X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really?

Those clubs all currently have teams doing it. The vast majority of players in Florida do exactly that, so obviously you are very wrong.

The only thing that definitely won't work is to continue to follow the same broken model that SF currently has...no alliances, no cooperation, no truly competitive teams.

Think big. Why can't SF evolve into a regional with nationally competitive teams? It can, with vision and organization.
    Who wants to wait around to be given an opportunity to guess play on GDA when my kid is better than 1/2 the kids on the team. Please help me understand why I would wait for that opportunity when I could drive to Boca or Prime and try and make the GDA or ECNL team. Thank Goodness we all have options for our kids here in South Florida. The Politics are terrible at my club and they want you to buy into BS and be held hostage to this alliance crap like its the best.

Comment

No need.. all the GDA has to do is move to a “ modified high school model”... allow girls to play a maximum of 2 High games per week and require attendance at 2 GDA practices per week... except the week of the December GDA Showcase.. no HS Soccer allowed that week.
      This common sense modification by GDAs would put ECNL out of business!
      This is Fantastic!! We should forward this to USA Soccer

Comment

Who wants to wait around to be given an opportunity to guess play on GDA when my kid is better than 1/2 the kids on the team. Please help me understand why I would wait for that opportunity when I could drive to Boca or Prime and try and make the GDA or ECNL team. Thank Goodness we all have options for our kids here in South Florida. The Politics are terrible at my club and they want you to buy into BS and be held hostage to this alliance crap like its the best.
        I think you answered your own question.

Boca???? Lolololol. Good luck with that.

Prime??? We’ll see how they fare moving forward. That leadership’s track record is not so great to say the least.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of speculation about the Weston alliance, GDA and funding on here recently. I wanted to share the limited information that has already been provided to Weston parents. I do expect an official announcement soon, but below is the current plan that has been provided.

Alliance Members:
          Weston
          West Pines
          Sunrise
          Pinecrest Premier
          Palm Beach Gardens
          Plantation-PSG
          1-2 more clubs TBD

At U8-U12, these clubs will play each other in their own league. They can do outside tournaments if they wish, but league play will be internal. This allows clubs to save time on meaningless travel, and will keep the league registration fees internal - basically, they will pay themselves to run their own league. Controls the cost, and can use that money as the alliance determines.

Funding - each club contributes some funds to be managed within the alliance. The league money mentioned above will go to this. They will also do fundraising/sponsorships together, and they will host a new tournament in the fall to raise additional funds. Part of this money will be used to partially fund the GDA; not fully fund, just partial to alleviate some of the costs.

Coaching - JS at Weston, and the other DOCs will implement coaching instruction to raise the level of all coaches in the alliance. They will try to coach a similar style of play with high standards across the board.

GDA - they have not yet provided full details on how this will impact the GDA. It appears that most of the higher level players will play GDA at Weston full time, and then they will pull Part time players from the other clubs as needed. Other clubs will continue to have higher level teams play in appropriate leagues; NPL, FSPL, Region 3, or whatever. This will allow some girls to play high school should they chosoe and get some GDA games.
          This is fantastic! Whit the quality management coming from these clubs, only great things and a successful alliance can be expected.

There is a club West of Pines where the president entered an ‘alliance’, and the first player selected was ..... the best player in the club.

Comment

I think you answered your own question.

Boca???? Lolololol. Good luck with that.

Prime??? We’ll see how they fare moving forward. That leadership’s track record is not so great to say the least.
            One option is never the answer, so the other choices will remain viable. Sorry, please don't be delusional.

Comment

Website

We play at Sunrise and they have told us that we will not be participating in this alliance.
              Website says Sunrise is in it.
              http://floridautd.com/

Comment

How did you find that website? looks like it is still under construction, I doubt they made it public already. Needs to be updated quickly now that its out there.

Comment

Yesss sir, Palm Beach Predators gonna kick major arse in this league, go to the head of the class!!

#bestclubinpalmbeach is now

#bestclubinallofsouthflorida

Comment

Damn.

Could it actually be possible that SF is the getting it’s act together and working together for the betterment of all players?

Awesome

Comment

What other clubs make sense to be part of the alliance?

Comment

Pinecrest

Pencil us in to the alliance !

Comment

Damn.

Could it actually be possible that SF is the getting it’s act together and working together for the betterment of all players?

Awesome

You really believe that? Its a way to combat these clubs deficiencies. Its ECNL these club will lose to. Good luck! This has already been tried here and in other places in Fl.

Comment

Kids need as many touches as possible , games and more games , look at the European youth leagues , those kids play all the time -

Stupidest person on TS quoted this. They actually play less.

Comment

A lot less. This person is totally clueless. Freaking idiot.

Comment

They need to train and train with good coaching
                                😂

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X