Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is Larry so hateful of Valencia? Makes me want to look at them again.

Anyone a part of them? Know where in "Central Nassau" they are expecting to build a facility? Or is it going to be at Post for a while, which isn't bad, but not what was promoted.
    My guess (and I don't know) is Post. The club was bankrupt and I am guessing since recapitalized since that are opening these schools. They went broke from the cost of their stadium the built in Spain.

Maybe someone else can comment but I believe they have new ownership.

Comment

My son is on one of their teams. We definitely took a chance on this hoping for something good. But I did notice several of the kids from the 1st tryout session that made the club did not return for the second tryout so. Not who is even on the team.
      But they have announced they will be playing in EDP in the fall. Look like a nice facility they will be using at Post.

Comment

LM doesn't like them because they wouldn't cowtow to his demands, LM bad mouthed them because of that so they decided not to work together. As you know, if you don't pacifier LM, your a target. So basically, Valencia told BOTN to go scratch. Good for them.

Comment

They're at Post for the long haul. They just completed their mid-summer camp, the last two weeks of August are the mandatory team camps and their fall practice schedules have been posted for a couple weeks. These events and all their home games are at Post. Pretty facility and well maintained grass fields.

Comment

They're at Post for the long haul. They just completed their mid-summer camp, the last two weeks of August are the mandatory team camps and their fall practice schedules have been posted for a couple weeks. These events and all their home games are at Post. Pretty facility and well maintained grass fields.
            I am taking a stab here, which would be a deal breaker for us. Because they have a mandatory camp last two weeks of August I would assume they prohibit school ball and the camp is there way of insuring that outcome since schools have tryouts and mandatory practice those weeks.

Comment

I am taking a stab here, which would be a deal breaker for us. Because they have a mandatory camp last two weeks of August I would assume they prohibit school ball and the camp is there way of insuring that outcome since schools have tryouts and mandatory practice those weeks.
              Older kids will have a lot of time if they can't play school ball considering it's NYPL/EDP club soccer. I will chalk this up to their not understanding the local soccer calendar, a rookie flub.

Comment

Older kids will have a lot of time if they can't play school ball considering it's NYPL/EDP club soccer. I will chalk this up to their not understanding the local soccer calendar, a rookie flub.
                Maybe they should have consulted with an oracle like Larry. /SARCASM

Comment

They actually encourage school ball. Most amateur European clubs take pride in their players competing for their prep schools. They mentioned in their presentations that the leagues they were joining would allow it.

Comment

Thanks for the straight forward answers everyone.

Comment

Thanks for the straight forward answers everyone.
                      I would just double check that because a good friends son played on u12 academy for Cosmos and they had to sign a contract that they will only participate in Cosmos Soccer. I hope it's not the case here but I'd check.

Comment

I would just double check that because a good friends son played on u12 academy for Cosmos and they had to sign a contract that they will only participate in Cosmos Soccer. I hope it's not the case here but I'd check.
                        I'll double check for sure, but the Cosmos is a US Soccer development academy and all DAs limit to academy only, except for very select exceptions.

Comment

This was asked and answered already

Cosmos are a Dap club. DAP players can only play for their DAP team

Valencia arent a DAP club. Don't get fooled by Academy wording

Comment

Here's the U12 club listings - no Valencia. Lots of clubs try to use the term "academy" as a marketing trick, especially for younger players where the parents don't know any better.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-boys-...p#newyorkmetro

Here's the rules in the book - it then goes on later to specifically address HS soccer for older players (pg 6)

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ddh3x...c3dep1i97t0q5h

Comment

They actually encourage school ball. Most amateur European clubs take pride in their players competing for their prep schools. They mentioned in their presentations that the leagues they were joining would allow it.
                              DA disallows HS soccer. A non DA club trying to disallow it isn't likely to stick with it - most kids not doing DA WANT to play HS ball and there's very little competition in the fall. Just train for 2.5 months? Kids want GAMES.

Comment

Not entirely sure where the disconnect is, Valencia is not a member of US Soccer Developmental Academy, or "DA" program as it is commonly referred. I'm not sure where the concern is about Valencia or any other club calling themselves an academy, I wasn't aware the DA's having proprietorship of the word "Academy" considering the DA program itself began in 2007. We need to check the BOTN archives to see if the semantic police were on the case back then. If we continue with that same line of thinking what other language has the DA's taken from us?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X