X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingston Stockade

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/2...ockade-fc.html

Really interesting development, I hope he succeeds in disrupting the MLS.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Elm City Express in New Haven play in this league. It's good entertainment

Comment

If you Google the club you come across blog posts by the club's founder. He has a long term goal to start a free youth academy. If he can survive, he may end up transforming US soccer. This is grassroots soccer at its best!

Comment

If you Google the club you come across blog posts by the club's founder. He has a long term goal to start a free youth academy. If he can survive, he may end up transforming US soccer. This is grassroots soccer at its best!
        Kudos to him for investing his time and money.

Let's not get carried away. He's not even paying his players.

Grass roots soccer will take a long time.

Comment

The craft beer analogy in the article is absurd. Beer can be brewed in a small town and shipped around the world. It's very scalable. A soccer team in Kingston (or other places like it) is not. Not at all.

Comment

The craft beer analogy in the article is absurd. Beer can be brewed in a small town and shipped around the world. It's very scalable. A soccer team in Kingston (or other places like it) is not. Not at all.
            Yes, and the beer is a liquid.....

Comment

1100 people watched Stockade lose last night. Still qualified for playoffs

Comment

Disagree. Soccer clubs in (relatively) small towns for the landscape in Europe, so yes, if small clubs succeed it absolutely is scalable.

I think one thing we can agree on is that MLS soccer s****. This guy is putting a lot of effort and money into doing something to change/improve it. Don't know if he will succeed, but I support anyone trying to improve soccer in the USA.

Comment

Disagree. Soccer clubs in (relatively) small towns for the landscape in Europe, so yes, if small clubs succeed it absolutely is scalable.

I think one thing we can agree on is that MLS soccer s****. This guy is putting a lot of effort and money into doing something to change/improve it. Don't know if he will succeed, but I support anyone trying to improve soccer in the USA.
                  MLS is getting better all the time. The league is fairly strong financially and playing wise. mLS now has second divisions that are contributing in first and second tier cities.

MLS needs to unshackle the teams to be able to spend better. Time is now to loosen the cap

This league is settling in third and fourth tier cities. To your point, similar to the small clubs that dot Europe.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X