would never quit my job for that type of money.

I basically make a bit more than CT and a bit less than DF. In about 4 years either would kill to have my job.

Comment

Didn't someone already point out that these guys slid into the Revs Academy for 1 season. That's hardly homegrown. Hopefully you're including ALL the players that were cut after 1 year with the Revs Academy in your calculations if you're using 1 year as the benchmark for "homegrown."
                  Fagundez signed when he was 16. Wasn’t at any club for very long.
                  Caldwell was in the residency program down at IMG before he came to the Revs academy.
                  Granted, I don’t think the Revs are doing as good a job as other clubs (Red Bulls, FC Dallas) but it’s still the best (and only) way to play against and with other top talent.

Comment

Fagundez signed when he was 16. Wasn’t at any club for very long.
                    Not according to DC at Bolts.

Caldwell was in the residency program down at IMG before he came to the Revs academy.
                    So Revs had little to do with his development.

Granted, I don’t think the Revs are doing as good a job as other clubs (Red Bulls, FC Dallas) but it’s still the best (and only) way to play against and with other top talent.
                    But Seacoast and Bolts play the same teams.

ISL seems to be a much stronger pathway these days.

Comment

Irrelevant Soccer League

Comment

Irrelevant Soccer League
                        Until you graduate. Then it becomes very relevant.

Comment

DC is a blowhard.
                          Neither did Bolts.
                          ISL soccer is horrible.

Comment

DC is a blowhard.
                            Neither did Bolts.
                            ISL soccer is horrible.
                            Revs academy soccer (at every age group) is much worse than any ISL coached team.

Comment

DC is a blowhard.
                              Neither did Bolts.
                              ISL soccer is horrible.
                              Diego was with Bolts from the age of 10.
                              Chris Tierney was a Prep school player.
                              Scales is a mental midget in comparison to Colwell.

Comment

Luca de la Torre to Revs??

and the saga continues, development deficient Revs need to pilfer a 19 year old developed by others to help bolster their first team.(on loan too!)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X