Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is not botn. Please refrain from calling out individual players. Your issues with poor behavior by children is best handled in person and not on an anonymous forum. There​ was no need to tell that type of story on ts. Save that for botn.
    OP here, you're right, I should've summarized better leaving out individuals. My apologies...

Comment

OP here, you're right, I should've summarized better leaving out individuals. My apologies...
      I see nothing wrong with a parent sharing information about other players if it's done in a non-inflammatory and emotional way. This is real life and bullying is a big concern right now. I personally have posted elsewhere (not BOTN) about dirty players trying to break my kid's ankle or opposing coaches yelling to their players to "take out the players," meaning our team, and encouraging take downs from behind. So long as we keep it informative and factual I see no harm. JMHO.

Comment

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/i...lds-1.13740628

One step closer to the Susa complex in Central Islip. With Barca and Valencia, this will be a disaster but as a 40 year lease at least we won't see more housing here if it goes bankrupt.

Comment

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/i...lds-1.13740628

One step closer to the Susa complex in Central Islip. With Barca and Valencia, this will be a disaster but as a 40 year lease at least we won't see more housing here if it goes bankrupt.
          Unless a developer buys out the lease during bankruptcy proceedings. Happen all the time.

Comment

Unless a developer buys out the lease during bankruptcy proceedings. Happen all the time.
            It's a 40 year lease. Doubt anyone would build anything substantial on the land with such a short timeframe.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with a parent sharing information about other players if it's done in a non-inflammatory and emotional way. This is real life and bullying is a big concern right now. I personally have posted elsewhere (not BOTN) about dirty players trying to break my kid's ankle or opposing coaches yelling to their players to "take out the players," meaning our team, and encouraging take downs from behind. So long as we keep it informative and factual I see no harm. JMHO.
              Of course you see nothing wrong - you are the same poster.

Comment

BOTN has it posted, it's not new, ISA started this in their paperwork a few years back when some coo coo mom aired the dirty laundry about another psycho mom and her 3 daughters (triplets all on the same team) that were bullying and beating up their own teammates. The triplets eventually got kicked off the team, but then couldn't even get on other local LIJSL teams because so many other coaches and parents had read about them on BOTN. It was a whole big mess and triplet mom threatened a lawsuit and other nonsense. The triplet mom called LM crying and begged him to get involved, which he did. This was when LM lost all credibility.

My daughter was on the team at the time, and had been the target of these kids' and their mother's bullying. She didn't get it as bad as some of the other kids, but enough to send her home crying from several practices. LM knew nothing about any of the kids or the situation, but started writing posts about how wonderful these 3 sisters were, literally posting glowing emails from their mom as his own words. Around that time, ISA had a big meeting about all of it and enacted their "no BOTN posting" rule. So far, I don't think it has worked.
                I'd say coo coo is mom bringing it up how many years later? Com'mon were they 9-10 yrs old? let it go. Who is the real bully on this?

Comment

No child should ever be identified. Next thing you know it's your kid being discussed and you see how bad it can be. Adults are different but even then should only be identified by initials. It's an anonymous forum and isnt always for someone to defend themselves. How would you feel if someone posted your full name and accused you of criminal activity on this site? (Which has happened ).

Comment

I'd say coo coo is mom bringing it up how many years later? Com'mon were they 9-10 yrs old? let it go. Who is the real bully on this?
                    Not so fast, they came to play on my kid's U12 team right after this all happened, so they weren't 9. Pulled the same crap and were gone within a year. I heard same thing happened on the next team and now they're on the hunt again.

Comment

It's a 40 year lease. Doubt anyone would build anything substantial on the land with such a short timeframe.
                      Don't know much about all these. How long of a lease lends itself to something like this? Just curious

Comment

Actually what this says is that there is a zero chance of anything getting built this year. If they don't even have the lease yet that means that they haven't even submitted plans to the building department yet, applied for variances, etc. There is a lot of red tape still to go before the first shovel hits dirt. It's questionable that they'll even have anything for 2018-2019.

Comment

Actually what this says is that there is a zero chance of anything getting built this year. If they don't even have the lease yet that means that they haven't even submitted plans to the building department yet, applied for variances, etc. There is a lot of red tape still to go before the first shovel hits dirt. It's questionable that they'll even have anything for 2018-2019.
                          They will have fewer players next year. A lot of kids leaving and we have been overwhelmed with late requests for extended tryouts from Susa kids. 8 coming to training this week for one team alone and that's happening everywhere.

Where they are losing players are B/C teams that refuse to pay the rates anymore. They will scale back the CI site because of this.

Comment

Of course you see nothing wrong - you are the same poster.
                            Not the OP. Not from LI either so I have no idea about the psycho mom, her daughters, their age group, the club(s) they play(ed) for.

Comment

Drove by the new complex in Central Islip yesterday. The weeds are a foot taller from last month and browner. Nothing going on.

Comment

Drove by the new complex in Central Islip yesterday. The weeds are a foot taller from last month and browner. Nothing going on.
                                SUSA is getting nervous. They are calling around looking for more teams. Barca has put a major hurting on SUSA's #s. Dont let anyone tell you differently.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X